Ugly beginnings

Ugly beginnings

A Chapter by BRITTNAY_NAY_TAY_TAY

INTRODUCTION-


      Bad Luck, hah, well, it's like a curse; once you get it, there's no way to rid of it, unless one finds the perfect lupehole. My name is Annabell and this is the story of my cursed teenage years.

      

CHAPTERS-


 "Why do you hate me?" I screamed at my mother.

       "I don't hate you!" returned mom.

       "Then why do you have to marry him? He hates me and we all know it!" my voice rising.

       "No he doesn't!" mom, making an attempt to calm me down. "John loves you with all his heart!"

      "Yeah right! And even if that was true, he's marrying you for your money! Everyone in Washington knows it!" I'm obviously not calming down anytime soon.

       "How could you even dare to say that?" questioned mother, awestrucken by by my statement.

       "John's so poor hobbo's feel bad for him! And we live in a beautiful house in one of the richest towns in Washington! You guys are like night and day!" I was so frustrated, furiated didn't even begin to evplain how I felt.

        "What the hell are you two bickering about now?" Interrupted my brother, Nick. "Ever since dad died you two have been going at it non-stop! I'm sick of it! You say you believe in world peace? HAH. This house must not be a part of the world 'cause it's far from peaceful!"

       "I don't care! This is her fault!" I explained as i pointed at mother. "She just decides to marry a worthless piece of trash, right after she got that letter explaining daddies helicopter was blown to bits!" I started to cry then. Whenever I talked about or heard about dad I'd start to get emotional.

      "Don't you think I miss him? He was the best thing that happened to me! To us!" bawled mom.

      "Exactly! The best thing that ever happened to us! John is no replacement, and never will be! Go ahead, marry that trash! But don't expect me to accept him into this family! I returned, expecting to be smacked.

      "Annabell Rose Weller!" screamed my mother just before my mouth started bleed from the back of her hand.  She mumbled something about me, regret and adoption and stomped upstairs. Nick and I stood there in silence until mom slammed her door and started to curse.

     "Why the hell would you try to get on mothers bad side?" Nick whipsered.

     "Because she's a moron!" I yelled purposely, that way mom would here me.

     "Shhhhhh..." Nick whispered.

     "Never! I'm out of here!" I screamed.

     "Where are you going to go?!" yelled Nick as I ran out the door.

     "Anywhere but here!!" I yelled back as I hopped onto my bike.

     "Your going to our boyfriend, Jake's house, Aren't you?" He yelled at the top of the porch. I tried to hide my face from him, because I was blushing. I was going to his house, but I didn't want Nick to know. He always makes fun of me whenever I bring up Jake.

     "He's just jealous that he can't get a girlfriend, let alone a friend that is a girl!" I told myself. "He's just a dope, he doesn't know a thing about relationships."

      When i came to the path that splits into two, I paused. Turning left would lead me to Jake's house, but turning right would lead me to the graveyard. I took a hard right and sped as fast as I could until I reached the gate. I stared up at the sign that read "Veterans Memorial Cemetary". I almost burst into tears right then and there, but I held myself together, atleast for now. This is the place my fathers was burried. I jumped off my bike and slowly walked past the gate.

      "No turning back now, Annabell, No turning back." I tried to build up some confidence. This was the first time since my fathers burial that I have gone to see him. As i walked up to a fine polished, granite tombstone, I read to myself "Joseph Kenith Weller, 1976-2011"

"I miss you so much. Why did you have to get drafted? Why did you have to go to Vietnam? Why did you have to get on that helicopter? Why did the enemy have to shoot it down? Why did your helicopter have to land on the ground? Not in water? Why did it have to explode? Why couldn't you survive? Why why why why why??" I started to bawl now. I traced the outline of the helicopter ingraved into the stone. I heard some footsteps behind me. Expecting it to be Nick I quickly jumped to my feet.

     "Always been a jumping bean, huh?" asked a familair voice.

     "Jake!! I was gonna go to your house just now! But wait, what are you doing here?" Iyour brother asked as I hugged him.

     "Your brother called my house asking if you were there, but when I said no, he asked if i could go and look for you." Jake answered.

     "My brother? Worried about me? Well, I guess there's a first time for everything." I mumbled into his chest, still holding his body close to mine.

      "Although it might not seem like it, your brothes you. I found that out with my brother... uh.. yesterday!" He said, brightening up the mood. "Want to leave here and talk somewhere else?" Jake asked. "It's just plain creepy here."

      "Okay, one second, I need to say goodbye to my dad." I answered. I stumbled over to the tombstone once more and whispered to it "I love you dad. See? I haven't fogotten about you. Here's a promise. I'll never forget about you, If you never forget about me. Sound like a deal?" I felt a soft breeze blow around me, and it felt just like my dad's hugs used to feel. Just then I knew it was a yes.

       Jake and I walked to the park instead of his house. We sat on the swings and just let the breeze carry us, back and forth.

        "Can we go to your house? The breeze is turning into a strong wind, and I'm getting pretty cold out here." I stated.

        "Sure. I can make you a cup of hot cocoa, with marshmellows and wipped cream, just the way you like." Jake offered.

        "That would be awesome. Hot cocoa, in summer! haha" I joked. We both laughed until our sides started to cramp.

         When we arrived at his house, his mother greeted me at the front door.

         "Well, hi there miss Annabell! It's nice to see you here once again!" said Jake's mother. She invited us in and gave us both anormous hugs.

 

 

 

 

      

    

 

      



© 2012 BRITTNAY_NAY_TAY_TAY


Author's Note

BRITTNAY_NAY_TAY_TAY
should i continue to write this book?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was really good. It really pulled me in when she went to the graveyard. There are a few grammar and spelling mistakes, but it didn't affect my reading. I focused while reading it and I didn't get distracted at all, which is really good. I really like this and I want you to continue it! (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


That was really good. It really pulled me in when she went to the graveyard. There are a few grammar and spelling mistakes, but it didn't affect my reading. I focused while reading it and I didn't get distracted at all, which is really good. I really like this and I want you to continue it! (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 5, 2012



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


F-R-I-E-N-D-S F-R-I-E-N-D-S

A Poem by .