chapter 4:New city,old foes

chapter 4:New city,old foes

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

With the threat gone and the city returning to its original ways,however,the city had to have several renovations done to it seeming as some of the citizens went completely crazy.

"
The city had damage done to it but the city was rebuilt within a year.Many changes were made to the buildings and other places.Hell,even a park was added to a small area of the city to give people a sense of normal. All of the buildings were designed so that they were all the same height and all colored different colors. All of them were exactly the same except for the science building. It was still taller and colored grey. The top of the building was now a little like a cone with the top cut off.On the eleventh floor it became like a cone,all other floors weren't.
Michael was now in charge of the science building since there were no more heirs to the Ingleton family name.He had made many inventions to help improve the city itself so that there would be no repeats of a year ago.But one day as he was flying over the city with his new and improved jet pack, he came across a very alarming sight inside of the top room in the science building.He flew over top of it and landed on the roof to peek in through the window.He crouched to remain hidden.
Inside of the room were many different scientific tools and other various items,all of which were being used.In the room was  man dressed in a lab coat.He also appeared to be talking to himself.In his hands was a black colored crystal."Soon the master will be able to rip through the fabric of reality and enter our world once again."The man walked over to an archway and inserted the crystal into a small clot in the side of it.
Michael was curios."What on earth is going on?"
"Marvelous."The man walked over to another crystal this time green.He took it to the archway and inserted it into a second slot.Once this was done a strange light began to form within the archway itself.Within the archway the creature from a year ago, began to form itself.Only it couldn't break through what seemed to be a thin glass layer preventing it from escaping.
"Who dares wake me from my slumber?"
"It is me my lord.Your most loyal servant."
"I have no servants."
"I have been working tirelessly over the last year to find a way to bring you back from the underworld."
"What reason do you have to bring me back?"
"To finally get rid of Michael Ablestine."The man walked over to a drawer and pulled out a piece of paper."This city was suppose to belong to me if any harm came to the Ingleton family.But the citizens decided they wanted HIM to rule over the city and not me."
"So you want revenge?"
"Yes."
The glass Michael was leaning on began to quietly crack without him knowing.As he watched intently on the scenario taking place,Michael was oblivious to what was going to happen.The glass beneath him suddenly gave way to his weight,shattering under him.He fell down into the room below nearly knocking him unconscious.
"Michael!" Yelled the man out of surprise.
The creature hushed him."Silence!He may be of use to us yet."
"You're right."
Michael got to his feet while holding his head in his hands."Damn that smarts."
"Now my master!Come through the portal and finish what was started!" The creature tried to force its way through the thin glass portal but made it crack slightly.With the crack growing larger the creature gave up."Master?What is going on?"
Michael began to laugh hysterically."There isn't enough power for this freak to enter through."
The professor grew angry over the accusation."You know nothing about this stuff!"
"Oh I know enough about the scientific community to tell you that you've failed long before it even began."Michael walked over to the portal and tapped on the glass sheet."This guy isn't going anywhere."
The professor pulled out his energy handgun and aimed it at Michael."Then you will find a power source strong enough to allow him into our world."
"Sorry but I do not negotiate with terrorists."
The trigger was pulled back allowing a single shot to be fired next to Michael's head."You will do this or die."
"I am not afraid of you."
"Then how about I detonate the special device I have installed below this building.With one push of a button I will detonate a very unique and powerful explosive that will make this building collapse in on itself and killing everyone inside."
"I will not be bullied in to doing this."
"Then suffer."The professor pulled out a small remote and pushed the button on it.A black crystal behind Michael began to spine in its case and fired out bolts of black electricity.They shocked each part of his body from top to toe forcing him to his knees."Give up."
Michael writhed in pain as the bolts of electricity shocked his body over and over again,each one growing ever stronger than the last."Turn this off!"
"Will you get the power source I require?"
"Yes."
"Hold out your hand." Michael complied.The professor pulled out a hand held device that stored notes and other various documents.It was made out of the black crystal substance.A purple light shined brightly from the device and left a bar code stamped on his wrist."You are no unable to disobey me."
Michael slouched forward out of relief."I will find your damn power source for you but I will not allow you to hurt the people in this city."
"You have no say in the matter."Laughed the creature.
Michael glared at it."You will get yours."
"Oh I'm sure I will.But not from you."
"Go now Michael,to the island not far from here.There you shall find a crystal made entirely colored amber.Bring it back here to me so I can open the portal fully."
"The island?!Are you insane?Nobody comes back from that place."
"Which is why I am sending you there myself."
Michael left the building and walked to the city gates.Two huge doors built in to the city walls."Time to get this over and done with."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on January 25, 2014
Last Updated on January 26, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay