chapter 1:A friend in need isn't a friend indeed

chapter 1:A friend in need isn't a friend indeed

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

So.Here we are.The first chapter to tell the tale of the future earth.But even though mankind lives inside of a safe haven,surely there will be some down sides to this peaceful place

"
Two mean at the age of 25,were on their merry way to investigate the abandoned nuclear power plant.They were both of white ethnicity and were wearing normal clothes.Yes,the clothes then are exactly the same as what we have in the present day.The two men made their way down to the sewers to gain access to a secret tunnel leading directly to the nuclear power plant.As they made their way through the tunnel they found it to be a lot bigger than first expected.But this didn't detour the more eager one known as Sam.
"Are you sure we should be here Sam?" John asked.His voice was so high that it sounded more like a squeak.
Sam rolled his eyes."What are you,scared?"
"No.It's just,this place is the abandoned power plant.Who knows what is down here?"
"So you have heard of the rumors in this place?"
"You mean the ghost stories?Yes."
"Ugh.If you aren't going  to come with me then turn back now."
John sighed and carried on walking after Sam.They eventually came to a huge metal door blocking their path ahead.On both sides of the tunnel were ladders leading up to a flat base with a switch.But both switches had to be pulled at the same time.
"John!You get the one on the left and I'll get the one on the right." Sam ran over to the ladder and climbed up to the top.
John ran over to his ladder and speedily climbed it.He stood at the switch with his hand gripping it softly."Are you sure you know what is on the other side of this door?!"
"Probably some old toxic waste but we should be safe up here!"
John noticed a two metal doors on the ground below."What are they for!?"
"Emergencies!"Sam gripped the switch."Get ready to pull at the same time!" One both men were holding the switches properly they began the struggle to pull them down.The switches had not been used in so long that it was near impossible to pull them.But finally as they neared their wits end,the switches released and clicked down.
"We did it!" John watched as the door began to rise up into a gap designed especially to go up and down vertically.Green water rushed out from the room behind the door and washed away down the tunnel."Is it safe now?!"
Sam slid down the ladder."Sure is!Come on!"
John jumped down and followed Sam.They came to yet another room except this time it was filled with huge clumps of dried up toxic waste.They all created a type of maze.So both men wandered aimlessly until to a halt.In the center of the room was a giant hole dropping deep down out of sight.
"How far down do you think it is?"
"I don't know.Look,Sam,why are we here?"
"You see this hole?Well when this place got shut down it got shut down for a reason.As some men were down here working,the floor gave out and dropped down what seemed to be an endless chasm.They were never seen from again."
"So this is why you brought me here?To tell a ghost story?"
"Yeah.Pretty cool right?"
"No.This was a waste of time."
"Oh come on you spoil sport..."Sam spun round as he slipped and fell down the hole.
John ran over to the hole in a state of pure terror."Sam!!!Are you okay?!!!"He stepped back as a huge figure floated up out of the hole.It looked human apart from two huge crab claws for hands,red skin,tentacles coming out of its back,horns protruding out of its head,and the appearance of no legs,just what looked like a shadowy blanket.
"Hello little boy."The creature said in a metallic voice."Would you like to play?"
John stumbled backwards as fear ripped through him driving him to flee for his life.He sprinted down and out of the same tunnel he had come through."Oh s**t!"
The creature hovered over the ground before turning back in to Sam.It was him all along."Me and my beauty are just too good."But as he was relishing in his victory,a pink light illuminated the room from behind him.He spun round and saw what it was."No.But...you...you can't be real."
As John was running through the switch room,Sam came sprinting past him."Sam?!"
"Run John!" Sam ran down the tunnel leaving John behind.
"Him and his cheap tricks." John turned round and saw the creature again."Very funny whoever you are."He walked over to it to try and grab it."You're tricks won't work on me anymore." But as he placed his hand on it his hand went right through it."This is a little better than first anticipated."
The creature looked precisely as Sam's one did."Child,I think you are mistaken.I am not your friend."
"Oh s**t!"
As Sam made his way back to the sewer entrance he heard an ear piercing scream ripple out from the tunnel behind him."Oh god.John.What have I done?" But as he was ready to give up on getting out,John came walking out from the tunnel and into plain view."You're alive?"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"But that thing,it must have gotten you."
"What thing?"
"That creature back in the nuclear plant."
"Oh.You mean this one."John's head turned to a green like liquid and began to shape itself in to the creatures head.Once done it stood clearly visible to Sam."Do you fear me?"
"Yes."
"Then why come to my resting place?"
"I was just..."
"Trying to make yourself stand out by scaring your friend?"
"I'm sorry..."
"Who is scared now?It looks like you are since you have a wet patch on your pants."
Sam was pushed hard against the steel door.He felt himself grow more and more afraid as he slid down the door and ended up sitting on the floor."Please don't hurt me."
"Oh I won't hurt you."The creature walked over to Sam with a big grin on its face."But I will take your soul."The creatures mouth began to grown and stretch to an immeasurable length,opening wide enough to swallow a head.
"God have mercy on me."
"God is not here."The creature lunged forward snapping Sam's head off with one clean bite."Now to get my revenge against that retched city."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 24, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay