chapter 5:Power,chaos,destruction

chapter 5:Power,chaos,destruction

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael has failed in preventing Dueldoix from collecting the weapon fragments.The only chance he has left of stopping him is to beat him to the location given.The name was not Australia anymore.

"
Michael groaned as he woke to a thumping headache."My head.What did I drink last night?"He stood up and saw he was alone on the hill."S**t!"
A familiar voice spoke in his head."Michael?"
"You haven't spoken to me since I was competing with Leahcim."
"Much has changed.We are all grateful for you freeing us,but now we watch in fear as Dueldoix gains more ground."
"What is the point anymore?I've lost."
"Not yet.Time is still on our side."
"How?"
"I have not much left,but I will use my power to transport you to the location given."
"How do you know where it is?"
"I have read your thoughts Michael.A few ones about some woman named Janice...naked...Then about the location in a place that used to be called Australia.I will transport you there."
And with that,Michael appeared out in a area covered in lush forestry."I hate it when he does that.Makes my head dizzy."He began his long trek through the forest like anyone else.But he was empty handed apart from his energy,air,and fire blasts.Those were his only weapons.That and his hook shot.The grappling hook he had created.
The forest was dense and very humid.Michael was struggling to find what he was looking for.But instead of him finding it,it found him.Michael toppled down a slope landing in a pile of dirt.He brushed himself off and discovered a huge structure ahead of him.It looked like a Mayan temple.It had every last detail right down to the steps ascending the temple.Michael rushed up the steps and made his way inside of the temple.It was empty.It made no sense.If he was transported there for a reason then why was there nothing to be found?
"God damn it!There's nothing even here!What the hell is the point of all this if I can't even find the entrance to this place!"He punched one of the walls and heard a strange sound.This wall was thicker than the rest.He pulled a few bricks out of place to find a secret compartment behind it.All was not lost.He squeezed through the gap and fell down into a seemingly never ending hole.He finally stopped when he came crashing down on top of a few patches of moss.The entire area around him was green.
Laughter rang out through the tunnel Michael was standing in."Soon it will happen!"
Michael followed the tunnel before coming across an opening.The tunnel stretched out into a huge room with a pedestal in the center.The pedestal was actually a black smiths anvil.And standing at the anvil was Dueldoix.He was getting ready to place the three pieces onto it.
"Ah,Michael.So glad you could join me on this marvelous event."
"Stop this Dueldoix.What happened to that once noble warrior history speaks of?"
"He died when I was betrayed."
"Betrayed?By who?"
"The same being that forced your powers upon you.He is both of our dictators."
"Who did this to you?"
"I was normal once.I protected this world until I was tricked in to absorbing dark matter.I had to either absorb it or let mankind die.I was tricked in to taking all of it."
"Who did it?"
"You know who it is."
"I don't know."
"Then you will find out in time."
"Please Dueldoix,don't do this."
"It's too late.The weapon is ready." Dueldoix turned to the anvil where a bright pink light was shining from.Then as fast it was there,it was gone.In its place sat a small dagger.It looked like any ordinary dagger but had a green crystal in it to match the orange crystal that the dagger was formed from.The blade was twisted like a snake and ended at the green crystal holding hilt.
"That's it?"
"This is the most powerful weapon in the world Michael.It allows the wielder to bring one person back to life.After that it only gives you more power,that's it."
"So you resurrect your master then give him the dagger?"
"No.I keep it as a token of his gratitude."
"I don't think that would work."
"It will!He has slept for long enough,so now the time has come for him to slumber now more." Dueldoix picked up the dagger and held it out in triumph."I always win."
Michael glared at him."No!"He fired an energy orb at Dueldoix only to have it thrown back at him.Dueldoix simply created his own,absorbed Michael's,then cast it back at him."I won't let you...win."Michael passed out yet again.
Dueldoix climbed out of the temple with the dagger high in the air."It is time my lord!Awaken and destroy humanity!" The dagger glowed bright red before firing a red orb out of the hilt.It fired off into the sky and flew away.
Michael pulled himself to and chased after Dueldoix.He tackled him to the ground and began to punch him repeatedly."You moron!You've killed us all including yourself!" The entire planet began to shake violently causing massive damage to major cities spread across Pangaea. Dark Matter Hill began to shake from within the core itself.Then it began to grow in size creating large cracks from the top to the bottom.And finally the entire hill erupted spewing dark matter everywhere for over 10 miles.
The voice in Michael's head spoke once more."Michael!Time is of the essence.You must leave now before the valley collapses inside of itself!"
Michael disappeared leaving Dueldoix standing alone."The era of man is neigh.All shall worship or die."
Michael stumbled backwards as he appeared in the middle of a street.Cars and hover cars driving past,all managed to swerve out of the way to avoid hitting him.Michael raced through the crowd of screaming people to see what happened."What's going on?!"
A man bumped in to Michael."Its the end!"
"What?!" Michael heard strange noise from above him.He looked up and saw exactly what it was.It was a giant ball of fire hurtling straight for the city."Oh s**t." A hovercopter flew over Michael and got hit by the fireball.
Another person ran past Michael."You're Michael right?"
"Yeah."
"Then save us."

"I don't know how." The ground cracked even more then began to lift up in certain places."This is not good." Michael saw Dueldoix standing in the city center."Dueldoix!!!"
"Michael!Your time is up!"Trayheart is awake!"
"Then I will kill you!"
"Go ahead,it will not help you defeat him!"
Michael felt a cold shiver run down his spine."What is that?"He turned slowly and saw a person standing on top of a nearby building.
"Pledge loyalty to the master!" Yelled Dueldoix.The man then let out a bat like screech."He is displeased?"
The man spoke in a deep voice."You have failed me Dueldoix."
"But I did everything you said to awaken you!"
"You failed me."
"How did I..."
"You let a human get the better of you.You allowed him to claim two pieces of the dagger before you."
"He..."

"Is human!"
"He has powers!"
The man appeared right in front of Dueldoix."You have no more purpose." Trayheart had no clothes,no genitals,no hair,nothing.He only had a face,body,arms,hands,fingers,legs,feet,toes,and dark grey skin. Around his skin was some kind of glowing bubble energy field.It had no color.
"How do you have an energy shield?"
"There are many things best left untold.Now give me the dagger." Dueldoix handed him the dagger."You are lucky to be made out of raw energy my friend.Only the armor is your body."
"Thank you."
"But what they don't know is that you can be killed."
"Master?"
Trayheart stabbed the dagger into Dueldoix's armor where his heart should have been."Good bye old friend."A stream of red light transferred from Dueldoix to the dagger.Dueldoix was dead.Nothing but armor fell on the ground in a pile.
"You killed him?" Michael said,astonished.
"Why not?He couldn't even do his job correct."
"You truly are a monster."
"Temper, temper."
"Oh eat me."
Trayheart lifted one hand at Michael making him levitate.He somehow appeared right in front of Michael,grabbed him tightly,spun him around three times,let go of him letting him hurtle through the air,appeared in mid air before him,took hold of him again and flung him high in the air.With one last movement,Trayheart appeared above Michael and used a huge energy punch to slam him on the ground creating a crater around him.
"You are but a weak human.You can't even protect yourself from the most basic attacks."
"How did you?"
"You are too weak for me human."
"I will...I will stop you."
"You and who's army?"
Michael pointed at Trayheart as he walked off."This isn't over."He passed out.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay