Africa

Africa

A Poem by RaZiTheGreat

I’m going, Going to Africa for a month. I’m going to miss you so much. I’ll think about you every day, and write as often as I can. We embrace, Soft kisses, a slender hand caresses my cheek. I’m going to miss you too she says. Warm lips pressing against mine. Treasuring the moment, Memorizing every last detail of the scene. I love her. It will be hard, most high school relationships don’t last this long. It will be a true test, A test of our faith, or at least, her faith to me. We’re going to the Senegal, to Timbuktu. I’m so excited, to go with the family, and yet, I wish that she could come too, that we could share those moments. What an experience that would be. She’s my first relationship. My first kiss, My first love, I don’t know what I’d be without her. However, I face this reality. I will be alone for a month, not that it really bothers me, but I know that the whole time, I’ll be thinking of her, and of whether or not she is staying true to me. I trust her. I love her so much, I couldn’t stand the thought of her not being there for me. I’m going, Going to Africa for a month. I’m going to miss you so much. I’ll think about you every day, and write as often as I can. We embrace, Soft kisses, a slender hand caresses my cheek. I’m going to miss you too she says.

© 2008 RaZiTheGreat


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this sounds more of the beginnings to a short story rather than a poem i would suggest splitting up the paragraph into stanzas. also i would add some metaphors. tone it down on the personal feelings just a tad. otherwise this is good

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on April 14, 2008
Last Updated on May 26, 2008

Author

RaZiTheGreat
RaZiTheGreat

Listowel, Canada



About
I love playing music (guitar) and I love to write songs. I'm not the greatest with the lyrics, but I'm good at writing the music and that's part of the cause so it's all good. I'm good with my hands a.. more..

Writing