Tears

Tears

A Poem by The Little Lady
"

A memory of the horrors my friend faced in highschool

"

There on the bench a young girl sat, her hands folded daintily in her lap. Silently listening to her normally boisterous friend speck about his day. His normally jovial attitude soured by earlier encounters. The insults he had gotten had been thrown at him by his bias classmates. It was an endlessly infuriating affair, ever since freshman year, He had tried so hard to get away, but he was unable to disengage. Today though his locker had broken into, and his possessions scattered across the school. He didn’t keep anything important in there, that wasn’t what upset him.

It was the words written across the open locker in blood red ink. “Death to f**s.”              These word haunted him, and it was only at the retelling of this specific event did his eyes overflow. There magnificent blue color of his eyes only magnified by his tears. Those tears were like a signal to the still girl. Her hands left her lap wrapping the silently crying teen in her slim arms, pulling the boy to her smaller frame. He resisted for only a moment, looking into her hazel eyes, seeing no pity, only understanding, he relented to the petite girl.

His exhaustion was evident as he lay against her chest, head pillowed on her breast. It was an awkward position, how his body was bent, but the comfort provided by her hand smoothing his hair made him not want to move. She was his angel in his personal hell.

 

© 2008 The Little Lady


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bre
i love sad poetry

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is very sad, I have been in such a situation once, but only once so it didn't take too much affect...this is so sad, but so well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

God, this one speaks to me only because I have been there, not to the extent of "death to f**s" but being openly ridiculed in class, rumors, and things left on my doorstep (pictures of me with a haunting nick-name on it) and I've wanted a comforting shoulder or breast or at least had that I didn't think I was weak. I've had friends with fooling smiles, holding back tears, denying their own sorrow. very well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting and sad. I love the interaction between the two and the description of it. It is such a shame that people are idoits! Not everyone has to be the same and I wish people could see that! Anyways... nice write and very powerful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is touching. Very touching.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wish, i had someone like you, Kanika, when i was growing up here in Ontario. Someone, who cared to take the time and listen to what i have to say, without passing judgment because i am different. A very powerful and moving account of your friend's personal hell.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2008


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..