Time

Time

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

tanka

"
Please visit the audio reading to hear this poem



Published In Tattoo, Calling All Soldiers Home




Tattoo is a collection of one hundred syllable conscious poems, mostly brief with an eye to expanding peace and self-awareness. Included are Descartes Was Not a Mosquito, Just How Many Butterflies, and How to Heal the World.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
captcha … usedness

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

how very cool .. i was prepared for something longer so was surprised .. enjoyed the depth of statement and brevity .. nice one for sure .. especially like how you embraced the hands in your poem :)
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, E. I was thinking on it and wondering why I choose to turn some concepts into longer poem.. read more
A short and prophetic audio gem. Great work Pryde. An insightful & unique youtube broadcast. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Bpoet:)
I did go to the audio file. It was one of those days I just couldn't find enough time to respond back... ;)
A fine bit of artistry Pryde.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, David. You are here now:)
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

or you were and now you are again … am I warping your mind yet … lol
Time flies, crawls and we never have enough of it. Good one

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

And thanks for spending some of the good stuff with me:)
You read so beautifully and I am still tripping over your accent, I just love it! :D Pryde, another out standing poem from you, so beautiful and true - so much meaning. Well done my sweet friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Sye. Love to hear your English tones:)
s y e

9 Years Ago

I have Soundcloud, will send you the link. :)
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Cool cool cool
that last line, simply beautiful and so true.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I enjoyed this because it's so true. What is there to contain time when the clock dies? Nothing. Time is it's own crazy thing that cannot and will not be tamed. An amazing topic for writers everywhere.
You also have a nice clear voice for reading poetry! I wish I could read out loud like that.
Great job :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Amber:)
I enjoyed the message although I do wish it was longer but that's not a bad thing! It feels like it was quoted from a longer, original piece or even a story.

Being cut off so short it did kind of leave that annoying "WHY!?" in my head because I was enjoying it and wanted it to continue. I started to get the imagery of a story of great civilizations and kings in relation to the message behind "time" as if it were going to be a parable. Again, that's not a bad thing because you had my attention and I legitimately wanted more...which is very rare with me as I'm very selective.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Sectando. This is a specific form of poetry. Tanka. It is deliberately short and is meant.. read more
Very witty with the double meaning of hands.
It is interesting to hear the spacing and emphasis the way the author wants it instead of how I imagine it to flow.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, C Rose.
Short but sweet, with a deep and powerful meaning wrapped up in a great poem, nice work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Jackson.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1538 Views
34 Reviews
Added on October 7, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..