Clay Estates

Clay Estates

A Chapter by Pinkipodgirl14

The taxi stoped infront of the biggest machon I had ever seen.

"This is it the Clay Estates" the taxi driver said to me. "That will be $20"

I handed the man the money grabed my bags and went up to the front gate. It was locked.

"Can I help you?" A voice said

I looked all around and coulden't see where the voice was coming from.

"Over here miss" The voice said again

I looked over to the side of the gate. There was a little room build into the side of the gate pillars.

"Oh sorry" I hurried over to the little window carying all my bags.

"No problem, what can I help you with miss?" said the tall, good looking gate gard.

"Um, I'm here for a job opening. My name is Elizabeth Waters, I called abought the job eailer" I said.

"Ah yes Miss. Waters. I'll open the gate for you and I'll take you to the door" He said.

The gate opend and I walked over to it.

"Here let me help you with those bags. Where do you come from Miss. Waters?"

"I'm from dowtown Chicago, well thats were I took 2 years of Colage. Then my mom sent me an e-mail and said the the  Clay's needed a maid. I had always wanted to be a maid so I decided to move out here, get away from the city."

"I see. Here we are at the main house."

He rang the doorbell and we wated for the door to open.

"Scuse me you know my name but I never cought yours"

"It's Brent"

"Well it's nice to meet you and thanks for helping me with my bags."

"No problem"

"Can I help you?" said the buttler that had opened the door.

"Yes Adam, this is Miss.Waters"

"Miss. Waters, please come in. Thanks Brent." He closed the door and led me to a chair in the loby. " Miss. Waters please have a seat, I will  go tell the Master you are here."

As he walked away I looked all around at the butifull things in the lobby. I noticed a big grandfater clock in the main hallway next to the stairs. It looked just like the ones my grandpa used to make.

"Scuse me ma'am. Sorry to startle you, the master wants to see you right away."

I followed the buttler up the big staircase and I tryed to make small talk but he only ansewed in short ansews, I guss he's not a people  person I thought.

"Right through this door Miss. Waters"

"Thank you sir" I said as I walked in the big study.

"You must be Miss. Waters, I'm Master Clay. You applyed to be a maid correct?"

"Yes sir"

" Would you also be intrested in being a part time nanny? The maid that left was also the nanny in the evenings. The younger children are taken care by their tutor during the day."

"That would be no problem sir. I love children! One time...."

"Please Miss. Waters I don't have all day to listen to your storys from when you were in the city, maybe some other time. Also my oldest son, Edward will be returning from Harvard University tonight so please if you have any questions later tonight consult the other maids. You will be shown to your room by Nancy, our head maid. Your uniform will be waiting for you on your bed. Please change right away. Your cloths arn't to be worn wile working. You may  where the cloths you brought while off duty. Now Nancy will you take you to your room. Thats all for now."

With that I was shoed out of the room and was met by a nice looking lady.

"Good day Miss. Waters...."

"Please call me Elizabeth"

"All right, Elizabeth, follow me up to your room."

We walked up a couple flights of stairs untill we got to a door that led to a hallway. As we went down the hallway I looked out of a window and noticed we wern't on the ground but like on a walking overpass that I used to croos on in Chicago. Except insted of it being over a train or a busy street it was over a little river abought 100 feet up from the ground. Nancy must of noticed me staring out the window in shock.

"Elizabth? Are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine just a little in shock becouse I didn't realize we were this high up."

"Oh you'll get over it. This is the only way to get to the maids quarters. Its almost like our own house. The maids love it here, expecially the view we get. OK heres your room. See you later."

"bye"
 

 



© 2008 Pinkipodgirl14


Author's Note

Pinkipodgirl14
Ignore speeling problems. I'm going to add more later. Plese tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on April 14, 2008
Last Updated on May 3, 2008