02x09: Family Bonding

02x09: Family Bonding

A Chapter by RA Fernandez
"

Spike visits his father again. Things don't go as he planned.

"

FAMILY BONDING

 

     “Please stop it!”

     “You stubborn little fool. I let you go because I believe that thoughts aren’t concrete unless you put it into action.”

     A loud zap echoed throughout the chamber.

     “No, please stop. You believe the exact opposite! You believe that actions aren’t concrete until they have been put into thought!”

     “Very good Spike, at least I know you pay attention.”

     One zap, significantly louder than all the rest, echoed throughout the chamber once again.

     The dark cylindrical chamber, much like the training room lit up. Spike had just been released from the torture chamber.

     “Next time you stray from plan and kill one of our scientists, your mind will cease to exist. Dr. Fisher must stay alive until Fernandez has been killed, am I making myself clear?”

    “Yes Mastermind!” Spike answered.

     He went out of the base and had to catch a van to get back to the suite because the cable cars were not operating due to him.

     The Mastermind had found out that he killed Dr. Orción. He also found out that he tried to kill Austin right away instead of destroying the band first. He was dragged to the base by the teleporting chamber and tortured until he got the message.

    He went to his suite. It was 7:00 PM but he laid down on the bed and quickly fell asleep.

     The next day, he took the van back to the city. His car had been blown up by the Mastermind. He was going to his Dad’s house.

     Knock, knock, knock…

     His dad opened the door.

     “Spike, so glad to see you.”

     “Hey dad,” Spike said while giving him a hug.

     They went inside and sat on the couch.

     “So Spike, how’s work?”

     “Not so great. My boss got pissed off at me...”

     “Your language, watch it!”

     “Sorry, it’s just that, he gave me a really hard mission.”

     “What is it?”

     “I have to destroy this circular band.”

     He didn’t really lie, that’s what he had to do.

     “What do you mean by destroying a circular band?”

     “It’s black and it’s hard to destroy. All I have to do is destroy it.”

     “But what will that do for your boss?”

     “Help him get some information. Look I can’t divulge any more information right now.”

     “You’re not making a lot of sense.”

     At that moment, Spike felt his hands’ blood vessels slowly erupting. He saw a purple field around his hands. He tried to wave it around but it only got worse.

     “Dad, do you have any towels?”

     “Yeah, in the back room, why”

     “Do you mind if I use one?”

     “Not at all. Go ahead.”

     He quickly ran to the back room and turned on the light. He felt an extremely sharp pain in his hands. He looked at it and it was red. He wanted to yell in pain but he can’t. He grabbed a small glass fragment and sliced a small slit in his hands. He quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped his hands in it.

     He went out and sat on the couch, resisting the urge to yell in pain. Blood had just been dripping within him without any cuts or bruises. The purple field was gone but he was still bleeding.

     “What are those towels for?”

     “Nothing.”

     “Are you lying to me Spike?”

     “No.”

     Blood then sort of seeped out of the towel, there was a purple field guiding it outwards.

     “Spike, you’re bleeding!”

     “I’m okay.”

     His dad quickly took off the towels and Spike’s hands were bloody red. Spike was looking pale.

     “Spike, you’re loosing blood fast.”

     “There’s only one way I can block it and you don’t want me using my powers inside your house.”

     “This is an emergency! Do it! It’s okay.”

     Spike blocked the slits with spikes and it sort of closed the blood vessels. There was now one spike at the back of his hands.

     “Look Spike, what’s going on?”

     “I’m okay!”

     “You live in Woodridge Place do you not?”

     “Yes.”

     “Then you might have heard about this.”

     Spike’s dad pulled out a newspaper with the headline, “CABLE CARS IN WOODRIGE PLACE FALL FROM ABOVE.”

      “I had nothing to do with that.”

      “Judging by your body language and tonality, you have lied to me about 4 times ever since you got here. What’s wrong with you?”

     “Nothing.”

     “STOP TALKING TO ME LIKE THAT!”

     “What?”

     “You answer me with empty words like ‘nothing’, ’okay’, ’I’m fine’, what is wrong with you AND DON’T DARE SAY NOTHING!”

     “I’m okay!”

     “GAHHH!!!”

     “LOOK,” Spike shouted at his dad for the first time in a long time. “IF YOU WONT BELIEVE ME THEN YOU BETTER STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS!”

     “Don’t raise your voice on me Spike. I’m your father.”

     “Look, if you WERE my dad, you would believe me.”

     “If you were my son and a TRUSTWORTHY one, you wouldn’t lie to me!”

    The spikes began to line up with blood.

     “Look, if you don’t want to talk normally, get out of my house.”

     “You started raising your voice.”

     “And why did you have to follow suit? You’re acting like an immature child.”

     “MAYBE YOU�"“

     “LOWER YOUR VOICE!”

     “MAYBE YOU JUST CAN’T ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I’M OKAY!” Spike said while standing up.

     “Sit down Spike Mordaz Estaquilla and modulate your voice!”

     “I DON’T WANT TO TALK NORMALLY!”

     “Then get out of my house!”

     “WHY WON’T YOU JUST BELIEVE ME?”

     “Because I know you work for the Mastermind!”

     “What? How?”

     “You left this here.”

     His dad took out a letter. Spike opened it and read it.

 

Dear Mr. Estaquilla

 

     I would like to inform you that your son, Spike has been currently disobeying my orders. He tried to kill two innocent children by taking down cable cars. He would probably come there sometime today and if he does, please give him a well thought out and thorough talking-to.

 

Sincerely Yours,

 

The Mastermind

 

     Spike stared in silence and in shock.

     “W-w-when did this arrive?”

     “A few hours ago. I just saw it on the table.”

     Spike approached the door.

    “You useless liar!” his dad said coldly.

     Spike stared at the floor in guilt and shame.

     “Look at me when I’m talking to you!”

     Spike slowly raised his head to meet the ever terrifying stare. He looked in his dad’s eyes and didn’t see anger, as expected, but saw sadness and disappointment.

     “Get out of my house.”

    “Look, dad…”

     “GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!”

     His dad stood up and pointed at the door. Spike approached it and opened it.

     He looked at his dad one more time; he was shaking in anger, fear, sadness, or something else. He was staring at the floor but his finger was still pointed at the door. It slowly declined.

     “I’m never coming back, dad.”

     He saw his dad slowly sit down on the couch and put his hands in his face.

     “You’ll never see me in person again.”

     He took a last look at his dad. He had said his final words to him. He closed the door slowly. His dad was sobbing in his hands. His bloody towels were resting in front of him on the table. Spike had forgotten the pain in his hands. The door made a locking sound and Spike walked away from this house and took one last look at it. He would never want to walk towards this house ever again. It was a partly cloudy day. He wondered if he had control over weather because the sunny days have passed. The darker times have just begun…



© 2011 RA Fernandez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on May 20, 2011
Last Updated on May 20, 2011

The Next Level: The Black Band


Author

RA Fernandez
RA Fernandez

Philippines



About
I'm a simple man making my way through the universe. I do love writing as well and I'm still trying to improve my skill. more..

Writing
The Job The Job

A Story by RA Fernandez