Chapter 4: Gilbert and Vincent's past

Chapter 4: Gilbert and Vincent's past

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1
"

What the title says, we come to Gil and Vince's past

"

Vincent took Echo to the servants who make all the gowns and tux’s, telling Gilbert they’d bring back an outfit back for him. Once Gilbert had fully awoken and was finally all alone, he began to think about the past while he waited for the two to return back.

~***~

Gilbert and Vincent were born as members of the Nightray royal family and they lived in the mansion with their mother, Mary Nightray, father, Dan Nightray, and aunt, Lilly Banker.

   Mary Nightray was an elegant and beautiful woman with long blond hair and two miss matched eyes, one crimson red and the other an ocean blue; skin porcelain. She would wear a dark purple dress with white frills, jet black heels and white gloves on her hands.

   Dan Nightray was a tall, well-shaped man with jet black hair, gold eyes and peach skin. He wore a white long sleeved shirt with a gray vest over, a jet black over coat, and matching slacks.

   Lilly Banker is the sister to Mary and she has short blond hair, ocean blue eyes and porcelain skin. She wore a green dress with white frills and a ribbon on each side of the dress, dark green heels and black gloves on her hands.

   Dan had suddenly gotten ill one day and died a few days later; a memorable funeral was held and Mary had to find a new husband and soon. One day she instantly fell in love with a king named Fronz Waldorf. He too fell for the lovely woman and the two married, now living in a new place.

   Vincent was very young to understand what was going on, but because Gilbert was older, he snuck around to spy on this king, his step father, and see if he was really suited to be a part of their family.

~o~

I, Gilbert Nightray, stumbled upon a hidden passage way in Vincent and I’s room, surprised at the new discovery I had made. I look behind me to see Vincent sleeping by all his stuffed animals he had gotten as a gift from the king. I then decide to make my way through this passage and it turns out to be a maze! I search for a way out after hearing a terrible sound of hissing, most likely from a cat -they scare me- and tumble into the ball room.

     “Did you hear? The new queen has suddenly grown ill.” I hear a servant.

     ‘What?! Mother is sick?!’ I whisper and continue to listen.

     “She has?”

     “I suspect she must have been poisoned-”

     ‘No! Mother! I run down the longs halls and come to my mother’s chambers to see her lying in a bed. “M-mother?”

     “Hmmm? Gilbert, is that you?” Mother asked weakly.

     “Mother!” I cry running up to her; hugging her. “Yes, it’s Gilbert.”

     “Gilbert, I want you and Vincent to not worry about me and live your life the way you want to. You still should listen to people, but never listen to the Noah’s or Shadow’s, controlled by Earl.” Mother said holding my hand.

     “What are you talking about mother?” I ask. I have no clue what she is talking about. What is this sudden subject she is telling me about?

     “Gil, I don’t have much time left. When the time comes, if you and Vincent are to be separated, remember to keep a look out for the chosen one.” Mother says.

     “Who’s the chosen one? How will I be able recognize this person?” I ask.

     “They say the chosen one will come from another world and will be a girl. You’ll know who she is once you see her.” Mother said. She closes her eyes. “Take good care of your self’s. Care for each other as long as you can. I love you Gil. Tell Vincent I love him too, for me…” The room went silent and mother’s body suddenly gets cold. Tears begin to swell up madly and fall onto her cold body.

     “I-I will…I-I’ll tell Vincent you loved him…Mother…Mother, don’t leave yet!” The doctor, nurses, and King Waldorf come rushing in, the nurses trying to pull me away from my mother as I struggle and tell them to let me go.

     “Take him back to his room.” The king ordered the nurses. I was dragged out and that was the last time I would ever see my mother…Mary Nightray…Alive.

~***~

Gilbert snaps out of his daydream and notices he was crying. He wipes away the tears and he goes into the closet to change into his normal clothing.

 

Vincent and Echo were talking to the maids, telling them the type of gowns and tuxes they were in search for. Sarah soon came in with a servant pulling her along; no matter how much she disliked the idea of dancing at a ball to be filled with royals staring at her, she’s being forced to attend.

     “Please Princess Sarah, you must attend the ball; the king says it’s some requirement of some sort.” The servant said.

     “But I can’t dance!” Sarah said.

     “Hello Sarah, nice to see you here.” Vincent said from behind, startling Sarah half to death. “Are you looking for a gown for the ball as well?”

     “W-well-” She began.

