Walls

Walls

A Story by Rapture
"

A small, stream of consciousness story.

"

Clank. The door shuts. An alarm goes off in the distance.


“Hey.” A man stops.


“Let me tell you something. I have a little confession. That's right.”

“Lights out!” From a distance. Lights flash out. Doors shut.


“I want to be you.” He sighs.


A man grins. “You wanna be me, huh?...You know what? I welcome ya to it.”


“I'm so tired. I'm tired of trying. I'm tired of the walls. The lies. Fear.” He breathes. “The death.”

“I'm so tired.” He breathes.


A man walks into a room. He breathes. Oxygen flows. A door shuts. Locks.


“So, what have we learned? What's the lesson for today? That morality is transient? That to be honest, is to be flawed? That the giving and taking of love both debases and elevates us? Answers to questions...we dare not even ask.


“The story is simple. A man lives in prison. And dies. How he dies, that's easy. The who and the why is the complex part. The human part. The only part worth knowing.”

© 2011 Rapture


Author's Note

Rapture
Somewhat relates to my short story, "Within the Cage." That's a connection you'd have to make for yourself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011

Author

Rapture
Rapture

About
Currently going to major in journalism, but I've always had a strong love for story writing and whatnot. I love to write fiction, as well as fanfiction for the games I love. I'm a big writer and gamer.. more..

Writing