chapter 8:Time for change

chapter 8:Time for change

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael has completed his goal and must now return to the city in order to save it once again.

"
The boat quietly glided across the sea towards its destination.Once it arrived at the jetty leading to the city,the captain jumped out and tied the boat to wooden post."This is where you get off."
"Thank you."
"Just doing my job kid.Now go,before something bad happens."
"What would make you say something like that?"
"Just be careful."
Michael got out of the boat and quickly ran up along the beach.He ran to the city gates only to find it shut and locked."What the hell?Open up!"
The image of Albert's face reappeared at the gates."So you have returned?But this matters little.I gave you safe passage inside of the city but not in,that you will have to figure out on your own."
"Open the door!"
"Finding your way in is easier than you first think."
Michael turned to his right and saw a strange looking design etched on the side of the city walls.It was a path just sticking out of the wall leading right round until it came to a sewer grating."Looks like this is my ticket out of here."He climbed some rocks blocking his way before following the path.But as he was walking along the path it began to break.The concrete beneath his feet was falling as fast as he was running.Michael sprinted faster than he had ever done,trying desperately to avoid a painful death below. He ran faster and faster as the falling concrete reach his footing making it harder and harder to run on.But just as he was about to fall,the sewer grate came in to view.
Michael did one last dash before jumping through the air and grabbing hold of the grate.He clung on for dare life as the concrete path vanished into the sea below."Thank god."He managed to rip a part of the grate of then made his way inside.
The professor was sitting in his lab when the door burst open.It was Michael."So you have returned."
"Yeah."Michael tossed him the crystal."Take it."
"But this is not the crystal I requested."
"Deal with it."
The creature in the portal growled."This crystal is stronger than the other one.He somehow managed to fuse two different crystals together."
"I see.So then his task is done?"
"Yes."
"Good."The professor pulled out his gun and aimed it at Michael once again."Time to relieve you of your duty."
"Whoa.We had a deal."
"Don't you know that the bad guys always lie?"
Michael gritted his teeth together."You won't get away with this."
"Try me."
As the gun fired a single bullet,Michael dodged out of the way and threw a blue energy orb at the professor.The gun fell to the floor giving Michael enough time to pull out his shotgun and aim it at him."Looks like I have the gun now."
The crystal glowed brightly as it made contact with the portal.The glass cracked allowing the creature to force its way through."I am free!"
Michael did a hard kick pushing the professor in to the creature forcing both of them through.Michael then aimed his shotgun at the portal with a smile."Time to die." He fired a single shot at the portal making the crystal to suddenly create a flash of green light.A small explosion erupted from within the portal itself before blowing up inside of itself.It had been done.The world was safe yet again and only within a few short hours.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on February 2, 2014
Last Updated on February 2, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay