Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Rasheem
"

Meet Luther king of the south side.

"

Somewhere in the universe there is a planet that has a large mass of land filled with tall trees and grass wrapping around the center of the planet like an equator, this land separates two oceans one on top the north side of the belt and the other on the bottom south side of the belt. Fierce storms fester around this magnificent land mark, lightning strikes the waters every second with winds blowing at one hundred miles per hour. No matter the season it’s always storming there. No one has ever been known to successfully make a voyage. Death tolls rose to the millions. Eventually society had given up and labeled the place a forbidden area. Many names were bestowed upon this place. Cursed waters, land of gods, the most Well-known used is The Belt. On the South side of The Belt war was constant kings battled each other for land and resources’. Luther Lee James Young was one of the kings at war.

 

His army had already conquered over a third of the south side of the belt. Luther was feeling confident after defeating King Luke in the battle of Ishar and decided to launch an all-out assault on the Capital. After a gruesome battle that lasted over three years Luther and his army were defeated. The remaining kings formed an alliance to take out Luther. Luther retreated to Ohara his home country then rallied up the last of his troops for a fight to the death. Defeat seemed all but certain for Luther, and he knew this. On a late night, Luther leaned on a ledge at the top of his castle looking down at his people. “Looks like conquering the world is but a fool’s dream after all.” Luther said to himself. Looking over the ledge he could see all the city of Ohara. Lights from the buildings decorated the city. Luther leaned over the edge in silence that is until a voice coming from behind him interrupted.

 

“Conquering the world is not a fool’s dream.” Startled Luther turned around to see nothing. “Who’s there?” Luther said. “I Am.” said a voice coming from Luther's back side. Luther turned around to see only the clear dark sky. “Show yourself!” Luther demanded. “Are you an assassin here to take my life?” Luther turned in frenzy. “No I am here to propose a solution to your problems” said the voice. “Then show yourself!” Luther yelled. “Very well I shall show myself in an image that you can comprehend.” A bright light appeared in front of Luther forming in the shape of a man. The light was so bright that Luther had to cover his eyes. “What are you?” Luther asks. “I am Mercin Dagon god of the curse.” Luther tried looking at Mercin directly but the light was so bright that it blinded him temporarily for trying.

 

“Is this what you look like?” Luther asks. “No this is but an image I am casting so you can see a psychical form.” Mercin said. “You’re so bright I can’t see your face.” Luther said. “That doesn’t matter.” Mercin said. Luther shook his head. “What do you want with me?” He asked. “I want you Luther lee James Young.” Mercin’s voice was hollow, it sounded like he was speaking through a wall in another room. “If you kneel before me and recognize me as your god. I in return will give you all of the land that you seek.” Mercin said. “What I seek is the world.” Luther said. “Can you give me the world?” The light shined brighter forcing Luther to cover his eyes. “Kneel before me and I will give you the power to conquer.” Mercin said. Luther looked down at the floor. The thought of kneeling did not excite Luther. “What choice do I have? Lord Isaac could send his troops at any moment.” Luther thought to himself

“The powers to conquer you say?” Luther asks. “Yes, in return you must spread my name over the lands. Every one that breathes will know that Mercin Dagon is god.” Luther tried again to look at Dagon but the light shined brighter than the sun. “So the gods do exist I thought they were just myths.” Luther said. “I shall kneel.” Luther kneeled before the bright light. “Now do you recognize I Mercin Dagon as your god?” “I do” Luther said. “Very well now shake my hand and the deal will be done.” Mercin held out his hand. Luther raised his head just barely enough to see the gods hand. Luther grabbed the hand of a god the light vanished, before him now was a dark aura whose face could not be recognized.

 

The hand was clutched tightly around Luther’s. “Now you belong to me, your children their children and so on now worship me!” Mercin said. Mysterious red symbols appeared on Luther's hand, they burned inside Luther's hand. Luther screamed into the dark dreary night. The dark aura of a man vanished. Leaving Luther passed out on the balcony floor. When Luther awoke, he was in his bed with his wife by his side. “Luther! Are you ok? The guards heard screaming last night on the balcony when they came you were seen passed out on the floor. What happened?” She asked. Luther felt strange, he could feel something burning inside him, but told his wife he was just stressed about the war.

 

The next day Luther went to meet with his army general. “Gather up our men and have them stand outside the castle I will be on the balcony, to greet them shortly.” Luther said. The general bowed his head then walked away. Luther arrived on the balcony an hour later. Ten thousand soldiers stood at attention in Luther’s courtyard. “Today we take back Ishar! Tomorrow we take the capital! Then the world!” Luther yelled. The soldiers all stood with rifles resting on there right shoulder, Listening to their king. “I have been chosen by god to conquer the lands!” Luther raised his arms. “Rejoice men! The world will soon be ours!” Huge flames burst from Luther’s hands in an instant; they flew high in the sky. “Behold men! This is a gift from god! Anyone standing in our way will be eradicated!” Luther beckoned. The soldiers cheered! “Now no one can defeat us.” A soldier yelled. “We are invincible!”  The cheers began to grow louder.

 

“I shall join you all in battle!” Luther beckoned. If a man were close enough to see Luther’s face at this moment, he would see not a man in those red eyes of Luther but a dark hole filled with burning fire. With this new-found power, Luther marched forward with his army; they took back Ishar in one day. Which came to be known as the Ishar reconnaissance, Luther had set the entire country on fire. Screams from men, women and children lasted till morning. The next day Luther was on board one of the hundred battle ships that were sailing for the capital. The capital governed thirteen islands out in the Middle West. Taking down the five lords that ran the capital would ensure Luther’s conquest over the south side of the belt. Two years had passed when Luther conquered the last island Brashtar of the capital. The News spread quickly around the south belt.  The remaining free countries heard of the capitals defeat. They set aside their personal conflicts and formed an alliance in an attempt to stop Luther. Luther feeling confident no longer fought with his army.

 

His general was placed in charge while Luther focused on rebuilding the capital. Within five years the general had conquered the rest of the south belt. There were nowhere the people of the south side belt could go without seeing Luther's flag. Now that Luther finally conquered everything he began making laws for his people to follow. The major one was worship Mercin Dagon three times a day. When the golden bell rings,

People must stop no matter where they are no matter what they were doing get on their knees and worship Dagon. Until the bell stopped ringing, failing to stop and worship would result in immediate arrest. Perpetrators were sent to sky lee an island in the sky home to Luther’s largest and most feared prison. Those sent there was never heard from again.

 

Thus, a new era was born. Luther lee James young had formed an empire within thirty years of war. Peace was finally found after decades of war. With there being no one to oppose Luther the people had no choice but to obey the laws or suffer brutal consequences. One hundred and fifty years has passed and Luther’s predecessor’s   still hold control over the entire south side of the belt. Luther lee James young III Rules supreme, the Mysteries of the unknown burns like fuel deep within his heart. With everything in his control, he turns his attention on the belt. While the people of the south belt pray to their own gods in silence.

 



© 2018 Rasheem


Author's Note

Rasheem
Any review good or bad will be helpful to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on January 27, 2018
Last Updated on January 27, 2018


Author

Rasheem
Rasheem

GA



About
Finding my way more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rasheem


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Rasheem