     “Echo would be happy to see you come.” Echo said. Hearing that, Sarah sighed and told them she was and Vincent offered to take Sarah off the servant’s hands so the three could find their outfit together. Vincent found a white tux that came with a black mascaraed mask of a bird.

     “Nii-san absolutely hates wearing anything white. That would be so fun to see him all uncomfortable!” Vincent snickered to himself. He then began to remember back on the day learning of their mother’s death.

~o~

I had just awoken and heard soft whimpering. Then the sound of muttering was heard. I get out of bed; my short blond hair is a mess. I walk over to the figure and notice its Gilbert.

     “Nii-san? What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” I ask.

     “*sniffle* V-Vince...M-mother’s dead, and she told me to tell you she loved you…” Gilbert cried, pulling onto my night clothes. What…what is he talking about? Moth…mothers, dead? One of the servants, Calcifer, comes in and tells us what Gilbert had told me and I fall to the floor, gripping my hair. I soon see scissors with my fuzzy eye sight and take it in my hand. I look at, thinking I would rather die than be here now, but I am suddenly stopped. I look up and it’s Gil. He gives me the puppy dog eyes and begs for me not to throw my life away. What does he know! I want to die!

     “Vincent! Please! I can’t lose both you and mother!” Gilbert begs. I drop my hands to my side, still clutching the scissors in anger and sadness. I walk over to my bed and take a stuffed bear and stab its chest, running the scissors down and cutting off the head. Like the Queen of Hearts, Demios, says, “Off with his head!”

~***~

Vincent was in a rampage and began cutting up all his toys, stuffing all around him. Gilbert was terrified of his youngest brother’s behavior and even left the room so he wouldn’t get hurt. Once Vincent had cut off all the heads of his stuffed animals, he snapped back into reality and was saddened at his surroundings.

     “What have I done?” He said looking at all the stuffing and toys without heads sprawled over the floor. “What have I done?!” The door creaked open and Calcifer was holding onto Gilbert’s hand, walked over to the mourning Vincent and took him with his other hand.

     “The king wishes for an audience with you two.” Calcifer said. The three walked out of the room and Calcifer was a bit surprised with all the cut up toys, later asking to have them be stitched back together by the Doll Maker. They came to the kings chambers and he was tearing up. Gilbert looked to be shocked; Vincent just too depressed to notice.

     “My step sons, it was very sudden off your mother, the queen, to suddenly die today. I hope you two will move on from this tragedy soon.” Fronz said. “Since there is no queen, you two must prepare for becoming the next king and find a wife.” Fronz ordered Calcifer to take the two boys back to their room and Calcifer did so.

 

The next day was the day Mary Nightray/Waldorf was to be properly buried. Lilly was paying her respects to her dear lovely sister, along with others who knew the late queen. Gilbert and Vincent had not only lost their father, but now their wonderful mother. They were to be the last to see their mother before she was to be buried and they were both crying into one another’s shoulders. Once everyone had taken one last look at Mary, Gilbert and Vincent came up and they saw flowers of all kind surrounding her, making her death all the more a beautiful one. They couldn’t contain themselves and cried the hardest they ever had cried. Lilly and a few others were there to comfort the two princes’ and gave them all their love.

   After the funeral, the two wore black for a whole month and before they even knew it, they liked to wear black. There was just one flaw for Gilbert, if he were to be put in anything all white, he would feel so uncomfortable and demand for his usual black attire. Vincent enjoyed seeing Gilbert’s uncomfortable emotion and laughed at him for it. That annoyed Gilbert, but he eventually would get to be back in black.

   One day, the king told them to get all fancied up, for a young girl and her father were coming over and they would have to make friends with her. They did as told and soon came back to see the girl and her father there.

     “Echo dear, don’t be shy, go over and meet King Waldorf’s step sons. They’re nice and won’t bite. I promise.” Echo’s father said encouraging his one and only little daughter to meet little Vincent and Gilbert.

   Echo shyly stepped forward.

     “Hello!” Gilbert said holding his hand out. Echo blushed and gave a squeak, hiding behind her father.

     “Nii-san, not so loud.” Vincent said. He stepped forward and slowly walked towards Echo who tried to hide even harder, gripping her father’s pant leg.

     “Now, now Echo, there’s no reason to be afraid of them.” Her father said ruffling her hair.

     “Hi there. My name’s Vincent. You’re very pretty Echo. May we be friends?” Vincent asked.

   Echo blushed even redder.

     “…”

     “Echo…I’m sorry your highness, she isn’t herself today. We’ll come back in a week and see if she’ll open up to them.” Echo’s father said.

     “Fine by me, but if she does not become friends with at least one of my step sons, there will be consequences.”

     “Yes my king. Come Echo, let’s go back home to mommy.” Her father said lifting Echo up and towards their home in a small village.

     “Awww…I wanted to get to know her more. She was so pretty, wasn’t she Nii-san?” Vincent said. He seemed to be happy around her, though they haven’t become friends yet. Vincent also was getting out of the strange habit of cutting his stuffed animals heads (which the Doll Maker was relieved about).

     “Yes, but I don’t think she likes me.” Gilbert said depressed.

     “Calcifer, would you please escort them back to their room?” Fronz ordered.

     “Yes my king. My lords?” Calcifer said taking the two back.

 

~One week later~

 

     “My King, Echo has finally decided she will become their friend now; won’t you, Echo.” Echo’s father said.

     “Y-yes…I want to be their…friend now.” Echo said shyly.

     “Hi there!” Gilbert said holding his hand out like before. “I’m Gilbert!”

     “E-Echo…” Echo replied shaking his hand shyly.

     “And I’m Vincent. It’s a pleasure to meet you again Echo.” Vincent said. When Echo looked at him, her face became red. Why? Well, maybe she has what you’d say, young love and love at first sight.

     “Beautiful. This is turning out to be magnificent!” Fronz said. “Echo dear, may I see you for a moment?”

     “Huh? Why?” She asked.

     “Because I want to ask you something.” He said. As king, Echo could not refuse his orders, so she went to him and he took her into another room.

     “Huh? What is he doing? Shouldn’t we be bonding?” Gilbert asked. A few minutes later, Echo and the king came out and were told to go off and play for a bit.

     “Hey Echo, what do you want to play?” Vincent asked.

     “Echo don’t know…” Echo said.

     “Hey, why don’t we play a short game of hide-and-seek?” Gilbert brought up.

     “Yeah! That’d be really fun, wanna play hide-and-seek Echo?” Vincent asked taking Echo’s small little hand.

     “Okay.” She replied blushing a bit. Vincent was declared “it” and so Gilbert and Echo quickly ran and hid.

   Vincent counted up to thirty and called, “Ready, or not, here I come!” He ran down a hall and came to a dead end. There was a loud shriek coming from behind the wall and Gilbert came out with a white cat chasing after him. All Vincent did was laugh at Gilbert’s fear of cats and said, “Found you!” Gilbert just whined and darted down the halls with Vincent giving chase and they came to the area where they just were.

     “Hmmm. I wonder where Echo-chan is hiding?” Vincent pondered. He then noticed there was a plant with hair being seen through the branches.

     “Found you Echo!” Vincent said.

     “I would have thought Gilbert would have been her choice, but instead, it is the step son I so despise of she has chosen.” Fronz’s voice was heard, a bit of annoyance in his tone.

     “What?” Vincent said. He was about to listen closer, but then Gilbert and Echo tapped onto his shoulder.

     “What is it Vincent? Something wrong? It’s your turn to hide now while I count.” Gilbert said. The door the king and Echo’s father were in suddenly opened with the two exiting.

     “It’s been a pleasure serving you my king.” Echo’s father said with a big grin. “Come on Echo, let’s head home.”

     “Awww. Bye Echo!” Vincent said. He faced Fronz who seemed to be giving Vincent a discussed face and turned away to head back to the throne room.

~***~

Vincent had snapped out of the past and came back into the present. He got the white outfit for Gilbert, or known as Raven for the ball, and a red one for himself. Echo and Sarah had found very pretty dresses and got them. They all headed back, Sarah going back to her room where Jack waited for her; Vincent and Echo heading back to Gilbert.

     “Hello Nii-san, we’re back and got you something too.” Vincent said. Gilbert turned around and notice Vincent had a red and white tux with masks.

     “The red one is mine, right?” He asked.

     “You’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out~” Vincent sang.

   Grumbling on the thought of wearing the white tux, Gilbert suddenly began to remember a bit on when he was sent away.

~***~

It’s been a few years since Vincent and I first met Echo. Now, we are all in our teen years and it seems things are finally getting better, though, Vincent seems to be a little of a pervert all of a sudden…I’m a bit worried about him. Is this some faze he’s going through?

     “Gilbert, the king would like a word with you.” A servant requested.

     “Okay; Vince, I’ll be right back.” I call.

     “Okay; see you later Nii-san.” He called back. I leave the room and come into King Waldorf’s chambers. He is sitting at his desk, tapping the feather pen in is hand onto a golden yellow paper. He sneaks a look at me, motioning for me to take a seat.

     “There’s something you requested of me?” I ask.

     “Yes, I am in no longer need of you here. I wished for it to be Vincent leaving, but it turns out you are instead.” He said.

     “Wait, what?! What are you saying?!” I ask.

     “I am sending you away to live with your aunt Lilly; and cousin Elliot, in your old home and live as a Nightray; forgetting all about Vincent.” He said putting the quill in the ink container. He’s mad. He can’t separate me from Vincent. He’s had such a hard life; father dying, then mother. He won’t be able to handle this pain. I can’t. I can’t let this happen.

     “No! I will not leave Vincent behind! He’s my only brother and the only one I’ll ever have! We cannot be separated!” I bellow. He snaps his fingers and Echo is brought in, bound. “Echo!”

     “If you want your brother to be safe and this girl to be unharmed, then you will leave.” The king threatened. I grit my teeth and mutter under my breath, “B*****d. You’ll regret this.” And storm out of the room. I’m then taken by the guards and dragged out of the castle and see a carriage there, waiting for me to get in. I take one last look at the castle to see Vincent by the window, mouthing my name. His look says it all. The horror of seeing me off like this…I’m sorry Vinc…hopefully I can see you once again…

~***~

     “Master Gilbert! You have guests!” My aunt’s servant called. I walked into the room he called from.

     “Guests? That’s rare. Who are they?” I asked, seeing a girl with brunette hair and a man next to her with his long golden hair put into a long braid. Something seems strange with this girl…she doesn’t seem to be from around here.

     “Sarah Hollenbeck.”

     “Jack Heartstopper.”

     “Please leave Fred.” I said to the servant.

     “Yes master Gilbert.” Fred said bowing and walked off to attend to my aunt and cousins request.

   I turn to the two guests.

     “What are you here for?” I asked.

     “To take you back to Vincent.” The girl Sarah said. “He misses you and, well, he’s a bit clingy on me.”

     “Take me back? But King Waldorf sent me back here! Why would I return to that place?”

   I really want to return, it’s just, now isn’t the time.

     “Err, maybe not return, but visit Vincent every now and then.” Sarah said. “Right Jack?”

     “Yes. She’s right.” The man Jack said.

     “Please come at least this once and see him again. He misses you so much. Please Gilbert?” Sarah pleaded. Goodness, she seems too innocent for her own good.

     Hmmm. I should go see Vincent again, but if I go, he won’t let me leave, but then if I don’t go, he may keep being a pervert to this girl…what should I do? I thought.

   After five minutes of silence, I broke it and replied, “Okay, I’ll go.”

     “Yay! Thank you!” Sarah cheered.

~***~

Gilbert snapped out of the past, catching up to the present and attending to some brotherly love he missed out on.

     If there is one thing I cannot tell Vince, is that the king despises him.



© 2012 PokemonFan#1


Author's Note

PokemonFan#1
Goodness...took me FOREVER to finish this chapter. I had such bad writers block, but lookie here! I done did finish it! ^_^ Now for Jack's past! (*Tired enthuseasum* Oh joy...more flash backs...such fun...)
Sorry this took so long to put up, hope you enjoyed it!

When I read there was someone named "Fred" in Pandora Hearts, I thought it was strange how I just happened to come up with the same name. :P

~o~ = first person
~*o*~ = first person next part
~***~ = next part

Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sarah off the servants hands so-----servant's

but then if Idon’t go, he may keep being a pervert to this girl------I don't

Those were the only mistakes I found. Good Chapter :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


i LOVED it! i like how jack kisses u in the end ~squeals~

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 13, 2012
Last Updated on July 24, 2012
Tags: Vincent Nightray, Gilbert Nightray, Mary Nightray/Waldorf, Dan Nightray, Lilly Banker, Fronz Waldorf, Calcifer, death, sadness, anger, Echo


Author

PokemonFan#1
PokemonFan#1

In a land only Alice was said to go to; through the tunnle and down the rabbit hole; Wonderland, AZ



About
I am.... ☐ Single ☐ Taken ✔ Mentally married to Jack Vessalius I am a Pokémon geek, Mormon, singer, artist, writer and a picky eater.... I like to read mang.. more..

Writing
Chap 1 Chap 1

A Chapter by PokemonFan#1