Different

Different

A Chapter by Shawn Killian
"

The way I used to be at school

"

I am different

I am the outcast

I am seperate from the rest

You have seen me 

But know me you do not

Talk to me you don't

But point and stare you do

I am different

I am the outcast

I am seperate from the rest

You have heard of me

But befriend me you don't

But giggle and laugh you do

I am different

I am the outcast

And get along we shall

 



© 2010 Shawn Killian


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

*Claps* Bravo, well done.

I really love this poem, seeing as I'm an outcast too, with outcast friends. We all feel like this but we get along find by-ourselves and together. But it seems like you are a lonely outcast.

I have to agree with Drakana, it doesn't seem to flow, it seems a bit choppy. A also have to suggest that is should be broken up.

But, over all I just love it, I can feel the emotion and whatnot.

-~Emily~-

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is really good this will help lots of people as it relates to so many people feeling like they aren't normal and being made fun of or shunned out

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great. It makes you embrace yourself. I know that, I'm different, I look different. I understand and I don't give a crap what you think, but we're friends. That's great. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


no way you're immortal Richard why did you not tell me this lol.




Posted 13 Years Ago


it kind of reminds me of the many books I read about the outcasts , in american highschools, its a really strong poem...really real :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have issues if you think being different is wrong. Being different would be better for the world!! YAY DIFFERENT PEOPLE! If more people were different and actually "were" themselves then the world would have so much less conflict. People should try getting a self check, before they check someone for being different. Nice job on this very well expressed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


*Claps* Bravo, well done.

I really love this poem, seeing as I'm an outcast too, with outcast friends. We all feel like this but we get along find by-ourselves and together. But it seems like you are a lonely outcast.

I have to agree with Drakana, it doesn't seem to flow, it seems a bit choppy. A also have to suggest that is should be broken up.

But, over all I just love it, I can feel the emotion and whatnot.

-~Emily~-

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like your manipulation of the syntax of this piece. I like how you use the same structure when talking about how the others treat you (eg. "Talk to me you don't") as you do in the last line when talking about how you treat the others; it really ties the piece together.

My only criticism lie in the structure of the poem itself. Ignoring the fact that this has no punctuation, the poem doesn't really seem to flow very smoothly. I really think that this poem should be broken up into stanzas. I would maybe break it up every three (or four, for the second one) lines. I think that might make it feel like it's not all in one breath.

This poem is written exceptionally well, in my opinion. You took a very common topic and expressed it with very simple, yet eloquent diction. It's difficult to pull something like that off without sounding cliche. For that, I commend you. Good work!

(P.S. For future reference, 'separate' is spelled with an 'a'.)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A job well done. I do think this poem is one of the most meaningful pieces I have ever read. I really do enjoy your work as well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


There is some real depth in this piece of writing. It's like I can almost sense where you're coming from. But being different isn't always a bad thing; believing that you could become very successful.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2010
Last Updated on November 28, 2010


Author

Shawn Killian
Shawn Killian

Stroudsburg, PA



About
I am a gloomy goth, alone in a world of wannabe's. I write dark depressing stories, listen to dark, depressing music, and am absorbed with Assassins Creed 3 I am eager to talk to fellow musicians.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..