Foolishness

Foolishness

A Story by [untitled]
"

The Hearts of Evil Men

"

Foolishness is bound in the hearts of evil men, they are wondering spirits, which killed and massacred innocent human beings.


Women who are sacred and in trusted with a new miracle of life, are violated, shamed and then killed, many with their unborn child. They have no regard for life, nor for the land do they steal. 


 My heart is sick and heavy, and I cast my flesh to the earth to take me; because I have no strength to continue. As a man I was born free to express myself and to live in freedom, to go anywhere and stop when my heart desires, and to believe in my father’s beliefs and speak my own language with which I was born, in the tradition of my people

 

 I have lifted my hands from the highest mountain, with heavy cries to the Great Spirit; but my cries seem as iron and my spirit finds no escape. Where is he, which knows all things? I have reasoned with myself to understand why all these evils have confronted my people and my nation.

 

Great and mighty warriors were my father’s; they only wanted to live their lives with their families in their own land, given to them by the Great Spirit, and to see their children grow into productive human beings.

 

 But a strange people came from across deep waters with dreadful wishy-washy faces, destroying our trees, killing our buffalo, enslaving my people to do their labor, killing the old because they were useless and no longer able to perform.

 

My spirit has soared above the mountain tops to see the destruction, and the rivers that carries the blood and cries of my people; oh my life flickers as a candle when the wind blows, and my eyes refused to open, I cannot, no more fight, I have come to the end of my path, I will sleep with my father’s forever more.

©2008

© 2009 [untitled]


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on February 9, 2009

Author

[untitled]
[untitled]

NV



Writing
Cries Cries

A Poem by


O Great Spirit O Great Spirit

A Story by


Freedom Freedom

A Story by