Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Rasheem

 

Gabriel tossed and turned on the hard mattress. While Ezekiel slept like a king. Gabriel leaned over the bunk staring at Ezekiel as he slept. “How can he sleep after all that’s happened?” Gabriel asked himself. “There is more to this old man than he is letting on.

 He stopped me from joining that attack on the warden, and when Ozay vanished and everyone was confused the old man walked to a cell as if somehow anticipating a trap was in motion.  My best bet is to stick with him he knows a lot more than he has let on.”

Unable to sleep Gabriel hops off the bunk and walks toward the bars. He wondered if it would open since the cells were open when they first arrived. He grabbed the bars when a terrifying thought came to mind.

 

 “What if I die by trying to open the cell? It’s not a crazy thought after what I’ve seen. Those guys died just by standing outside of one for too long.”

 

Gabriel let go of the bars he began pacing back and forth. “So, this is what my life will consist of now. Living in constant fear not knowing when I will die.”

 

 Gabriel’s stomach growled as if to say if you don’t get some food in me soon you want have to worry about dyeing much longer. Gabriel looked at Ezekiel who was still sleeping like he hadn’t rested in weeks.

 

Gabriel stepped to the old man and shook him by the shoulder. Hey old man get up we need to talk”

 

 

Ezekiel opened one eye staring Gabriel in his soul. Then he yawned and slowly sat up on the bed.

 

“What is it kid?”

 

 “How is it that you’re so calm?”

 

 Ezekiel plucked earwax out his left ear. “You disturbed me to ask me that? Go to sleep kid.”

 

  “No! I’m not tired! I want to know why you’re so relaxed after all that’s happen.”

 

 Ezekiel bent his scrawny back and stretched his slim arms outward. He yawned once again. “How am I supposed to act?”

 

 Gabriel’s eye opened wide at the response. “I don’t know! Certainly, not like you just checked into a five-star hotel! We haven’t been in this prison a day and already over fifty people have died! I don’t know if you were up but the guys in the center all died instantly! I was looking right at them and I still don’t know what happened.”

 

“It was probably a spell set by a mage that killed them.”

 

 “That’s exactly what I’m talking about! How do you know that?”

 

 “I sensed the runes soon as we walked in; there were some dark effect to them.”

 

 Gabriel sat beside Ezekiel focused on what the old man was saying. “Are you telling me that magic is real?”

 

  Ezekiel nodded his head. “Were living on a floating island thousands of feet above the surface and your surprised that magic is real?”

 

 A grin formed on Gabriel’s face. “How do you know about magic? Are you a mage?”

 

Ezekiel tilted his neck back and laughed. “A mage is a mere child compared to what I am.”

 

Gabriel wondered If Ezekiel was delusional or actually some kind of super freak. “What are you?”

 

  Ezekiel’s laugh ceased. “I can tell you but then I would have to kill you.”

 

 Gabriel saw that Ezekiel was serious fear rose inside of Gabriel he wondered how such a scrawny and seemingly frail old man could bring so much fear within him. Ezekiel began to grope his white beard. “However I suppose I do owe you some answers since you got yourself involved in my plans.”

 

“Your plans… you got yourself locked up on purpose.”

 

Ezekiel nodded his head. “I intently got arrested in order to come here.”

 

 Gabriel slammed his hand on his forehead. “O that’s great! I got myself arrested for someone who wanted to throw their life away.”

 

 Ezekiel grinned “I wanted to know the history of this island also two of my subordinates is locked up here somewhere.”

 

“Subordinates… wait your one of those terrorist leaders that’s fighting that pointless fight.”

 

Ezekiel stops rubbing his beard. “Are you saying that you’re ok with the way things are Living a life worshipping a god that you don’t believe in?”

 

“What are you talking about? I do believe in Dagon he was the god that gave Luther our king the power to lead us into a brighter future.”

 

Ezekiel laughed abruptly. “They really have brainwashed the youth to believe that lie.”

 

Gabriel frowned. “It’s no lie it should be obvious in every city there is a statue of Luther and a golden bell that rings. In which the people bow down and worship Dagon thanking god for their lives.”

