03x43: A Sad Farewell

03x43: A Sad Farewell

A Chapter by RA Fernandez
"

CV gives Jib a good send-off as he goes to migrate to the USA. Meanwhile, Austin receives a reminder from the Mastermind.

"

A SAD FAREWELL

March 2 �" 6, 2011

 

     The next day’s quote was from their play: “HINDI PA PALA LUNCH!” (It’s not yet lunch after all) by Ymara.

     A lot of them were exempted in Math so the first hour was kind of fun. They spent all of their time in the library. They noticed that a lot of Sir Ben’s students were exempted in AP but Sir Leo’s were not.

     “Try to beat this. Sir Edmond was our awesome adviser; Sir Leo was… the other one…” Austin said.

     “Okay… So far you win,” Maan said.

     “Haha, Sir Rommel and Sir John were too awesome!”

     “We had Ms. Ruby,” Johan said.

     There was silence all across…

     “Alright, Johan. You win. D****t….”

 

The AP test was hell as per usual. After that, Austin and Jib had some lunch.

     “I remember the time Jeffrey kept on unbuttoning his shirt despite Ms. Becky telling him to button it back…” Austin said.

     “Yeah, haha…”

     “I remember when Aika, Marise, and the other guys at the back sang that song during AP class…”

     “What song?”

     “Total Eclipse of the Heart.”

     “Oh…”

     It was quiet for a while.

     “Austin, what are you waiting for?”

     “What do you mean?”

     “Court her… go for it!”

     “Marise? Am I ready?”

     “I don’t know with you. You have my blessing.”

     “Thanks, bro.”

     Austin couldn’t believe that Jib was leaving for the US.

     They went to the bookstore where Jib bought an extra pen for tomorrow. On their way out, Jib said something that broke Austin’s heart.

     “Oh man, this is the last time I’m going to this f*****g place…”

     After this, Austin stayed with Ernst in front of the Teacher Center A, moaning the characters of Mag-Anak na Cruz (throwing Nyora Tentay in for some fun) out loud.

     After a while, Ms. Cha barged out of the room and reprimanded the two. They just looked away nonchalantly.

     A few minutes later, Sr. Rommel came out and faced Ernst.

     “Ernst, when is your baby coming out?”

     Austin, Ernst, and Sir Rommel laughed at this.

     “Good one, sir!” Austin said.

     Sir Rommel went on his business as Austin packed his bag.

     “Dude, I think I’ll be going now. Enjoy school, 'kay?”

     “Yeah. See ya tomorrow.”

 

The next morning, Austin found out that Ms. Mac got mad yesterday afternoon. They took down the tarpaulin at the back of the room and it was full of graffiti from the previous batch. Some of the boys decided to join in. When Ms. Mac saw them, she thought it was all them or something.

     During the Science test, Jib was gone. Fortunately, he was only late.

     After the test, Jib and Austin were chilling in the balcony in front of the testing room (Which was AVR 2).

     “Hey, Jib. Look! It’s Ms. Becky!” Austin said. Jib glared at Ms. Becky as she walked from DDN to the stairs near Sarangani.

     “P**ang ina… TARGET LOCKED!!!” Jib exclaimed as he and Austin went back for their final test.

  

After this test, they were finally free for the year. They decided to attend Bio class where Sir Jojo was talking about Taxonomy. The boys kept asking what position did certain animals do “it” in.

     “I guess… ‘worm position’? HAHAHA!” Sir Jojo said, Sir Jojo-style.

     While they were answering a seatwork, Sir Jojo was commending Celine Dion on being able to sing on the Titanic for her music video of “My Heart Will Go On” saying that very few people can sing underwater. They were laughing at Sir Jojo’s reenactment of what should have happened.

     “Near… far. Whereeevveeeerr you blblblblblblblbl.”

     Engage Laughter…

     During Lunch, Ernst brought him terrible news.

     “Austin! Bianca quit TEAGS!”

     “What?!”

     Before their next class, Austin confronted her.

     “Bianca! What the f**k?!”

    “What is your problem? I have a choice!”

     “I mean why haven’t you returned my DVD of Saw yet?”

     “It’s in your suite. Jeez…”

     Austin went to Ernst.

     “Dude, I’m gonna go home. See you later. I’ll be back for Jib’s farewell.”

     “Yeah… bye.”

   

At around four thirty, Austin returned to the CV room. He waited for the class to end. They got out the food and began the farewell party.

     They began by giving Jib the hot seat. They then gave him a present. He opened it and it was a T-Shirt that said “CV <3 JIB”.

     Then they just ate and drank for thirty minutes. They took pictures beside Jib and gave him a bunch of letters.

     Austin said his final farewell and went back to his suite.

 

He inserted his ID into the slot on his door and opened it. He dropped his bag near his desk and went near the window. What he saw nearly caused him to yell if he wasn’t thrown out of the window first.

     It was Nelson in his armor. He was hit with the same force as if he’d just been charging from the room across the hallway.

     Austin switched to Pyrokinesis and fired at him. He transformed into some random guy and fired an electric ball at Austin.

     “Landers, what are you doing here?”

     “I’m not here for you. I just needed to make a clean getaway. Auf wiedersehen!”

     He transformed again and teleported.

     Austin rushed back to his suite to check on what he saw. When he got back to the balcony, he confirmed his fears.

     He turned Erika over and switched the band to “space-manipulation”. He teleported them to the Base and took her to the ward.

     He switched the band to healing and tried to close the lacerations across her belly.

 

“EIGHTEEN DAYS!”



© 2011 RA Fernandez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on December 20, 2011

The Next Level: The Mutant Bond


Author

RA Fernandez
RA Fernandez

Philippines



About
I'm a simple man making my way through the universe. I do love writing as well and I'm still trying to improve my skill. more..

Writing
The Job The Job

A Story by RA Fernandez