Her

Her

A Story by Leviathus Fortes

There was a boy and a girl who fell in love.

She was new to the neighborhood.  At first, she would follow him around like a lost puppy.  She barely spoke as she felt herself to be outside of her element.  He, for such a long time, had frozen his heart.

They had both come from similar backgrounds, so he understood exactly how she was feeling. 

“I’m tired” she once said to him. 

She was new and the bully picked on her.

“He intimidates me.  I feel comfortable with you”. 

She would be moving away.  He knew what he would have to do, he didn’t like what it was, but it was exactly what she needed.  He’d have to disconnect. 

He kept his distance the entire morning in hopes that she would not come near.  He didn’t want to do what had to be done, yet he knew he would have to.  She looked upon him with confusion.  He was not speaking or making eye contact.  He walked into the back of the room and began organizing.  A few minutes later, she came into the room and walked up to him and stood by his left side.  He kept his head down, looking at her from the corner of his eye.

“This is happening,” he thought to himself.  “It was inevitable”.

He raised his head up, turned to look at her and then he walked away.

The next day…

He focused on organizing even more.  Then went he went to the front of the room he stood, staring directly in front of him as she stood on his right side, just looking at him.

He watched her as she walked away.  Left foot, right foot, left foot, right… she stopped.

She recalled that he had done this once before.

He saw her right cheek had risen up, a half smile upon her face.  She turned to him and saying  “Bye” and then she turned her head and walked towards the door.

 

The boy loved her.  She loved him as well.

 

 

 

© 2015 Leviathus Fortes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on March 8, 2015
Last Updated on March 8, 2015
Tags: Her

Author

Leviathus Fortes
Leviathus Fortes

TX



About
Be inspired by others and you will inspire yourself, which in turn WILL inspire others. - Hercule Will --- I've always felt the need to write. Even if, at times, it seems to myself tha.. more..

Writing
dd dd

A Poem by Leviathus Fortes