chapter 5:The past

chapter 5:The past

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

With an old enemy of Michael's on the horizon,how will it impact him in the long run?

"
Michael stood on the edge of the stream and watched as the water drained into the newly dug hole.The machine that Leahcim was using had drilled through the ground to somewhere,but now with water flowing down it it would be too risky.
"Who was that?" Asked a hunter.
"That was an old enemy of mine.I thought he died but obviously not."
"So how are you going to find the tomb before he does?"
"I have no idea."
"What?!"
"I was bluffing okay.I was trying to see whether or not he would spill on the location.
"Then we're doomed!"
"You've given up hope just because I don't have a plan?"
"What do you expect?"
"More trust.Here is the plan. We are going to go to the city of knowledge."
"Encyclopedia City?"
"Yeah."
"You're insane."
"Encyclopedia City has got information on everything in history."
"Yeah but..."
"No buts."
"Okay.So when do we leave?"
"In the morning.We'll stay here for the night so we can get our bearings  right." Nightfall fell over the land giving off a perfect sunset.Mankind now relished the beauties of nature since the earths revival.
"So Michael.How are we going to kill this guy?"
"Who?"
"Leahcim."
"We will do it one way or another." They all slept outside on the grass for the night.Mankind loved everything about being outside now.Their love for the world had been restored.Michael was having a nightmare about terrible things going to happen.Things that had not yet taken place. But as he was awoken by the sound of gun fire."What the hell?!" He gazed round and saw all of the houses were on fire.
A strange looking creature ran through the houses destroying everything in its path.Then one of the hunters got in its way and was torn in two pieces.The creature turned its attention to Michael and slowly started to walk towards him.It was huge.It was tall,thin,and appeared to have no arms or legs,just hands and feet. But as it got closer it became more humanoid.It had body parts that of a human,but holding those parts to its torso were bolts of electricity.It was an electric creature.
"You're not very scary are you?Yet you are very strong."
The voice that had spoken to Michael hours ago,now spoke again."Do not fear me Michael."
"You're the one that spoke to me?"
"Yes...sorry for your friends Michael,but it was the only way to stop them from killing me before I could deliver the message."
"An ally?You just slaughtered my team!"
"I have an important message to deliver."

"What is the message?"
"You must go to Heaven City.There you shall find an impending doom.If you do not stop my master from destroying it then you will lose the battle to prevent Dueldoix from being resurrected."
"What is Dueldoix?"
"Many years ago,before your birth.There was a creature born as a human.He was given super human abilities like yourself,to help save the world.But one day he came into contact with dark energy.The outcome was one of pure disgust.The liquid changed him,made him dark,killing thousands.It completely changed his DNA sequence,thus ushering him to kill everyone he came across."
"So what happened?"
"It is said that god came down from the heaven itself and put and end to it.But on his death bed he swore that he would return and have his revenge.God too said he would return but not as himself."
"Not as himself?"
"That part was never deciphered."
"So where is his tomb?"
"That I do not know.Leahcim  wants to awaken Dueldoix so he can claim more power for himself and kill you.This must not happen."
"Fine.Heaven City it is."Michael searched all of his fallen hunters but found that one was missing."George you coward."He turned round and instantly returned to Sanctuary.He still lived there along with hundreds of others.What he did though was book a flight to Heaven City,which was half way across the world.
When the earth reset,there were no countries,no continents,or anything like that.It was Pangaea.Michael took a flight all the way across the otherside of Pangaea and made it to Heaven City.But along the way as he was chilling,the hover craft plummeted from the sky,falling into a deep crevice.It was long,dark,and almost lifeless.This is where it began.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on February 13, 2014
Last Updated on February 13, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay