Cellared … a reading.

Cellared … a reading.

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A video of me reading a old poem of mine …

"
Cellared


Above is a link to me reading from Strays. I am reading Cellared which went originally under the name Forgotten Fruit. Maybe a little too Harlequin meets Martha Stewart and thus the change. It is published in Strays. This is my first live on video recording for me … so be gentle folks:)





Strays is a collection of two extended narratives and more than forty love-themed poems, exploring the meaning of romantic love while we have it and attempting to find the healing after its loss. Found within these pages is the short story Gutter Dog, the novelette Ginni, and the poems False Skin, the Boy Who Wore Clothes, and the Black-Wit Reveller.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
captch octadic

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is melancholic and sultry at one and the same moment Pryde. Delicious.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, John:)
Well Pryde I got distracted by looking at you and the friendly face and smile . I am incapable of doing two things at once. Stop , pause, forward rewind after a while I was so confused except when I got to the end and you smile which made me smile. This is not so much an excuse as is more of an apologetic. I will download the video and actually try to listen to the words.

Thankyou!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Rene … there is this version too … without my face should you wish for the words … .. read more
Rene Salinas

9 Years Ago

Done Pryde I downloaded one of them and managed to focus on the writing not that I have anything aga.. read more
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

LOl … did you read my status today:)
I LOVED IT!!! enough said.. left a review there as well ma'am... awesome job!! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

you're welcome.. I honestly did love it!! can't wait to see more:)
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Oh there's more. I have a whole youtube site of the them but this is my first one from behind the ca.. read more
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

oh yay!! will definitely save that.. thank you for sharing :)
Not like. Love. I would never be brave enough at this point to video myself or have someone else do it while I read my work. I would record it if I knew how - but no lookie lookie at me. (Tam has a face for radio) so this was just a wonderful combo of voice, and poetry and expression as you read it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you Tammy ... I think you got it in you. Your avatars have the smiles for it. Come on, join me.. read more
Pryde ---

I have to say that hearing and seeing the verse is much better than --- just reading and coming up with my own interpretation...as with this verse...you have the voice for them...and the presentation was short and sweet..but enough to get the audience...and that's the whole intent...thanks for the invite...just email me for now...in the zone with the novel...I would go with an audio with all of your work...your have the look and the voice to match the appeal of the reader...I will have to get a copy of your book (Congrats) on my return from the Philippine Islands...the shipping here is outrageous...through the roof...good day...and happy writing...

Fellow Author/Friend ---

Glen Yumang Manese

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks Glen … yeah I know getting the shipping to Canada can be hefty too. But all my titles are a.. read more
I like to listen to your verbal poetry. The voice of the Poet make their words come alive.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Coyote.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Just went to youtube to see this and so happy I did. You have an exuberance when you thank us and wave goodbye that is charismatic. Hearing you read the words is always good, but seeing you makes it more special. Do you go to poetry readings in your area...open mic nights? You ought to! Kudos to you. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks Lydi* … not I haven't gone to any readings yet but I hope to soon:)
One of these days I will shock the world (and myself) and attempt one of these things, but my shyness has unequivocally forbidden it to this point...but hey, this isn't about me...you did a lovely job, your voice and presence are infectious and totally sympathetic to the words you write...I would definitely pay money to see and hear you read in person...nicely done Pryde :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Wow … thanks Steve. But yeah, you should definitely jump on board. There are a lot of ways to do i.. read more
kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

Haha Yes, I would definitely have to start with a voice and the voice only...someday I'll just get a.. read more
"octadic" oh my :)) boggles the mind ... what would one do with such a contraption ahahaha!
your presentation is professional .. you appear to be a seasoned vet .. you also look very loverly Pryde .. and loved the poem .. metaphors are fresh and life lesson described a treasure .. no bitterness .. just good will .. nice one
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks E … I figure us poets might as well get in on the video biz. Love to see one by you.
Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

oh! i am much to shy and computer illiterate .. they don't call me stone-aged for nothing ;)
E.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

573 Views
16 Reviews
Added on September 25, 2014
Last Updated on November 17, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing