chapter 3:The innocent

chapter 3:The innocent

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

With the evil spirit now possessing power over the city,what will become of it?It is time for the hero of this story to shine.

"
THREE WEEKS LATER...
A huge crowd was gathering outside of the science building waiting for John to make an appearance.He had planned on announcing something big for the city and told media that it was going to go out with a bang.Once he appeared on stage and took the microphone set out for him,he began to put on a fake act.
A female reporter spoke first."Mr Ingleton!What are your plans for this city!?"
"Since the death of my father I have been working tirelessly on a way to improve the defense system setup by him.And I still am working on it.But I am also here today to unveil a statue in his honor."The curtain behind John dropped revealing the statue of Albert Ingleton.It was an exact replica of his father.The reporters instantly began to snap photos on their camera phones.Cameras no longer existed except for attachments to cell phones...or in the future it is called an ear to eye piece.One part is connected to the ear while the other is connected to the eye.A small glass lens is placed above the eye like a bubble and is fully see through.
"What does this mean for the city?"Asked a reporter.
"It is good for this city.With my fathers dream of perfecting the security system never having been finished,it is my duty to make sure that this city taken care of."John made a false smile."This city will glow after this."
Along a side walk across the road from the interview,Michael Ablestine was watching it all unfold.He knew that whatever was going on was not good.The reason he knew this was because he was friends with John,and seeming that he hadn't heard from him in weeks made it all the more suspicious.Michael was in his thirties, had white skin,black hair,and a random fashion of clothes.One reason he always wore the same clothes was because his pants were especially designed just for him.His back pocket had unlimited item space allowing him to reach in and pull out what he needed.This made for an easy fight or situation to be resolved. And the clothing he wore had been duplicated dozens of times.
Michael also had a special type of weaponry.He had a shotgun with a small energy bubble that sat on top of it.In future,no gun runs on gun power or lead bullet.No,they run off pure energy.A type of energy that does not leave cuts or wounds on impact.They would enter inside of a body and hit targeted organs.Michael's gun was the only one with the energy bubble on a gun.Every other gun was given a small electrical clip for ammo. And while Michael had a good gun he also had a good melee weapon.He had a sword carved out of an unknown crystal.It turned up on his doorstep one day while he was sleeping.On the sides of the sword were strange hieroglyphs that had no origin on earth. The color of the sword was a light blue color and was see through.
Michael was staring at the media crowd with disgust."Animals.That's all they are."He went to cross the road when he was almost run down by a air powered car.Yes,the same technology that powered the jet packs.He dodged out of the way as cars began to speed down the street."God damn cars. I've been alive for hundreds of years and still get no respect."
A man came walking out of an alley with his clothes all torn."Help me."He collapsed on the ground.
Michael ran over to him."Oh my god.Are you okay?"
"I got attacked by some strange creature an hour ago."
"What kind of creature?"
The man pointed at John."It took his form." He suddenly stiffened up like he was immense pain then died.
Michael looked back to John with anger."I will put and end to whatever it is that you are doing."He watched as John walked back inside of the building before running across the road to confront him.But moments later the creature appeared on top of the building in its true form.The one from the nuclear plant.
"Gaze upon me you simple minded fools!Today is the end of this pathetic existence you call life!"It had legs this time because of possessing John."Over the past few weeks I have managed to rig all of the defense devices so that they over charge and detonate minutes later.The city will fall to the explosions!"
Michael gritted his teeth together."I will see that this doesn't happen!"
"And who is going to stop me Michael Ablestine?You?!"
"I have stopped many crazed enemies in this city,you will prove to be no better than they."
"Fool!I have been alive longer than you can imagine."
"So have I.I'm four hundred years old!"
"Then let us see who is stronger!" The creature pulled out a remote with one button on it.It pushed the button activating all of the devices set across the city.Each one of them beginning to charge."Good luck!" The statue of Albert Ingleton came to life and marched across to Michael.
"And what the hell is this?"
The statue glared at him before speaking in an air grasping voice."I am your end!" It swung for Michael but missed giving him enough time to pull out his sword.
"You see this you pile of rubble?"A blue stream of light ran down his arms and into the sword making it glow."This sword is made of a none earthly material.It can break through..."He was cut short when the statue smacked him in the stomach forcing him to go flying through the air and crushing a car."Anything..."He coughed.
The creature looked out over the city with a grin."You all deserve to die."
Michael got up and grabbed his sword again.I will have an image of the sword posted with this story.He let even more o the light charge his sword until electrical sparks fired off it."Time to die."He did one swing from left to right releasing a huge wave of energy that ripped through the statue and destroying it.Nothing but crumbly bits of stone were left behind."Now it's your turn!"
The creature made its way across to one of the devices on top of the building."Soon I will have my revenge."
Michael ran inside of the building and found dead bodies laying everywhere."What as he done?"He sprinted through a door and up the stair case since the elevator was out of commission.He made his way to the roof to confront John.He burst through the door with his shotgun at the ready."Time to end this!"
"I agree my friend,but first shall we play a game of truth or dare?"
"I don't play games with the enemy."
"You really should you know.It makes things a whole lot more fun."The creature crouched down at the device.It was like a pumpkin but made entirely out of glass and metal.The glass was like an orb and was securely held together with plates of metal.Inside of it was charging black energy."You see,I hold the button to turn all of these off."
"These?"
"I had dozens of these devices planted across the city for maximum damage.That way I know nothing will survive."
"Fine.Let's play."
"Truth."
"About what?"
"How is it you have power?"
"I was born this way."
"Bullshit!Do not lie to me!No human is born with powers like yours!"
"I can't answer a question I know nothing about."
"Fine."
"My turn.Truth.Where do you come from?"
"I was born here on this planet before all of the pollution began killing everything.I came here to slumber so that when time came I could rise up and create a new species to repopulate this world."
"Why?"
"Because my species is dead."
"Then why take it out on humanity?"
"Because they destroyed my home and device that could have brought back my people."
"I am sorry for what happened but I will not let you do this."
"Dare.I dare you to try and get this remote off me."
"Done."Michael charged a blast of his blue energy in between his hands cupped together.Within his cupped hands a ball of blue energy formed to be utilized as a weapon.He drew back before releasing the energy and hitting the creature.It flew backwards flying over the edge of the building,John no longer apart of it.He was standing where the creature had once been.
"Michael?"
"John!"John threw him the remote before stopping."Thanks John!"Michael pushed the button and could clearly see  all of the energy bombs lights turn off."It's over."All of them turned off except for the one on the roof.John turned to it and picked it up.Upon deactivation,the plates holding the orb down detached themselves from the roof.Michael knew what he was doing and tried to stop John as he ran across the building and jumped through the air,finally fusing once more with the creature.
"Looks like your friend doesn't want your help!"Roared the creature.
"He did." Michael pointed to the glowing light flashing inside of the creatures abdomen."Time's up."Michael jumped out of the way as the creature suddenly exploded in a ball of blue light and blue flames.Once the flames were gone there was nothing left.The creatures body had acted as a sort of sponge by absorbing most of the blast.
The city was now safe and rejoiced.All of the problems were now over.Michael had saved the city and now it was again in a total state of peace.But this was just the beginning of an even greater threat.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 24, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay