If Only You Could See

If Only You Could See

A Story by Rachel Grace

The first thing I notice is his hair and the second are his eyes. Just like always. This is the millionth time I have noticed his hair and the millionth time I’ve looked into those green eyes. And yet…it never gets old. Some things are so perfect that you can look at them forever and never, ever get tired of looking.

            His hair. Somewhere between cute and hot. The golden color catches the light, drawing my eyes and making it impossible to look anywhere else. The curls are the cute part. The way they frame his face and flip out slightly is the most adorable thing ever.

            Then I look down a little and….those eyes. They are deep and green and mysterious and endless and wild. I could just look into them forever and find new things every day that I had never seen before. I could write pages about his eyes. They are forests and tunnels and the sea and the sky and the land all at once. They are fire and ice and earth and wind and tree and shadow. The world is contained in his eyes.

            I want to say that my mind moved onto the rest of his face after that. I want to tell you about his jaw and his cheekbones and his chin and his lips and his nose…but my eyes find that bare chest and looking away is no longer an option.

            I’d love to say I’m not like most girls and I didn’t check out his abs first or fall for that scar or just look at the perfect lines in his collarbone…but I did. I do. I am. I have never seen anyone with muscle tone that perfect. Any more and it would be too bulky. Any less and it would be too scrawny. He is literally flawless. Just look at him…

            Muscle tone. Ugh. Now I have to look at his biceps and triceps and back muscles and shoulders and just...he’s perfect. The subtle strength is the most incredible thing I’ve ever seen. Well…subtle until he tenses, that is. 

            Back to the scar. My eyes have a hard time not looking at it. I think that’s how it is with most people who see it, but I don’t think he understands that it’s because humans like to look at things that are that hot. The scar makes his bad boy side come out more. The smooth, lighter skin makes my fingers itch to touch it.

            Sometimes I wish he is the kind of person who can be explained easily. I wish I could stay watching his eyes until there was nothing else to see and then move on to his nose and then his forehead and then his hair and so on, until I could explain everything to you. But…he’s not like that. His whole body is so perfect that he forces your eyes to keep moving. I can only look at his eyes so long until his arms steal my attention. And then I don’t ever come to a complete understanding about what makes his arms perfect because his hands are just as perfect and they manage to steal my attention.

            Hands…I haven’t talked about those yet. They ARE perfect. Strong and rough and wide and warm. I love them. They are strong hands and the scars make them more so, but his fingers are still so quick and gentle. I love the gentleness. And I love the scars. They are a perfect balance.

            Then there is just his body as a whole…so….flawless…I don’t know how to explain to you that every single part of him is just exactly the best in the whole world without repeating myself over and over but…he really is perfect.

            And, sometimes, I just wish that he could see it. 

© 2015 Rachel Grace


Author's Note

Rachel Grace
This is incredibly rough but...I think it's rather cute.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on February 9, 2015
Last Updated on February 9, 2015
Tags: Only, love

Author

Rachel Grace
Rachel Grace

About
Follow my writing on Instagram: @freedomstarvedconfessions Hello all fellow writers :) I am a seventeen year old aspiring writer of novels, short stories, and poetry. I consider myself to be mostly.. more..

Writing