chapter 2:From humble beginnings

chapter 2:From humble beginnings

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

With a threat now unleashed upon the city of Sanctuary,who will make a stand against this impending doom?

"
John walked up to the building in the center of the city,the place his father was in charge of.He walked through reception and straight to an elevator so he could ascend and kill his father.Well,so the creature could kill the father.As the elevator rose higher and higher,the memories of John washed through the creatures mind,overwhelming it.It stumbled back against the elevator doors and felt an immediate sense of dread but grew out of it.Why should it feel anything for a human since it no longer was one.
Albert Ingleton was the father of John Ingleton. A strange name yes but it was a name that stood out.Their family were the ones that founded the construction of Sanctuary,thus forever sealing their name in human history.But even good names can get blood on them.And sadly for  a long generation of happiness and liveliness,that family name was about to end.All of the years it had done to secure humanities fate was now gone.It would never again be heard of.
John arrived on the tenth floor and made his way to his fathers office.The door opened slowly and quietly when the handle turned."Hey dad."
Albert stood up behind his desk."Son.What can I do for you my boy?"
John was sealed inside of his own body watching the events unfold.He was prisoner within himself."I came by to see how you were doing."
"I'm doing fine.Just making sure the new city defense system is fully up and running."
"Sam is dead."
"What?!When?!"
"Not that long ago."
"What happened?"
"Decapitated."

"By whom?"
"That is where it gets complicated."
"Complicated how?"
"You see,I am the one responsible for his death."
"You must be joking.I've never seen you hurt a fly."
"No jokes father.I killed him."
"Then I have no choice but to notify the city officials and have you arrested immediately."
"Is it really that easy for you father?To have your own son thrown into a prison or get executed?"
"I would never wish this upon anybody,but the law is final.No man or woman shall take the life of another human being."
"But that's just it.I'm not human."The right side of John's face revealed the image of his skull,almost as if his skin were see through."I haven't been human for a very long time."
"What are you?"
"When you die,who gets the city?"
"You do."
"Good."
"Why do you want the city for?"
"Revenge."
"For what?"
"You came here and destroyed my home.You did it without estimating the consequences.That is all humans do,destroy things without a second thought." John walked over to his father and placed one hand on his chest."You destroyed everything that belonged to me then had the nerve to build a waste plant on top of me.I do not take these things very lightly."
"Whatever happens to me will not destroy this city."
'That is where you are wrong.You recently setup a new defense system did you not?"
Albert's heart dropped."Dear god no."
"With me in control I can use this defense system against the city and destroy it."John's hand lit up yellow letting an impulse of energy surge through Albert's heart.He let the old man fall on the floor whilst letting him grab hold of life for all it was worth."Foolish old man."
"You may not know this but this city is protected."
"I' sure it is.But here is the thing."John knelt down to Albert's ear."I am older and stronger than you would think."He held his hand out in the air allowing a long staff protrude out of it.It was made from a black type of crystal and had the shape of a egg on top of it,also made out of crystal.
"You will not get away with this."
"Hush now Albert.Hold your tongue."John placed the septa in the air.A bright purple light went from the bottom of the septa to the egg shape at the top,a  purple cloud of smoke escaping the septa.The smoke was inhaled by Albert before finally killing him."Save your breath."John sat down at the desk with his feet on top of it.A big smirk was glowing brighter than ever."Time for everything to end."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 24, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay