The Killers

The Killers

A Poem by [untitled]
"

Be Careful Who You Love

"

The animal kills for survival and a person kills for a craving. There are crocodile killers. 

 

A killer storm, cancer a major killer, but killers no doubt

 

Most of these we can understand, but a person that kills for a craving.   

 

 

A desire, wish, yearning, longing, hunger, passion, an appetite, be careful who you love.

©2008  

 

 

© 2009 [untitled]


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wonder if I have it in me to kill, and if so who, what and how and more importantly why? Am presently reading a book about the battle of Stalingrad in WW2. A huge amount of killing. I cannot comprehend it, why men do it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



This jagged rumination has the edge of truth.

The reason humans can kill pathologically, as distinct from the hunger cycle of animals, and the randomness of weather, is I believe, because we are chronically half-baked psychologically as a species. The instrumentality of the human nervous system is more profound than the historical acculturation of societal egoities. A cat doesn't have these issues. Humans have to work harder internally to achieve the equivalent integrity of a cat, that simpler biological form.

"Be careful who you love." Indeed. And WHAT you love as well.

Thanks for your poem, and keep workin' from your innate soul integrity, brother.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2009
Last Updated on February 11, 2009

Author

[untitled]
[untitled]

NV



Writing
Cries Cries

A Poem by


O Great Spirit O Great Spirit

A Story by


Freedom Freedom

A Story by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Walls That Bind Walls That Bind

A Poem by Bubo