chapter 1:Trouble in paradise

chapter 1:Trouble in paradise

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael has been abducted and the situation now turns over to his son to fill in for him.But will Thomas's personal life with his father intervene?

"
Thomas pushed open the door the the back yard.His father along with the blimp,was now gone."Dad!"

Janice came running outside to see what was going on."Thomas,what is the matter?!"

"Dad has been taken by someone!A blimp came here and took him away!"

"How is that possible?Your father would not allow himself to be taken just like that.Are you sure he was taken peacefully and not forcefully?"

"No.Dad was taken forcefully.A claw came down and grabbed him."

"Oh dear."Janice walked back inside and sat down at the table."I hoped this day would never come."

Thomas came walking inside.He seemed a little shocked at his mothers tone of voice."You don't seem so surprised."

"Have you heard the stories of a man that has protected this world for nearly 500 hundred years?"

"Yes."

"Well that man is your father."

"That can't be possible.He doesn't age,he doesn't die!If dad did have a family then he would also watch it die."

"That is true but there is also a wrong."Janice stood up and placed one hand on his shoulder."You inherited your fathers gifts.You and him will never age,never die.You are both immortal."

Thomas stumbled backwards."No.This can't be happening." Janice tried to comfort him but he pulled away from her."Don't touch me!" He then remembered something."So when I was growing up and all of those little ACCIDENTS that occurred,they were because of my powers?"

"Yes."

"I can't believe I trusted you!"

"Thomas,just listen..."

The words fell on deaf ears.He took off out of the house and down the street.He kept running until his lungs felt like they were going to explode.He knew of an old man that lived somewhere in the rose gardens.He had once explained something to Thomas that made no sense,so now was the time to get the answers he so rightfully deserved. The rose gardens were huge in comparison to olden day ones.It stretched out for miles with hundreds of different species of flowers and plants.

Thomas roamed through the gardens before finally coming across an area of shrubbery that had been flattened."Hello?!"

One of the bushes moved."Who's there?"Snapped a croaky voice."Well?Who is it?"

"It's me sir.Thomas.We spoke briefly a few weeks ago."

An old man dragged himself out from a hole cut into a bush.He looked like he hadn't washed or had a change of clothes in years."Thomas aye?Let me take a look at you to see for myself." The old man walked round Thomas to get a better view."It is you."

"I told you."

The old man walked over to a park bench and sat down."Take a seat." Once Thomas was seated,the old man began to talk."What seems to be the bother my boy?"

"My father.Is he the protector of this world?"

"Indeed he is."

"So do I also have his powers?"

"Yes and no.Yours and his are different."

"What did you mean by all things are connected but not as we know it?"

"Your father was meant to have his powers."

"Okay?"

"Does that clear it up for you?"

"No."

"Your father was given his powers by an ancient being named Clitosis."

"So why was that hidden?"

"Because Clitosis was an unstoppable force.He did not come from earth but he made his presence known.He abducted your father as an infant and did terrible things to him.Thus resulting in the birth of your fathers destiny."

"What else?"

"Clitosis was eventually stopped but never killed.He was thrown into a volcano encased in a coffin of pure Iron Lead.It was designed so he could never escape.But as he was taken away,Clitosis swore that his powers would one day return to to ravage this world."

"And what does that have to do with my father?"

"Your fathers powers are like a beacon.They will home in on the smallest trace of Clitosis's power.It would lead someone straight to it."

"No."

"Yes.And what's worse,they figured it out."

"So your riddle explains itself. All things are connected but not as we know it.It means my dad is connected to Clitosis but is not known to anyone."

"Exactly.You need to go now Thomas for the fate of this world rests on your shoulders.Even your fathers life is resting on your success."

"So who has my father?"

"A man named Mechanoid.A man made entirely from part human,part metal.He is a terrible man that must be stopped."

"Mechanoid?"

"Yes.Now go!"

As Thomas went to leave,the old man spoke some gibberish.Thomas floated up in the air and felt a tingling sensation rush throughout his body."What is going on?"Then there was a flash of white light.It was done."What did you do?"

"You can now access your fathers powers without trouble.Now return home.I get the feeling that Mechanoid knows about you and is going to try and kill you."

"Mom."

"Go boy,save her!"

Thomas ran straight back home.He stopped at the front porch and saw that the lock had been busted in."Mom?!" He entered the living room and saw three men standing in front of Janice.They all looked half human,half robot.

"Run Thomas!" Yelled Janice.

The three men began to approach Thomas.Their hands were glowing blue from electricity.Thomas smiled."Ever heard of sparky?"

"We don't have time for games."

"Then shall we meet him?"Thomas's hands became engulfed in blue fire.He then threw two fire balls at two of the three men,slamming them hard against the walls.

"You little runt.I will make you pay for that."

Thomas charged one more fire ball then fired it at the last guy.It missed horribly."Give me a minute."But it was too late.The thug jumped through the air at Thomas,unaware of what was to come.Thomas jumped high in the air and did a spin kick.The thug slammed against the wall.

"You are going to pay for that!"The thug got up and made his way over to Thomas.He grabbed him by his arm but found his hand to be burnt clean off from the fire."Aaaahhhh!!!!"

"Give up!"

"Not until the fat lady sings."The thug grabbed Janice by her throat."Surrender!"

Thomas whimpered as he saw his mother gripping the hand crushing her wind pipe."Okay okay!I surrender!"

"Thomas,no!"

"I have to.He will kill you otherwise."

"I have been waiting for this for a while now."

"Mom..."

"Just go."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 13, 2014
Last Updated on March 13, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay