prologue

prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

This is the beginning to the story.This one is short but there are many for those who wish to enjoy

"
The year is 2500.The earth is completely submerged in an acidic ocean which has been that way for nearly 200 years.Yet there are still small patches of earth left above sea level,it is still not enough to support human life.So when the time of the great flood came to pass,a city was built within the confines of four walls.The city was big enough to with hold over 2000 people,all men,women,and children.In that age there was no need to grow crops,animals or even anything edible.A unique pill had been designed so that when consumed you would not have to feed again for at least a month.This was one of the worlds greatest inventions just before the great flood.
When the earth became too over populated and the water fell to toxic waste,the great flood rolled across the world wiping all traces of mankind from existence.The city of Sanctuary was built to hold those who were fortunate enough to make to the set location in time.No rich or governments were allowed access as a new world order was set in to place.Only those who had nothing were allowed within the walls of this city so that they may start a new world without corruption,lies,and aggression.And it worked too.Mankind flourished within the city walls forming a new kind of haven to all.Although mankind did build a small nuclear power plant just outside of the city,it did not interfere with anyone.
A small piece of land just off the city limits heading west, was turned into a diamond mine.It gave the people many things to do since they were trapped.But some strange and unusual things began to occur in the mines so they were shut down,thus ushering in a new law.No man shall dig anywhere deeper than the city sewers.So man kind survived,learnt to live peacefully,and began to think of ways to return the earth to its original state.One of beauty and peace.This truly was the perfect start to the beginning of an unknown world.
There were  no flying cars,hover boards,or anything like that.In the dead center of the city was a huge building erected to science.So that man could still advance in the way of providing for itself.It was the tallest building in the city so its glory would shine out over everything.The scientific community had designed a new way of travelling though.They had invented a type of jet pack that ran purely on polluted oxygen.It filtered the polluted air and spat out clean air.It was a scientific break through for the city,thus ushering in a new age.
Man lived peacefully too with their protector.A man that had been given the abilities to forever protect mankind.He could not age,or die.Whenever he got hurt he would heal almost instantly.He had been alive for more than a hundred years after the city was built.So on the one hundredth birthday,he was born.So when time came for him to welcome death at an old age he was shocked to know he could not die.And when he did die he was some how resurrected from beyond the grave.He would be revived by some unknown force and sent to protect the city once more.
This mans name was MICHAEL ABLESTINE. Protector of Sanctuary and the world.


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The Prologue was a great read. It definitely wants me to read more of your work XD

Posted 7 Years Ago


Rayner Ramsay

7 Years Ago

thanks.I'm not sure if I'll be carrying the series on after the last one I started,but I have person.. read more
Interesting prologue. I particularly enjoyed the history you had on the city (it's not like nothing happened all those years). It's a great set up to the rest of your story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rayner Ramsay

10 Years Ago

thank you very much, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2014
Last Updated on January 23, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay