chapter 8:being drastic is good

chapter 8:being drastic is good

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Trayheart now stands unchallenged.He has the weapon that can destroy him and is planning on using it to awaken his species.Time is of the essence and there isn't much left.

"
It took only an hour or so for Trayheart to arrive at his new HQ.It was a palace built for himself.It looked like a fish hook really but was more square than rounded.He was in the top of the main tower with his army of hybrids.They were all gathered for the final announcement from their leader.

"My fellow creatures,we are but a small stain on the face of this world.But no more.No.We shall rise up,we will take back what is ours,and then finally we will have the respect we deserve as ruler over all!"

"What about..."

"Michael Ablestine is no more."

"Then why is he in the window?"

"What?!"Trayheart turned and saw Michael standing in the window."How is this possible?!"

Michael hopped down from the window and onto the floor."Not all humans have powers like I do."

"It matters not anymore for the crystal is in position.You can not stop me now!"

Michael burst in to flame."Time for it to get a little hotter in here." He fired a fireball at Trayheart creating an explosion."Ha!"

The smoke cleared and Trayheart stood tall and proud."Did you think that would kill me?My creatures!Seize him!"

All of the hybrids in the room surrounded Michael."Do you know what happens to people when they play with fire?They get burnt!"Michael charged a small fire explosion inside of himself then let it blow up out.The explosion was like a ring that spread across the entire room."And that is how it's done!" Trayheart was gone so Michael raced out of the room and down a corridor.He ran until he came to a doorway leading out onto a bridge that extended across to a rocket.

The rocket had two extra mini rockets attached to each side to give it more oomph.Michael gazed upon it in confusion."What the hell?"The area that it was in was the center of the palace.The palace went right around the rocket in a full square.At the top of it was a small glass box,inside was the crystal."Damn."

'Impressive?"

Michael looked up and saw Trayheart."Come down here and fight me!"

"I shall remain on the third floor thank you."

"How did I end up below him?"

"I made a modification to the corridor you were in.When an unwanted being enters it,the corridor instantly teleports them to another area in the building."

Michael had had enough games.He raced across the bridge to the rocket."Time to end this!"

Trayheart landed on the bridge nearly breaking it."You go no further."

"Move or I will move you."

"That crystal is the only hope of waking my people.There is a space station in orbit.Once the crystal reaches it and my hybrids take it to the core reactor for the laser beam,it shall unleash a ray of energy that penetrate the earth and waken my people!"

"Just one thing wrong with that plan."

"And what is that?"

Michael shot an energy blast at the glass box making it explode.Sparks of purple energy fired out from every angle possible.Then the rocket got consumed by it and began to explode all over the place.Holes ripped through the rocket making it obsolete.

"No!"

"I told you,it is over."

"Stopping me this time will not stop me altogether!I will awaken my family and we will take over this pathetic world!"

"Sorry,not sale."

Trayheart was breathing heavily."Now it all comes to an end."His physical form began to change.The sound of breaking bones could be heard clearly as his body changed.His skin became more like rhino skin.Elephant tusks popped up out of his shoulders, small spikes ripped out from within the skin on his arms,and four long tentacles erupted from his back.They ended with the tip of an arrow.

"Ugly to uglier."

"Your meddlesome efforts stop now!" Both men faced each other before charging and colliding together.Their hands cupped together with palms open flat,one struggling to move the other."Give up!"

"Never!"

"You make me laugh."Trayheart's tentacles came out and wrapped themselves around Michael.They flung him high in the air then slammed him down on the metal bridge."Give up!"

"No way." Michael ran at Trayheart but found himself blocked by the tentacles.They grabbed him by his arms then finally threw him against the burning rocket.

"Give up.Two words.Just say them."

Michael got to his feet."Quitting is for the weak."

"Then quit." Trayheart's tentacles once more wrapped themselves round Michael and slammed him down on the bridges railing."That had to hurt."Trayheart walked over to him."Do you submit?"

"Never."

"Then you will die." Trayheart pulled him up by hist shirt and dangled him over the edge of the bridge.The fires below from the spilled rocket fuel burning fiercely."All of those stories of your heroism,they end here with me."

Michael was laughing."This is futile."

"Laughing in the face of death."

"No.Your death."Michael grabbed hold of Trayheart and pulled him over the railing.He grabbed hold of the railing and watched as Trayheart fell down into the fires below."Finally." Michael limped over to the doorway and froze."Where is Janice?"

The elevator shaft that sat on the left side of the bridge,began to shake.Trayheart was pulling himself up using his tentacles."If all else fails,have a plan B."In his hands was Janice.

"Janice!"

"Michael!"

"How touching.The final moments of either of your lives."

"Let her go."

"What will it be?Save the world,save her,or surrender?"

Janice froze."It's okay Michael.Save the world."

"But..."

"One death saves the lives of the many."

"No..."

"Let me die Michael."

"Nobody dies today!"Michael charged at Trayheart with full speed.

"She will die!"Trayheart let go of Janice letting her fall down the elevator shaft.

Michael ran and dove down it.He fell at a speed greater than expected.He took hold of Janice then used his sticky grappling hook to swing to safety on the first floor.

"You would rather save me than the planet?"

"I can save you and the planet."

"But now he can get away."

"No.He won't.Because I am Michael Ablestine.And I will never let this world down!"He used his hook to climb back to the bridge where Trayheart was."Give up Trayheart!"

Trayheart had the crystal shards in hand."If I can not wake my family then I will turn this world into a new home!I have enough crystal fragments to turn this world dark!"

"Your rocket no longer works,the crystal is destroyed.You have nothing left."

"I will not lose!"

"You already have."

Trayheart was holding some strange device.It was a teleport."Good bye."As he pushed the button,Michael latched an energy blast on to him.So when Trayheart teleported on board the space stationthe energy blast detonated causing the ship to explode.But briefly before it did,Trayheart growled."I hate you Abletsine."

Michael could see from where he was standing,an explosion fill the sky with flames and debris falling to the earth.He smiled triumphantly as Janice joined him."I told you I could do it." But something caught his attention.There was a strange object in the sky far from the explosion.

"We need to go."

Michael felt an explosion then some kind of quake rip through the palace."I agree!"He took hold of her hand and led her out of the palace.In record time they made it outside just as explosion after explosion crippled the palace.Then finally,after several more,the palace collapsed to the ground in a pile of smoke.

As the two love birds were making their way out from the desert area,Janice stopped Michael."I have something to tell you."She leaned closer and whispered something into his ear.

Michael froze."What?!"

"Mhm."

"The shock hit Michael like a baseball bat."Okay.That's fine...I just need to..."He stumbled for a second before passing out.



© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on March 12, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay