Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Prinnrose

"Hello Mr. Price," Dr. Yorrin said, shaking his hand. "Please, make yourself comfortable. Would you like something to drink?"
"A water would be great, thanks." The doctor tossed him a bottle that would have hit him square in the nose if he hadn't been paying attention. He's been losing himself in thought a lot lately.
"Sit down, I insist. You don't look so well," Yorrin commented, showing him to a chair.
"A lot has changed."
"Change is good, though few people believe it. You came here to discuss your daughter, correct?" Price nodded, already somewhere else. "Well tell me about her. Start from the beginning. What's her name, what does she look like? Who is she? Tell me about her personality, everything you care to share about her."
"Her name is Rose." The man smiled weakly. "She's tall, beautiful, has these vibrant blue eyes, just like 'er mother, long and shiny brunette hair, and her smile is one that could cure any downer day.
"She came to me, not long ago, to tell me and her mother that she was gay. A lesbian."
"Oh really?" Yorrin relaxed a little in his seat. Prices tone of voice revealed obvious acceptance, if a little bit distressed. But why? "Did something go wrong?"
"Her mother . . ."
"We'll come back to that. For now, just tell me about her."
"Well, okay." They sat in silence for a few moments, his gears turning, awfully fast, Yorrin noticed. "She was a good student in school. Straight A's, an occasional B. We were so proud of her. She . . . put other's first. One of 'er friends threatened to kill herself so Rose stayed up all night to talk to her, to get her out of it. She has a big heart.
"She never showed interest in guys. At first we wondered why. Her mother tried to set her up with many men, but she'd refuse and leave to hang out with her friends. It didn't really come as a surprise to me when she told us she was gay. She always preferred girls a hundred and ten percent of the time. Making guy friends was difficult enough for her, and the only one she made was gay himself."
"How was her social life at school, after she came out? Assuming she came out to her school, of course."
"Apparently she was very open to it with her friends. After she told us, she didn't care who knew. If someone asked, she would tell 'em the truth."
"Did she get bullied?"
"Not that I know of, no. People seemed to really love her. She's really shy, but people still seemed to just gravitate towards her."
"So she was popular at her school?"
"No, no sir, not at all. She just made a lot of honest friends. Many people tried to bring her up with them in the 'ranks' you could say. But she never went with because she never felt they were going to ever be her true friends."
"Huh. So why have you come here, Mr. Price? I've noticed you keep using past tense when you refer to her personality. What happened? Do you mind sharing it with me?"
He shook his head. "I'm sorry, Doctor, but I can't. . . ." Yorrin could have sworn he started to tear up, but the emotion was gone so fast that he wasn't sure. "Here."
Price held out a little, green diary with the name Rose written what seemed to be a thousand times all over the cover. Yorrin took it gently and inspected it. On the back cover was a drawing of a rose.
"If you would, Dr. Yorrin, read it."
"What would you have me do after I've finished?" He felt almost intrusive, being minutes away from sticking his nose into this girl's diary.
"Help my little girl."


© 2013 Prinnrose


Author's Note

Prinnrose
First Draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked how you made me instantly love Rose and want to help her, also how you concluded the prologue and brought me in the story. It's like the whole story is a pair of pants and you tucked me in the pocket...
That doesn't seem to make much sense :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Playing with Demons

11 Years Ago

Your welcome! Whenever I get back to writing after a long break I feel like I just took the best mos.. read more
Prinnrose

11 Years Ago

Fantastical. I like youuuu. I know, it really is great, isn't it :D
Playing with Demons

11 Years Ago

Thank you! I like you too!!!!!!
If ever I have read such a story that worked over my emotions in many different ways, it is this one! You have made me smile, as well as cut me to the core for I don't believe I was truly prepared for what you have shared here. Nice start.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Prinnrose

11 Years Ago

Oh thank you very much. (: I had no idea anyone would like it. I'll write I think one more chapter t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 2, 2013
Last Updated on August 2, 2013
Tags: rose, girl, lesbian, journal, prologue, therapy


Author

Prinnrose
Prinnrose

FL



About
Hey~! I guess you want to know a little bit about me. My real name is Autumn Fish and I live somewhere in Florida. I don't do too much with myself, so I occupy my time through a few different mediums... more..

Writing