 

“It’s true that there is a statue of Luther in every country on this side of the world and it’s true that the people worship this Dagon. It’s even true that Dagon is a god, but he is not the only god.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“There are two other gods the god of energy and the god of chi these three gods rule over this planet.”

 

 

“Who are this god of energy and god of chi?”

 

“We all have chi and energy inside of us. They lay dormant deep inside of our spiritual shells. Most of the world is not even aware of the potential that’s inside of them.”

 

“Wait old man slowdown... You still haven’t told me about the gods and what’s this chi some kind of magic?”

 

“Chi is not magic… uh let’s see how I can put this. Magic is one of the three great powers of this world next to chi and energy. Unlike chi and energy magic does not dwell inside of everyone. It must either be inherited from a family of mages or taught throw years of reading from ancient spell books.”

 

The look on Gabriel’s face told it all. He didn’t know what Ezekiel was talking about but the curiosity inside of him was clawing at the unknown. He watched Ezekiel listening to every word like he was in pre-k learning the alphabets’ for the first time.

 

“The god of Chi goes by the name Chidori he is responsible for the chi that dwells inside of us. The god of Energy goes by the name Ariel and she is responsible for all the energy inside of us.”

 

Gabriel scratches the bald spot on his head he is not completely sure he believes everything the old man says but surely he must know something with the way he has been acting thus far.

 

“So if what you’re telling me is true… then who is Mercin Dagon really?”

 

Ezekiel begins to play with his beard again. “He is what his name suggest a curse. Unlike the other two gods Mercin does not give away power naturally. He strikes deals bargains so to speak. He mostly targets people who have deep hatred for something or someone. Mercin comes to them and offer inscribable power to fuel their hatred. Not without a cost however all of the deals he makes come with major consequence.”

 

Gabriel’s eyes were wide open. “What kind of consequences?”

 

“Your soul is gone forever nothing inside of you now but hatred fueled by a curse.”

 

For a while Gabriel does not say anything. He wonders if Ezekiel has made this entire stuff up.

 

“If what you’re saying is true then that means Luther our king made a deal with Dagon one that gave him power to take over the world.”

 

Ezekiel nods his head. “You catch on quick kid. Only it wasn’t the current king but his grandfather who Dagon made the deal with.”

 

Gabriel holds his head down for a moment then picks it back up. “How do you know all of this? How do I know you’re not just making all this up?”

 

Ezekiel smiles at Gabriel. “I’ve been around for a very long time. Something tells me that deep in your heart you knew the way things are is not natural.”

 

Gabriel stands up and begins pacing around the cell in front of Ezekiel.

 

“Ok let’s say I believe everything you just said. What role do you play in all of this?”

 

 Ezekiel was about to open his mouth when the floor below them began to shake rapidity. The rattling caused Gabriel to fall on the floor. The walls and cells around them began to warp. In a blink of an eye Ezekiel and Gabriel were suspended in a white space then a barrage of colors flashed all around them changing the scenery multiple times like a movie on fast-forward. In another blink everything had stopped. Ezekiel and Gabriel now found themselves standing on soft grass surrounded by trees.

 

“What the… What the hell just happened?” Gabriel yelled.

 

Ezekiel began to rub his snow white beard slowly. “Things shall be getting a bit more interesting.”

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2018 Rasheem


Author's Note

Rasheem
Edited a bit so the dialogue is a bit more understood

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The way you've structured your dialogue is a million times better now! This reads like a professional novel now! I like the way you can now add a little description with some lines of dialogue, and this way, we get to know the characters better, little by little, as the conversation goes on -- plus we can see the mannerisms (smiles & such) between the two as they interact with each other. Good job! Love seeing this great improvement! (((HUGS))) Fondly Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rasheem

6 Years Ago

It's all thanks to you margie! I really appreciate your honest and constructive feedback. It motivat.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 29, 2018
Last Updated on January 29, 2018


Author

Rasheem
Rasheem

GA



About
Finding my way more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rasheem


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rasheem