chapter 3:New evil

chapter 3:New evil

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is one step behind Dueldoix and needs to pick up the pace if he wishes to defeat him.

"
Michael traveled to the last reported sighting of Dueldoix to try and stop him.But when he arrived expecting to see a city,he was greeted instead with an archaeological dig."He must have come here for sure."Michael followed a path leading down about twenty meters or so before finally coming across a flat wall covered in the language Michael had discovered on more than one occasion.It showed a picture of people worshiping Dueldoix. Not far from his location,Michael found yet another handle sticking out of the wall.He pulled it carefully as to make sure he did not make any mistakes.But nothing happened.
The wall where the picture was placed,slid backwards a few centimeters before lowering underneath the ground creating a small step across the floor."Well that was easy."Michael went to step inside when he heard footsteps behind him.Quickly,Michael jumped underneath the wooden path built by the archaeologists.
Dueldoix came walking down the path and saw the door was open."Someone else is here.Find him!" More of the creatures like Leahcim,were all walking round the place,bu they looked more reptilian than fish."Find the scum who has been here!Bring them to me!"
Michael managed to scurry out of his hiding place and out of the dig.He was about to make his leave when he looked up and saw Dueldoix standing before him."Oh s**t."
"I knew it was you!"He picked Michael up by his shirt."Now I can destroy you!"
"Get some better material.I've heard that before."
"You would dare to insult me?I will have your heart for breakfast!"
Michael punched him in the head with a fire blast knocking Dueldoix down into the dig.He rolled down into the open door then passed out."I didn't expect that,but it will help either way." Michael ran down the path and inside of the open door.In through the door was a huge room.It was over 200 meters high,100 meters wide,had a deep river running width in the center of the room, and a huge statue at the opposite end of the room.Michael was standing on a ledge that over looked the room.To his right was  a path leading down to ground floor.
Michael marveled at what he was seeing."This is nothing like me or Janice could ever have imagined."He saw that the statue was of a man on his knees praying.His hands were together symbolizing prayer."This place must have been built before the earth had the great flood a thousand years ago.They obviously did it to hide the weapon fragment.And when I used the energy to restore the planet,this place was built anew."
The water in the river shimmered in the light erupting from the symbols all over the walls.That was when Michael noticed a small dark spot in the river,obviously some kind of  cavern.He dove in and swam down to the dark spot.It was indeed a cavern.Michael swam inside of it and found an object within it.It looked the head of an arrow.Once he collected it he swam back to the surface to inspect what it was. The object was made out of pure gold.It sparkled in the light making it seem all the more important.
"This has got something to do with the statue."Michael walked over to the statue and found that there was a ladder made out of stone sticking out of the front of it.He slowly and carefully climbed the statue as not to break it.Michael climbed up until the ladder ended at the statues face."I get it."He tapped the right eyelid which made the statue open its eye.In the eye was a small place for the arrowhead to be inserted.Michael inserted it then waited.He looked down and saw that the hands were now open flat like a platform.He jumped down onto it.Going inside of the statues chest was a tunnel.
Michael followed the tunnel a full 20meters until it opened out into a room.In the room was nothing but a door similar to the one in Dueldoix's original tomb."This has got more to do with the weapon."Michael then took a deep breath as he read it."This is the room of darkness.Built to keep the weapon of darkness out of the light.Darkness is hidden so that the creature does not find it and reform it."Michael got a fright when the door opened inwards.In the center of the new room was a pedestal holding an object.It looked like the tip of a sword.But it was made out of some kind of orange crystal.
Michael ignored the object for now and walked over to a coffin all the way across the room."Here lies my brother Jason.He gave his life building this temple to prevent the dark one from being awakened again.Rest in peace my brother."Michael looked back at the object."So many lives have been lost trying to prevent this dark creature from being woken up."He walked over to it and took it from its place.He held it in his hands wondering what to do.It felt similar to the crystal his sword was made out of.
"Michael,Michael,Michael."Dueldoix was standing in the doorway clapping his hands together."Thank you so much for opening the tomb for me.You see,I can not enter these places as I am repelled by the old magic.When I was imprisoned,the old ones cursed me so that I may never enter these tombs myself.So you have done the dirty work for me."
"But back in Icetopia.You found the weapon fragment."
"That tomb had been completely destroyed by the time I got there.It had been done centuries ago."
"I will not allow you to gain all of the weapon fragments."
"And who is going to stop me?You?"
"I have the second piece whist you have the first.We are even."
Dueldoix made his sword appear."Time to get rid of an annoying pest."
Michael ran and jumped over the coffin to hide for cover."I won't let this happen!"
"You don't get a bloody say in this!This was foretold centuries ago!Don't you get it?All of this was meant to happen,every single detail!"
"What are you talking about?"
"Do you really think you got given your powers accidentally?You were given them purposely so you could be where you are now!"
"How do you know that?"
"Because I was there when the prophecy was first written."
"Lies!"Michael stood up and began to thrust energy blasts at Dueldoix.Once there was a small dust cloud covering the way,Michael ran out of the tomb.He ran through the tunnel then dove into the river below.
Dueldoix waited as the cloud disappeared before moving."You have nowhere to go Michael.Give up!"He moved over to the coffin and saw that Michael was gone."Michael!!!!!"
Michael made haste to the vehicle he had arrived in.It was a hovercopter.Instead of having blades to fly,the hovercopter had a metal plate beneath it that used energy as an impulse mechanism to fly.It ran off the filtered oxygen.Michael climbed aboard then set a course for the place that was marked on the coffin.He would now have to travel to one part of Pangaea that was still partially desert.It was once known as Mexico,but is now known as Crotatia.A place surrounded by never ending desert.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on February 23, 2014
Last Updated on February 24, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay