chapter 6:friend or foe

chapter 6:friend or foe

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is now ready to leave for the island of dark creation,he must now face the dangers of the island.Sink or swim

"
Michael made his way down the the beach until he came across a small jetty.At the end of it was a boat that would take people across to the island."Hello?Is anyone home?"
An old man came out of the boat.He had an eye patch on and what appeared to be a pirate look."Yes I am home.What can I do ya for?"
"I need to get across to the..."
"The island of dark creation.Yes,everybody wants to go there."
"I don't want to go there. I need to get there."
"Everybody has reasons for going there.Not sure why I'd ever want or need to go to a place like that."
"If I don't get across then I will die."
"Going there will kill ya."
"How do you know?"
"Because Michael,nobody has ever come back."
"How do you know my name?"
"I have been waiting for this day to come Michael.Waiting so very patiently."
"Waiting?So you knew this would happen?"
"Oh yes.You are not the only one watching over this city Michael.There are others out there that have ulterior motives,not all good."
"Then who else is watching?"
"There are those who wish for you to fail,only then will you discover whom it is."
"Tell me who they are."
"You will not frighten me Michael.I am a lot stronger than you."
"Oh really?"Michael went to grab him but found his arm went through the old man."What?"
"You are not the only extraordinary beings here Michael." The old man walked over to the boat and turned on the engine."You getting on board?"

Michael hopped on the boat and braced for a rough ride.He knew that the seas those days were a whole lot more dangerous than hundreds of years ago.With all of the earth underwater it made for a pretty brutal adaptation.Most of the world was either acidic water or unlivable land.Land so treacherous that no man or woman could step a foot on it.
As the boat pushed along side another jetty the boats man got out of it and tied it to a wooden post."This is where we part ways unfortunately.I will be needing payment though."
"Payment?I have no money."
"No boy,there is a village just off the beach ahead.It is rumored to possess a blue gem that is unlike anything else.Bring that to me and I will bring you to and from this place."
"Sounds like a deal."Michael climbed out of the boat and walked along the jetty.He quickly found himself walking on what appeared to be grey sand.This brought worrying thoughts to him since anything could have made the sand this way,but not only that,what made it could also be of dark intent.The island was founded upon darkness and always had been.Ever since its creation centuries ago.
The old man waved to Michael was he made his way up the beach."Good luck!And don't forget to bring me the gem!"
Michael marched up the beach to where a breach in the forest was."This looks like it could be a path leading inland.I'd better be prepared though."He followed the path through the thick forest and eventually came across the gate to a village.It was huge and made out of wood.But in the center of the gate was a indentation of something round with little spikes sticking off it.Michael instantly knew what must be done.He pulled out the sun key and inserted it into the indent.With a few twists from left to right the sound of loud clicking splintered throughout the wood.
The two huge doors creaked and groaned as they opened inwards toward the village.But once open it revealed there were no people or any signs of life.Something bad happened and wasn't clear what had."Hello?!"Called Michael.He wandered inside of a few huts to see if anyone was in them but found no one."Hello?!Is there anyone here?!"
Out from the shadows of one of the huts came a figure.It looked human apart from its arm.Its arms were carved out of what looked like the same crystal Michael's sword was."Intruder."The figure hissed in a snake like voice.
"Oh,I didn't realize that anyone was here."
The figure then introduced itself."I am the guardian of this village and I say that you are intruding in this place."
"I am not intruding.Once I can figure out how to get out of this place I'm gone.So please,tell me how to get out of this village."
"Lies.You are here for the gem."
"Speaking of which.Have you seen a blue gem anywhere?"
"Then you did come here for it!"
"Not intentionally no.But I need it."
"Just like all those other people that came here looking for my gem.They all died screaming like little pigs."
Michael then noticed the necklace hanging round the guardians neck.It was the blue gem.It had been carved in to the shape of a tear drop."That is the gem."
"Yes and you shall not have it."The guardian leaped at Michael knocking him back against a shelf full of bottles.It stopped when it saw the sword on his back."How did you get that sword?"
"I don't remember.I was found with it."
"Typical.You have one of the most powerful weapons to ever exist but do not know its true purpose or power."
"Power?Purpose?"
"Yes.They were designed to be used in a war thousands of years ago,but it was averted.The swords were hidden from the world to be kept safe until the chosen one was found."
"Chosen one?"
"The chosen one is a being that is willing to lay down their life to protect and serve this world to ensure its safety."
"I am the protector of this world."
"Some protector you are.This world is scarred and burnt.It has no use for you."
"Not yet."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on January 29, 2014
Last Updated on January 31, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay