03x46: The Battle on the Island

03x46: The Battle on the Island

A Chapter by RA Fernandez
"

An all out war is waged on the Island while Austin is out cold in the ward.

"

THE BATTLE ON THE ISLAND

March 22, 2011

 

     “What’s the plan, John?” Marise said over the intercom.

     “I’ll get back to you,” John said as he changed frequencies. “What’s the plan Kyle?!”

     Kyle was partially unable to hear as he stared at the almost dreamlike armada that was assaulting the Island.

     “John, you and your team head for the school and try to get as many people out as possible. Afterwards, take that bus in the air and meet up with near the flagship.”

     Kyle was referring to the black, half-mile long, flagship that was the obvious leader of the armada.

     “Marise, your team head straight for the flagship and try to take it down. The Mastermind’s probably in there. Try to avoid him as much as possible. Just override the controls and crash the damn behemoth.”

     “And your team?” John asked.

     “We’ll evacuate the hotel and prep the tenants for battle. Then we’ll meet up with Marise in the sky.”

     “What if we meet up with double M in the sky?” Marise asked.

     “Hey, you’re both Double M’s, have a friendly conversation,” Lanz said over the intercom.

     “If that happens, you just fire something at him and run. Let’s face it; none of us has any chance against him. Austin is disabled, you, I, and Berna don’t have the sufficient psychic experience and nobody else has any chance. Just run for your lives but of course, that’s the worst case scenario.”

     “Best case scenario?”

     “You don’t see his face.”

     “Let’s just get on with this!” John yelled as he changed course for the school. Kyle continued on to the hotel as Marise flew the Pegasus up to the air fleet.

 

Kyle saw the horde of supersoldiers in the hotel entrance. He pressed harder on the gas and aimed straight at them.

     “Brace yourselves.”

     He fired a few shots before ramming them at about 100 miles per hour. Kyle held everyone in the car back with his psychic powers using a psychic cushion as to not cause any permanent damage.

     “Let’s go! Berna, Nica, Alyssa, help me fight our way up. Lui, teleport everyone else to separate floors ASAP and get as many people out to the main grounds through your teleportation thing, windows, balconies, I don’t care. Get everyone out!”

     “On our way,” Lui said as he took Rica, Marella, and Dorothy with him.

     The soldiers stood up despite being rammed by a supercar and took aim at the remaining members of Kyle’s team.

     “Let’s do this.”

     Kyle and Berna fired psychic beams at the opponents while Nica fired her shockwaves and Alyssa fired her icebeams.

     Lui dropped Rica, Marella, and Dorothy at floors 20, 15, and ten respectively as he stopped on the fifth floor. He went from room to room teleporting the tenants to the outside.

 

John reinforced the front of the car with his steel powers as he rammed through the gates. The ships were landing in the middle of the CWS.

     “Alright everyone, just stay calm, activate your consoles and fire away. This is gonna be a bumpy ****in’ ride.”

     John drove around the campus as the members of his team fired at the soldiers in the campus. One of these soldiers clapped towards the bus. Everything shut down.

     “Son of a b***h fired an EMP at us. Everyone out! We’ll do this manually. Lanz, Renz, I’m counting on you guys for demolition value. Bam, your guitar’s in the storage area out back. Roey, get your cards ready. Sean, slow things down a little.”

     Sean did as told as they attacked the soldiers at super speed. Lanz sent a few soldiers flying with his shockwaves as Renz sank a few into sinkholes. One of them reversed Sean’s temporal manipulation.

     To retaliate, Sean teleported behind the guy and nailed him with a punch at the head.

     Bam went to the storage of the bus by the side and got his guitar out. He turned the power knob to maximum and aimed it at the soldiers. He played a power chord and sent them flying.

     “Sang Woo, I want you to get the teachers out here to fight!” John said. “Tell them that you think they are total badasses and that we are in urgent need of excessive badassery right now!”

     “Should I really swear?”

     “Marty McFly says yes, d****t!”

     Sang Woo turned invisible and went off.

    

Marise put an illusionism around the Pegasus before going closer to the flagship.

     “What now?” Mo-on asked.

     “Watch,” Marise said. “Ships go there,” she continued, pointing to a small open dock near the center of one side of the ship. “That must be where the soldiers get on the ships.”

     “Where do the ships come from?” Ivan asked.

     “There!” Patrick said, pointing to a portal at the back of the armada.

     “Remember that thing John used last year to close the giant portal in New York?” Ivan asked.

     “Yeah.”

     “I have no idea what you guys are talking about.”

     “There was this giant portal that was highly unstable. John saw able to close it. I think this portal can be closed the same way,” Ivan said.

     Marise turned on the intercom.

     “John, we have a question,” Marise said. There was no reply.

     “John?” Janella asked.

     “D****t, I think something went wrong down there,” Bianca said.

     “Bianca, can you go to the Base and try to look for that portal closer thing?” Marise asked.

     “Sure.”

     “Here’s the Telegun,” Mo-on said, handing it to Bianca. “Good luck with Ernst!”

     “Shut up!” she said before teleporting away.

     “They grow up so fast…” Mo-on said. “So now what, we wait?”

     “We stick with the plan. We try to infiltrate the flagship,” Marise said.

     “How?”

     Marise pushed a button on the console and a hatch opened near the side of the room they were in. It was an extending tunnel.

     “We get that thing close enough and…”

     “We stand there like complete idiots!” Patrick said.

     “Got any better ideas?” Ivan asked.

     “Well, blowing the side of the ship to kingdom come will not work. Ramming it won’t. Why do we need to infiltrate it in the first place?”

     “Good point.” Janella said. “If the Mastermind’s in there, we crash the ship and we let them battle it out outside.”

     “We don’t have enough firepower.”

     Suddenly, Erika phased through the bottom of the ship, shocking everyone.

     “How about we phase through the walls?”

     “How did you get here?” Patrick asked.

     “Didn’t you see? She went through the floor,” Ivan said.

     “Okay, Erika phases everyone in, I stay here and try to take down the ships,” Marise said.

     “I’ll go with you. You’re gonna need firepower on those turrets,” Janella said.

     “I’ll provide firepower on the inside mission,” Patrick said.

     “We find the control room, break in, knock everyone out, crash the ship, phase out… that should be easy!” Mo-on said.

     “I’ll possess one of the guards, he’ll know where the control room is,” Erika said.

     “Alright, Janella, get in position. I’ll get this ship closer.”

     “Wait, what if we run into Double M?” Patrick asked.

     Erika took out a dart gun similar to the one Derek used on Austin back in their first encounter. “We take him out. I owe Isaac that much…”

 

Bianca arrived at the Base, much to Ernst’s shock.

     “Ernst, where are John’s weapons?”

     “I don’t know. In the lab I guess.”

     “How’s he doing?” Bianca said, pointing to the ward.

     “Being unconscious. Why?”

     “There’s a fricking armada outside and the ships are coming out of a giant portal. We’re gonna try and close it with John’s portal closing gun.”

     “Oh, I remember New York. Michael was such an a*****e to me back then. Wait, ARMADA?! SHIPS?!”

     “See for yourself.”

     Ernst ran to the exit and peeked out. He nearly fainted in fear before stepping back inside with a surprised albeit ridiculous expression on his face.

     “Code Brown…”

     “That’s disgusting… Wait! Help me find those weapons!”

     “Check the lab, I need a drink.”

     “Useless piece of sh…”

     “What did you say?!”

     “I said ‘You should piss in a toilet’”

     “Oh. I thought you said that I was a useless piece of"“

     Bianca opened a cabinet in the lab under the counter and found lots of weapons. None of them were labeled, unfortunately.

     “Which one is it?! Do you remember what it looked like?”

     “It looked like a sci-fi gun.”

     “ALL OF THESE LOOK LIKE SCI-FI GUNS!”

     “I think it was made of metal.”

     Bianca wanted to strangle Ernst right now.

     “I’m just kidding, jeez. Let me take a look.”

     Ernst went to the lab and looked through the guns. He couldn’t tell the difference between any of them.

     “I’m sorry.”

     “What do you mean you’re sorry?! This is a life and death situation and you’re wasting time apologizing!”
     “I’M SORRY I COULDN’T HELP GODDAMMIT,” Ernst said, breaking down. “I feel so goddamn useless. I just want to do something substantial but how could I?! I’m destined to be comic relief with a super power like laughing gas! COME ON!”

     For probably the first time, Bianca actually felt sympathy for the poor soul.

     “You’re not useless, Ernst. You’re there for us as a person we can count on.”

     “What use is that?”

     “Look, I’ll take all of these to John. Stay here and guard Austin. No worries. Good luck.”

     “Bianca,” Ernst said before she left. “Thanks…”

     “Don’t let them get to you,” she said before taking all the guns in a bag and going through the portal to the school.

     Ernst went back to the ward as the door to the Base opened and a twenty-something year old man came in.

     “Who the hell are you?” Ernst asked.

     “I’m here to pick up a package…” the man said, cracking his knuckles but for the first time, Ernst was not afraid. He was going to fight this guy to the death if he had to.

 

Kyle, Berna, Nica, and Alyssa got as far up as the second floor and rushed to evacuate the people there. Nica and Alyssa mostly stayed in the halls to ward of the constant stream of soldiers that were coming as Kyle and Berna split the floor in half.

     Lui cleared his five floors in record time thanks to his teleportation powers and went up to the other’s floors to help.

     He went to the floor Rica was on at the moment and saw her come out of a room, exhausted.

     “One and a half floors to go,” Rica said.

     “I can help with that,” Lui replied.

     “Nica, Alyssa, you guys alright there?” Kyle asked as he went into the last room of the floor.

     “Going strong!” Nica replied as she knocked a guy out.

     “Just chilling out here!” Alyssa said, freezing a soldier and using his frozen body to knock the soldiers down the stairs.

     “That was extremely lame,” Nica said.

     “Sorry.”

     Out of the stairwell came out this soldier backed up by four others. He fired up his hands. The man to his right turned his hands into water as the guy to his left turned his hands to electricity. The two men at the back turned their bodies into bubbling acid and earth respectively.

     “Nica, you handle fire guy. I’ll cool the others off,” Alyssa said.

     “You have to stop doing that,” Nica said as she fired a shockwave at the fire guy. He unexpectedly put out his left arm and the shockwave his it head on but he turned the blast into part of his arm and sent it back to Nica, blasting her through the wall and into the far wall.

     The bubbling acid man then spewed acid at Alyssa as she mad and ice wall in front of her and ran across the hall to help Nica up.

     “Kyle, Berna, we have a problem!”

     The acid burned through the ice easily as the water guy summoned water from the bottom floors. Water came rushing up from the stairwell and through the hallways of the second floor. The fire guy and electric guy shot holes through the roof and went up a few floors.

     “What is it?” Berna asked Alyssa.

     “The Furious Five just showed up!” Nica shouted weakly from where she was knocked into.

     “And you call my jokes lame?” Alyssa said.

     “I was being serious!”

 

Sang Woo entered the faculty center and Sir Geck went to him.

     “Sang Woo, what is going on out there.”

     “There is a big war and we need your…” Sang Woo said, hesitating for a while. “badassery urgently. We need you to fight them. We need your help.”

     Sir Geck looked around at his fellow teachers and none of them looked scared at all. All of them looked like they were longing for action.

     The teachers stood up one by one.

     “I think that’s a yes, Sang Woo.”

     “I have to go to the other faculty room as well. They’re outside.”

     “Yes, of course.”

     Sang Woo rushed out as the English, Math, Filipino, and Computer departments came marching out.

     Sang Woo continued on to the second Teacher Center. Sir Jojo was there. He stood up and went to him.

     “Gwun, what’s happening?”

     “Big war! We need your badassery right now! All of you, sir! This is urgent.”

     Sang Woo saw pretty much the same thing he saw in the other teacher center: teachers itching to get into action.

     “Well, no use sitting around here, right?” Sir Jojo said as Sang Woo led them outside.

     He was met with John and Michael’s team fighting side by side with the teachers.

     “I have to get the SAC’s and TLE Teachers,” Sang Woo said.

     “Go ahead, we have this handled,” Ms. Mac said.

     The teachers surged into battle as John smiled at what he was witnessing.

     “Cedric!” Lanz said. “This feels like a dream!”

     “I know, too bad I don’t know most of these teachers!”

     Bianca appeared with the bag of weapons.

     “John!”

     “Yeah?!”

     “I need your help ASAP!”

     John went to Bianca.

     “With what?”

     “This,” Bianca said, emptying the bag. “There’s a giant portal sending ships to our island. Last year, Ivan mentioned you closing a giant portal like that with a gun. Which one?”

     “Easy,” he said, picking out one of the weapons, “This gun.”

     “How did you know so fast?”

     “I ought to know, I made it.”

     “Sorry, thanks!”

     “Good luck to you guys! You’re gonna need it!”

     Bianca teleported back to the Pegasus using the Telegun.

     “Bambam!” Sir Philip said.

     “Yes, sir!”

     “Let me try that guitar of yours.”

     “Sure thing!”

     Bam handed over the guitar to Sir Philip as a horde of soldiers ran towards them.

     Sir Philip then blasted them all away with an epic riff. He then promptly handed back Bam’s guitar.

     “I gotta get me one of those.”

     Bam was left with his mouth open.

     “BAM!” John yelled. “Nine o’clock!”

     Bam snapped back in and jammed the headstock of his guitar at the guy lunging for him at his nine o’clock.

     “I think this battle is ours!” Michaels said.

     Out of nowhere, a ship flew into the airspace of the CWS and began shooting actual bullets down into the CWS.

     Ms. Becky focused her mind around the CWS and formed a defensive field around it, shielding it from bullets.

     “Nice work, Ms. Becky!” Clutch said.

     “Ms. Mac, watch out!” Sir Geck said as he fired a kinetic sphere at a soldier behind Ms. Mac.

     “Thanks.”

     The ship then in the middle of the CWS, causing everyone to get away from it. Lanz tried blowing it up but his shockwaves bounced off it.

     The door opened and a man stepped out in front of more soldiers.

     “Men, take the veterans. I’ll take the kids,” Spike said.

     Sir Geck, Ms. Mac, Sir Jojo, and a few other teachers from other year levels stepped out in front of the students.

     “We will not let you harm our students,” Sir Geck said.

     Sang Woo came rushing with the TLE Teachers, SAC’s, Ms. Nanette, Sir Dan, Doc Del, and Professor Religioso.

     “Those students are out of your reach!” Ms. Nanette yelled.

     “Well, well, well. It doesn’t matter who goes after whom in this fight. Pretty soon, our reinforcements will all be here and you’ll all be dead anyway,” Spike said. “And I’m not afraid to die. My dad is dead and my life is a mess. Consider this my finest hour.”

 

Marise and Janella cruised around the armada, taking down ships. None of them exploded on impact but they were sent down.

     “Nice aim, Janella,” Marise said.

     “You too.”

     After a while, Bianca arrived on the ship.

     “Get me close enough to the portal. Then open the ceiling hatch and I’ll close it,” Bianca said.

     “Why don’t you let me do it? I can fly.”

     “A wise man once wanted to be useful, even just for once. Well, he wasn’t exactly wise but he had good intentions or something like that. Let me do this one thing. You can clearly handle the rest.”

     “Okay, Bianca. Going towards the portal right now.”

     Marise navigated close enough to the portal while trying to take down some ships with her. She then opened the ceiling hatch.

     “You’re good!” Marise said before Bianca climbed up through the hatch. She aimed at the portal and prepared to fire when out of nowhere, this ship flew in the path of the beam.

     Trying to think quickly since more and more ships were coming through, she infused the gun with her bounce power and aimed at one of the ships near the Pegasus. She aimed just right then she pulled the trigger.

     The beam hit the ship but it ricocheted off of it, going for another ship. It also ricocheted off of that one and into a ship near the center of the portal. It hit that and was deflected into the very heart of the portal and finally, the giant portal closed and all the ships that were coming through were spliced in pieces before falling into the ocean.

     She went back in the ship and Marise closed the hatch.

     “The others went inside the flagship?” Bianca asked.

     “With Erika, yes.”

  

Ivan, Patrick, Mo-on, and Erika snuck around on one part of the ship. They were on thin metal bridges in a darkly illuminated room. Down below were guards.

     “Stay here,” Erika whispered as she disappeared.

     She went and possessed one of the guards and saw his thoughts. She tried to think of the location of the control room. After a while of thinking, she let him go and went back to the steel bridges.

     “Did you find it?” Patrick asked.

     “I had to search through his mind. That guard in particular is very fond of pornography, sick b*****d, but yes, I did find it.”

     “He’s not the only one fond of porn,” Ivan said, elbowing Patrick.

     “Shh…” Mo-on said.

     “Hold on to me,” Erika said. They held on before she turned them all ghost-like and phased through the walls towards the control room. As they were approaching the giant door to said control room, they hit the door head on and were somehow sent back. They were now tangible as the guards around the door aimed their rifles at them. The doors then opened as James Landers walked out.

     “Idiots! This door is twelve inches thick. Eight inches of solid titanium and four inches of Anti-Radioactive Matter in between to prevent people like you from getting in. We can also retract the titanium separately, allowing a completely human fight. But of course, you don’t need that when you have superpowered men with firearms and yours truly.”

     They were in a steel hallway with a few power generator turbines encased in glass at the sides.

     “We’re taking you down,” Erika said.

     “Oh, Erika, I missed you so much.”

     “You’re just Derek’s cousin. You don’t matter to me,” Erika said.

     “Wait, what?!” Patrick said.

     “Wait, you’re not her father are you?” Ivan asked.

     “No! What the hell gave you that idea?” Landers asked.

     “Empire…”

     “Erika, I did warm up to you while your sister and brother worked with the Mastermind. I treated you like a niece.”

     “I didn’t feel it.”

     “I urged your brother to get you out of here! Now look where you are!”

     “You didn’t urge him. You knew it would further the Mastermind’s plan! You were helping him because you knew he knew you were helping him. You were hoping that he would spare you in his plan to destroy the universe!”

     “What plan is this?” Patrick asked.

     “The Mastermind is planning to get Austin’s powers, destroy the universe, recreate it, and put himself in the position of creator,” Erika said.

     Patrick, Ivan, and Mo-on were in shock.

 

The man walked towards the ward as Ernst was on guard.

     “Just get out of my way and nobody will get hurt.”

     “Don’t think of me as a dumbass. If I let you get to him, he’ll go through more hurt than anyone else on this island.”

     “Don’t be ridiculous. All of us are going to the same place.”

     The man charged a purple sphere in his right hand and shot it at Ernst. He jumped away.

     The sphere hit the door of the ward. It disappeared.

     “Teleported elsewhere,” the man said. “But of course, hitting you in the wrong place would mean that your head stays here while your digestive system gets sent to Budapest.”

     “I’m not scared of you!”

     Ernst stood back up and stood in the blasted doorframe. The man kept on walking towards him.

     “Don’t force me to kill you.”

     “You’re not getting to him.”

     The man fired another sphere at Ernst. Ernst dodged again as the man lunged for Austin’s bed.

     “Mission control, I have the body,” he said through a mouthpiece.

     Ernst grabbed a nearby IV pole and stood up.

     “Hey hotshot!”

     The man was just preparing to teleport them out of there before he looked back at Ernst.

     “Do not f**k with me,” Ernst said as he rammed the pole full speed into the man’s face. He was knocked away from Austin’s bed and down into the ground.

     He stood back up, spit out some blood and went back to face Ernst who was putting Austin’s bed into the far end of the room.

     “YOU’RE GOING TO REGRET THAT YOU SCRAWNY LITTLE B***H!”

 

Lui and Rica just cleared floors four to ten and went up to Marella’s levels to help.

     “Lui, can you hear me,” Kyle said telepathically to Lui.

     “Kyle, yes. What’s the problem?”

     “There are two elite squad members climbing up the levels as we speak. Look out, this might be trouble. Get everyone out of there ASAP.”

     “Kyle, we still have three of them to deal with,” Alyssa said

     “This place is flooding, we have to get up,” Berna said.

     “I can arrange that,” Nica said as she fired a shockwave at the roof.

     “Let’s get out of here.”

     They jumped up and the three remaining elite squad members went through the holes “Fireman and Electricman” made.

     “Guys, Acidman, Earthman, and Waterman just followed,” Nica said.

     “Not Aquaman?” Kyle asked. “Anyway, let’s keep going.”

     Just then, Derek and Nelson came running down the stairwell.

    “I ran into Lui when I was looking for Erika. Need help?” Derek asked.

     “Nelson, maybe you can ram into those a******s. Derek, Ernst is in the ward protecting an unconscious Austin.”

     “Help him out, I got it. Wait, have you seen Scarlett anywhere?”

     “No, I haven’t.”

     “Guys, a little help would be nice!” Alyssa said, trying to keep up an ice wall between the three EFM’s and them.

     “I’ll handle this,” Nelson said. He had his gear on. He charged up his momentum and began charging for the three. Waterman tried to slow him down with flooding but he just crashed through the torrent that was sent towards him. Acidman and Earthman couldn’t attack due to the water.

     Nelson extended his arms and took all three of them into a grab as he crashed through the wall on the other side and rammed them straight to the ground.

     “Alright, I’ll go now. If you see Scarlett, tell her where I am.”

     “We’ll tell her to help out at the school. “

     “Sure.”

     “Lui, how are things up there?” Kyle asked telepathically.

     “Marella and Dorothy were quicker than I expected and" oh shoot.”

     “What?”

     “Those two guys you mentioned just got to our floor. Everyone in the hotel is out. We’ll meet you on the rooftop.”

     “Affirmative.”

     “What’s up?” Berna asked.

     “They’re going to the rooftop. Everyone’s out. Let’s fly the Anonymous up there, pick ‘em up, then check out the school.”

     “Aren’t we supposed to meet up with Marise at the flagship?”

     “They’re doing fine but I’m getting a really bad feeling at the school.”

     Kyle, Berna, Nica, and Alyssa rushed down to the first floor and went into the Anonymous. Kyle reared it out of the lobby and took off for the rooftop.

    

John and Michael’s teams were now fighting alongside the teachers against Spike and his army.

     “John, I guess you’re all out of pyrokinetics,” Spike said.

     “Well, steel vs. steel sounds good to me.’

     Spike covered his body in metallic spikes while John turned his body into steel and they began hitting each other.

     The rest of the team was doing well enough against the soldiers.

     Spike punched John in the face with his spiked fist and sent him to the ground. He then pounded on him hard.

     “Set the charges!”

     Twenty men retreated to the sides and set down brown charges on the ground. Everyone else continued fighting.

     “We have to stop those charges from going off!” Renz said.

     “Why?” Clutch asked.

     “I’m sensing a heavy terrakinetic signature from them.”

     “James, are the charges set on the other side?” Spike said through a walkie talkie.

     “I’m a bit busy right now, Spike. Contact Friedrich, he’s the head of the strike team in the hotel.”

     Suddenly, Spike got hit in the head and was sent to the ground.

     “Nice work, Owen,” Sean said. They both went back to battle.

     “Screw this, five minutes and we’re blowing this place!” Spike said before standing back up. “Hey Stinky and Fatso!”

     “Did you just call me Stinky?” Owen said turning around.

     Spike shot multiple spikes at Owens chest which stuck there and sent him to the ground.

     “Owen!” Sean said before teleporting behind spike and punching him from behind. Spike spun around while falling and shot spikes at Sean but he teleported before the spikes could do any damage.

     “Hey!” Sir Geck said.

     “You scrawny little f***s are getting annoying, you know that?” Spike yelled.

     Sir Geck blasted Spike full of kinetic energy, sending him towards the gym. He slammed into a wall at full speed, causing it to collapse.

     “Nice shot, sir,” Sean said.

     “Nice hair, Sean,” he replied with a sarcastic tone, going back into battle.

 

“Stay here and make sure to guard them. I’ll send a message to"“

     “James, are the charges set on the other side?” Spike said through Landers’ walkie talkie.

     “I’m a bit busy right now, Spike. Contact Friedrich, he’s the head of the strike team in the hotel.”

     Landers then heard a hard packing sound on the other side of the line.

     “Looks like things aren’t going well down there.”

     “Things aren’t going to go well up here either, James,” Erika boasted.

     “And why is that? Your precious little Pegasus couldn’t even penetrate through one of the normal ship’s defenses, what makes you think it can penetrate through this one.”

     “I wasn’t talking about the Pegasus.”

     Erika disappeared as the guards kept the guns on Patrick, Ivan, and Mo-on.

     “Makes you think why she didn’t do that earlier, huh?” Landers said. “If she does anything stupid, kill them.”

     Landers headed for the control room when all of a sudden, one of the guards pointed his rifle at him.

     “Erika, darling, you know that won’t hurt me.”

     “You know what? I’m going to possess you and force you to jump off this ship.”

     “I knew you were mad at us for causing your brother’s death but that’s kind of dark, even for you.”

     The guard went to a nearby turbine and shot the glass.

     “Now what are you up to now, Erika?”

     Erika willed the guard to jump in as she went out of him, took the rifle and went up through the roof. Blood and flesh splattered around the area.

     “Kill these three, I’ll go after her.”

     Landers transformed into Sean and teleported out of the room.

     “Shoot me, I’ll just fire away,” Patrick said.

     The guard shot Patrick in the leg and he felt an extraordinary pain.

     He tried to turn his body into fire but that didn’t stop it from hurting.

     “Ivan, Mo-on, run!” Patrick said as he forced himself to get back in the fight

     Mo-on concentrated on the guards and set the center of gravity to the turbine. The guards slowly began to move towards it. They attempted to run but Ivan quickly tripped them up, causing them to fall dangerously close to the turbine.

     “How do we open the control room?” Patrick said, pointing a flaring hand at one of their faces. He turned his body into water.

     “How convenient!” Mo-on said, intensifying the pull on the water man, pulling him into the turbine and causing him to scatter.

     There were two remaining guards.

     “You, how do we get in,” Patrick said.

     “Just push me in the damn turbine.”

     “Don’t you have a clever power like the other guy to prevent you from dying?”

     “Try me.”

     Patrick shot a flare at the man’s face but he dodged by jumping head on into the turbine. The man turned into steel and fused his arm with the turbine. He tore out a small section and spun the mini-turbine on his arm.

     “You’re getting particularly annoying,” Ivan said. “Why don’t you take a spin?”

     Ivan began running around the guy. He thrusted his turbine-arm forward but Ivan stopped right before he got hit.

     Patrick went to the last guard.

     “Are you going to tell me how to get in?”

     Mo-on started toying with the other guy’s sense of gravity. He threw him around the room.

     “There is no code. The control to open the door is on the Mastermind’s ship. The keypad on there is a trap. Pressing the wrong number first would cause the one who pressed it to be vaporized.”

     “I caught that!” Mo-on said, throwing the man towards the keypad.

     “Which number?” Patrick asked.

     “Don’t tell him, Anson!” the guard pinned against the keypad said.

     “I’m sorry! It’s 9!”

     Mo-on strengthened the pull of gravity on the 9 key towards the console. It got pushed and the metallic man was electrocuted. After a while, he stopped breathing and Mo-on dropped him to the ground.

     “This is relatively disturbing,” Ivan said.

     “Do you have a walkie?” Patrick asked.

     “Yes.”

     “Give it to me.”

     Patrick took it and found Marise’s frequency.

     “Hey Marise. We can’t get into the control room from here. The controls are on the Mastermind’s ship. It’s camouflaged amongst the others. You need to get in and open the door.”

     “Why can’t you get in?”

     “Stupid ARM’s strike back.”

     “But how about the Mastermind?”

     “Right… Damn…”

     “We’ll have to resort to plan B. Get back here.”

     “What’s Plan B?”

     “We’re going to blow the ship to kingdom come. We’re gonna need all the firepower we can get. Get back to the Pegasus. We’re gonna swoop down to the Island to get more reinforcements.”
     “What about Erika?”

     “What about her?”

     “She’s luring Landers somewhere or something.”

     “She can handle herself. Get over here now!”

 

Ernst dodged all of the man’s teleporter spheres while getting a few hits in with the IV pole.

     “That’s it, give me that!”

     The man lunged for Ernst’s IV pole but he just hit him with it again. The man fired a sphere at the pole and Ernst evaded it.

     Ernst then rammed the man towards the empty doorway and into the main Base. He then rushed to get off and into the weapons cabinet. He saw a spare guitar in there but it had a note attached. “OUT OF ORDER”

     Ernst didn’t care for this warning as he aimed it at the man, put the power knob to maximum, and put his fingers on random frets. He strummed the strings and the most earthshakingly, deafening tone came out of the guitar, causing the man to dive and cover his ears.

     “SON OF A B***H! After I get the package out of here, I’m killing you just for the inconvenience.”

     Ernst decided against using the guitar again so he took it off, held on to the neck, and decided to use it as more short range weapon.

     Ernst went closer to the man who was trying to get back into the ward and hit him across the head. He dodged the hit and fired at the guitar. It vaporized in Ernst’s hands.

     The man fired a teleporter sphere at the ground beneath Austin’s bed and a portal opened up. Austin and the bed fell through as the man turned around to face Ernst. He was holding on to a pair of surgical scissors.

     “Your turn…”

     “Get him back here right now.”

     “Or what? You’re gonna stab me?”

     The man lunged towards Ernst and tried to strangle him with his arm around his neck. He used his spare arm to wrestle the scissors out of his hands. He then jammed his knee at Ernst’s back twice, turned him to face him, punched him hard in the face, and threw him to the ground.

     Ernst spit out some blood and groaned in pain but he held on to a bed beside him and tried to stand up.

     “You’re a tough m**********r, aren’t you?”

     The man took out a pistol and aimed it at Ernst. Ernst didn’t care and reached for another IV pole.

     “I only use this for the tough ones. Congratulations.”

     He fired two shots at Ernst’s chest and he slumped to the ground.

     “Hey a*****e!”

     The man turned around only to see Derek Del Mundo facing him.

     “You f*****g traitors disgust me!”

     Derek fired an explosion beam at him as the man put a portal in front of him.

     “You always were a victim to that trick back at the academy.”

     He closed the portal and was met with Derek right in front of him. He nailed the man in the face with a right hook.

     “All you Double M servants are a******s, I’ll tell you that.”

     He picked up the surgical scissors and stabbed him in the chest.

     “That’s for Isaac, my life, and shooting this kid.”

     He went over to Ernst and placed him on the bed.

     “Oh God, you’re hurt real bad, Ernst.”

    “Really? How did you know?” Ernst said weakly.

     “I’ll call the nurse ASAP. Hang in there.”

 

Kyle took the Anonymous to the roof. He waited for Lui and the rest of his team to show up.

     After a few seconds, Lui, Rica, Dorothy, and Marella came through the door, firing at Fireman and Electricman behind them.

     Kyle opened the doors telekinetically and created a telekinetic bridge towards the seats. He flew the Anonymous close to the edge.

     “You have to jump!” Kyle said.

     “We’ll teleport, thank you very much!” Lui said.

     “Why didn’t I think of that?” Kyle said to himself.

     Lui teleported them all inside the Anonymous as Kyle fired psychic orbs at the rooftop. The roof collapsed and the two EFM’s fell in.

     Kyle lowered the Anonymous to the people that they evacuated. He stepped out and faced everyone.

     “As you might have noticed, we are all in serious trouble! The Mastermind made good on his promise to attack and now, we’re smack dab in the middle of it. Now here’s what we’re going to do. My team and I will fly up there and try to take them down from the air. All those ships, that giant flagship, we’ll take ‘em down. I’m leaving you in charge of the ground.

     “Right now, John is struggling with the Mastermind’s army. You can start there. We’re going to need all the help we can get. Is there anyone here with the Power Give power?”

     Someone raised his hand.

     “Good. Give the parents some powers. Let them join in the battle. This is live or die people. Good luck to us all!”

     Kyle stepped back in as the rest of the people charged for the school nearby.

     “Marise, how are things up there?”

     “Bad. Patrick just told me that the controls for the door to the control room are on the Mastermind’s ship itself.”
     “So he’s not on the flagship.”

     “What do you think?” she said sarcastically.

     “We’re heading up there. What’s the plan?”

     “We were heading down there to get some firepower. We’re gonna blow the ship up from the outside.”
     “The defenses are too strong. We have to blow it up from the inside. We’re coming up there.”

     “Hey, the blowing up part is still there. What should we do while we wait for you guys.”

     “Try to take down as many ships as you can. They’re setting down those suspiciously dangerous charges.”

     “What are those?”

     “I’d hate to find out. “

 

Erika went up to the top of the flagship and waited for Landers. Soon, he appeared on the top as well.

     “Erika, honey. You know that rifle won’t do any good.”

     “You’re the b*****d who suggested the entire ‘power you relatives, make an army’ bullshit to the Mastermind, weren’t you.”

     “Well, he wanted an army, I suggested the relatives.”

     “So you are directly responsible for Isaac’s death.”

     “He was collateral damage, Erika. I never intended for him to die.”

     “I didn’t intend to paint that hallway’s walls with that guy’s blood but hey, nobody’s perfect.”

     “Calm down Erika. You’re not thinking clearl"“

     Landers suddenly felt one of the bullets enter his abdomen. He transformed into Spike and felt no more pain. The bullets would turn into psychic spheres on contact which was why Patrick still felt pain since the wound didn’t close. He turned to a steel-powered mutant because that way, he won’t feel anything at all.

     “Nice try, Erika, but we all know that it is extremely hard to kill a mutant.”

     Erika took out a dart gun and aimed it at Landers.

     “Haven’t you learned anything? Trying to kill me is an exercise in futility!”

     Erika fired and Landers instantly turned back to his normal self. Erika then let go of the rifle, turned into ghost-mode, and jumped into Landers to possess him.

     “This is for what you did to my family,” Erika thought to herself before she jumped off the flagship. She exited his body and watched as Landers’ powerless body hit the ground.

 

A portal opened up in the laboratory and a bed came out with Austin on it.

     “Sir, the package has arrived but the messenger is dead,” Dr. Fisher said.

     “Good. Initiate the final phase of the plan,” the Mastermind said.

     The ships received the transmission form the Mastermind’s ship. All of them descended to the outskirts of the island as they set the larger charges. They then lifted off before turning the switch. The lights on the charges turned a red color.

     “Spike, your call,” the Mastermind said as he entered the laboratory. “Dr. Fisher, it is time…”

 

“This operation is FUBAR! We need to get out of here now!” Michael said.

     He ran to the bus and got on the intercom.

     “Kyle, Marise, we’re in deep s**t! These men are setting charges that Renz has identified as terrakinetic.”

 

Marise flew the Pegasus close to the exit dock of the flagship as Patrick carried Ivan and Mo-on through the entry hatch.

     “We’re going to blow up the flagship. If the command call for the charges is there, problem’s solved.”
     “And if it’s not?”

     “Then we just take down every damn ship up here ‘til we hit the Mastermind’s.”

     “Michael,” Kyle said. “I sent reinforcements which are coming anytime soon. Marise, you don’t need Ivan, Mo-on, and Bianca to blow up the interior. I’m sending Marella, Dorothy, and Alyssa down there as well. The Island is not important. We have to protect Austin. He’s what the Mastermind is here for.”

     “Are you even sure Ernst still has the situation under control?”

     “I sent Derek to help him.”

     “Speak of the devil; here he comes running to us right now.”

    

Derek was almost out of breath when he reached the school.

     “Where’s Nurse Jen?”

     “I don’t know.”

     “Any healer!”

     “ROD! Get over here!”

     Rodrigo Roura went up to Michael.

     “Derek here needs a healer. You hurt?”

     “This situation is FUBAR. Ernst is shot.”

     “SHOT?!” Kyle and Marise yelled out in unison over the intercom.

     “What happened to Austin?!”

     “He’s gone. You have to find that ship and infiltrate it as soon as possible. “

     “John has a spare telegun in the bus. Derek, Rod, use it to get back to the base. Kyle, Marise, I’m leading this battle to the mainland. Drop our reinforcements in around there.”

     “Alright.”

     “Activate the charges within a hundred meter radius,” Spike said to one of his officials.

     “Yes sir,” he said as he pushed the button. The entire place began to rumble at once.

     “JOHN! WE HAVE TO GET OUR PEOPLE OUT OF HERE!”

     The center of the circle formed by the charges began to cave in, creating a crater with steep edges. This crater began to extend.

     “Everyone in the bus. I’ll control the thing manually,” John said, slowly limping towards the bus.

     “You can’t drive a car manually when the battery’s out,” Michael said.

     “I mean manually. I’ll lift it magnetically.”

     “Motherf" I HATE THIS DAY!”

     Everyone went in the bus as Spike’s men got in the ship. John made a sign of the cross before, with all his might, creating the strongest magnetic field he has ever created around the bus.

     “I’ve never lifted anything this large and complex.”

     “You’re doing good…”

     John lifted the bus out as everyone inside watched as the crater engulfed the school. The sides were incredibly steep that Spike’s ship almost hit one of them.

     “I can’t hold it much longer…”

     “You can do this, John…”

     “FU"“

     John lost grip and the bus went for a drop. Everyone inside didn’t know whether to scream because of the fall or because of the gigantic crater engulfing their school.

     John tired to slow down the fall a little and he slowed the bus down by half. It was still a heavy impact but not enough to destroy the bus.

     Just then, the sides of the crater collapsed and buried everything in it.

     Michael picked up the intercom.

     “Marise, Kyle, can you see this s**t?!”

    

Kyle and everyone in the anonymous were staring in awe and horror at the crater.

     “Yes.”
 

Marise’s team was doing pretty much the same thing.

     “Look Michael, if they’re planning to do that to the island, you better get everyone out of there, destroy those charges, or get Spike’s ship down to the ground.”

    

Multiple ships landed around where they were and an army came out. Luckily their reinforcements had already arrived.

     “Alright guys. Let’s just stall them until judgment hour,” Michael said.

     “Oh my goodness, this is epic,” Roey said, taking out the remaining cards in his pack.

      The Mastermind’s army began to charge at them. The Island army charged at them too.

 

Erika went back into the Pegasus.

     “Landers is gone,” Erika said.

     “What happened?”

     “Doesn’t matter. We have to prevent this place from turning into a crater.”

     “We can start by blowing the flagship up,” Marise said.

     “We can’t do that with this ship, even from the inside. The flagship doesn’t matter anymore. Most of the men are down on the island. Everyone involved is ready to die for the Mastermind’s omnicidal plan. We have to head for the Mastermind himself.”

     “But how?!”

     “We have a bearing!” Kyle said, flying the Anonymous close enough to the Pegasus. Marise opened the cargo bay at the back and Kyle flew the Anonymous inside.

     “Most of the ships are down there,” Kyle said. “which means, the ships left up here are either decoys or very important. This also means that one of them is the Mastermind’s ship.”

     “So, what now?” Janella asked.

     “If Austin is gone, he’s definitely with the Mastermind. Our link is telling me he’s on that one,” Kyle said, pointing to a lone ship on the other side of the flagship below them.

     “What’s the plan once we get there?”

     “We weren’t even prepared for the initial strike. This just shows that we don’t necessarily need a plan to survive. Erika, bring your darts. Lui, get ready to teleport us in but first, take Mo-on, Ivan, Bianca, Marella, Dorothy, and Alyssa down.”

     “Back in a sec,” Lui said, taking them down and reappearing.

     “Janella, you stay in here and wait for the go signal. Our priority is to get Austin out of there. Once he’s out, Lui will take us out and Janella, you blow the ship to smithereens. If it doesn’t kill the Mastermind, well, we’ll deal with that later.”

     “Should we go now?” Lui asked.

     “Everyone ready?” Kyle asked.

     “Let’s do this,” Marise said.

     “Time to end this,” Nica said.

     “Look, let’s not do a one-by-one one liner thing before battle and let’s just get in there,” Patrick said.

     “Alright Lui, I think everyone’s ready,” Kyle said.



© 2012 RA Fernandez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on January 4, 2012
Last Updated on January 4, 2012

The Next Level: The Mutant Bond


Author

RA Fernandez
RA Fernandez

Philippines



About
I'm a simple man making my way through the universe. I do love writing as well and I'm still trying to improve my skill. more..

Writing
The Job The Job

A Story by RA Fernandez