chapter 7:Mad hallucinations

chapter 7:Mad hallucinations

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

With Michael close to his goal,what else shall he encounter?

"
Michael charged at the creature pinning it against a wall."I am the protector of this world and nobody will stop me from completing my job!"He stabbed his sword into the creatures shoulder fully pinning it to the wall of the hut.

"Please,have mercy."

"I do not give mercy to those who do not deserve it." Michael pulled out his shotgun and aimed it right up against the creatures head."Smile for the camera."

"I can help you...

"I don't need your help."And with that,Michael pulled the trigger blowing the creatures head off.The only thing remaining attached to the neck of it was the necklace."I'll hold onto that for now."He pocketed the necklace before walking over to another set of doors to the village,this time leading out of the village and further within the island.He marched across the desolate island until he came to a flat wall of volcanic rock sticking out of the base of the islands volcano.In the center was the crystal he had been sent to collect.

The crystal was amber colored and was not very big.It was the exact shape of a triangle.It glistened in the setting sun light over looking the  island.Michael placed one hand on the crystal trying to remove it.He tugged harder on it until it finally gave out.The rock holding it in place broke allowing the crystal to release and fall in to the hands of Michael.But as he fell backwards a bright yellow light blinded him quite severely.It got brighter and brighter before disappearing,leaving him standing on the spot dazed and confused.Michael turned round and saw off in the distance that the city had black smoke pouring out of the top of it.

"What in gods name is happening?" Michael ran down the same path he had until he made it back to the beach.This time the water seemed to be more yellow than green."The sea water,it isn't acidic."He knelt down to touch the water."It's made out of gold.How is this possible?"The water was thick like mud making it ever more confusing.How could and ocean he sailed on mare moments ago,suddenly turn to liquid gold?It made no sense at all.

"I have been waiting for this for a very long time."Came a familiar voice from behind.

Michael spun round and saw who was talking."No way."He gasped. What stood before him was truly unbelievable.It was an exact image of himself but with grey skin."You're me?"

"I am."

"But how is this possible?"

"You have come to this dimension by mistake."

"What about your crystal?"

"The purple one I just collected?It is fine,though it is only half."

"Same.Maybe if we put them together then it will fix this trouble."

"Fair enough.I shall give it a try."The grey Michael held out his crystal the same time the normal Michael did.Once they touched together sparks of energy exploded from the two pieces.The crystal crackled and hissed as it fused itself together using the two pieces.And with one final blast of green energy,the crystal had formed to create one.

Michael stepped back when he saw that the crystal was now green."How did it change color like that?"

"I don't know.Just like many other mysteries,this crystal too is a mystery."

"Why do you talk like your old fashioned?"

"This is how I talk."

"Okay."

"Now if you would be so kind as to hand over the crystal."

"What for?"

"I wish to travel to your dimension and take control."

"That sounds precisely like that creature in the portal."Michael took hold of the crystal,yanking it free the grey Michael.He ran up the beach towards the path then made his way toward the village.Once past the village he ran to the flat rock wall.He pushed the crystal into place and reappeared in his dimension."What a rush."He turned to see the city off in the distance.It was safe and sound.

The boat was ready and waiting for Michael to return.Once he was on the jetty the engine started."Back already?Did you get that thing I asked for?"

Michael pushed it in to the captains chest."Here."

"So what happened?"

"Nothing.I think I had massive hallucinations though."

"That's the island for you."

"Just take me home."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on February 1, 2014
Last Updated on February 1, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay