Chapter 3: Friala

Chapter 3: Friala

A Chapter by Hannavas R.
"

Rosie takes on a Friala and Athenos.... finds something very unexpected.

"

The Friala had locked her eyes on Rosie and held it.  Her wild black hair reached her ankles. Her black eyes started to expand from her iris to cover the whites in her eyes. Her nails started to extend and looked like short daggers sticking out of her fingers.

Rosie just looked and watched- didn’t move a muscle- didn’t look scared, like she’d seen this a million times.

I was appalled, disgusted, and frightened.

“A Friala is a disrupted god. They’ve fallen from their reign and become nothing more than angels. There people or followers abandoned her. Filled with blood lust she attacked the villagers and decided to kill them all out of anger. So now she’s even less than an angel, she’s a red winged angel.” The Friala charged towards her, “We’ll continue this conversation later,” she said, her eyebrows furrowing.

The Friala broke from her spot faster than the speed of light and instantly appeared in front of Rosie, she pushed her fist into Rosie’s gut, and then suddenly blood started gushing out of the Friala’s mouth. A hole had formed in her gut exactly where she had tried to punch Rosie.

“H-how,” the Friala managed to spit out before falling back off of Rosie, her arm sliding out of her gut and then turning to ash shortly after it fell out. Rosie’s stomach was fine, not a mark on it.

The Friala turned her head to me and smiled a wicked smile as her final moment alive.

            My jaw was on the ground. I have been Rosie’s slave for almost a year and I’ve never seen her do that. I still have so much to learn about my mistress.

            Rosie just smiled down at the girl as she turned from human form into her previous form. A wolf with long white hair, though her blue eyes were soulless now, it was easy to tell that they used to be full of life. The fur then started turning red and her eyes went black before the wolf starting falling down into the earth in tainted red bubbles.

            I looked at Rosie, her eyes were almost sad, but the color had definitely changed from the green early this morning to a deep blue.

            She looked at me and walked over and gently ran her clean hand through my hair and then dragged it lower to my shoulders and pulled me into her arms, my head resting on my mistress’s bosom. “You’re so innocent, even after all the times you’ve watched me slaughter the impurities of the world. Athenos…” she looked down into my eyes seriously, “I’m not sure how much longer you’ll be able to stay weak like you are. It’s only going to get harder from here.  You may be attacked one day and I may not be able to save you.” She kissed my forehead, making me blush a bit.

            Something fell behind me. I turned around and saw a man, his roots just beginning to turn white. Tears were falling from his eyes in sadness and joy.

            The hurricane of emotions… sometimes I wish I didn’t understand them.

            Rosie’s deep blue eyes lightened a tone, as she walked over to the man. She knelt down in front of him and put her cold hand on his. “T-thank you,” the man managed to spit out between sobs.

            He took his hand from hers after a few minutes and reached into his pocket after a few minutes. I was sitting next to him now and watched him pull out about 10 dollars of paper money. “It’s everything the village had to offer you for your services.”

            Rosie took the money and suddenly I heard sobbing from inside a nearby house, its quiet almost inaudible, and would have been if my hearing hadn’t been enhanced. I walk across the door listening for the crying, forgetting about the old man, and almost about Rosie. She watched closely as I used my talent.

            I walked inside the wooden house and instantly realized that the sobs were coming from under the floor, I lifted up the only rug in the small two bedroom house and sure enough there was a secret door underneath it. I lifted it up and walked down the creaky wooden stairs, “It is okay. I’m not going to hurt you,” I spoke into the darkness and realized that the crying had momentarily stopped, “It’s over now, the monster is dead.” I stood at the opening of the secret passage until a heard a heavy breath exhale from the child, not able to hold their breath anymore.

            I walked over to them slowly, saying everything is okay. I reached out and touched the child’s shoulder, being able to make out their shape in the dim light coming from the opening. They fell into my arms crying, “Mommy and daddy… are they… dead?” a squeaky voice said to me.

            I ran my hand slowly through their hair. It was short, “I don’t know, but come on let’s get out of this dark place.”

            They nodded and I led them out into the light.

            When I could finally see their face, I still didn’t know if it was a girl or a boy. She was young maybe seven, wearing boy clothes and had short boyish hair, though had a voice like an angel.

            I looked at her confused and paused before I asked, “What’s your name?”

            Her eyes looked shocked like no one had ever asked for her name before, “uh… it’s Fetell.”

            “And are you a girl or boy Fetell?”

            She looked down and almost started to cry again at the question, “I…. I’m both.”



© 2013 Hannavas R.


Author's Note

Hannavas R.
I love Reviews. This chapter actually feels like it's missing something, so please lend some advice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on December 3, 2013
Last Updated on December 9, 2013
Tags: friala, demon, monster, fantasy, hermaphrodite.


Author

Hannavas R.
Hannavas R.

About
I am a 16 year old fantasy and romance reader and mostly short story writer, though I also write gay and lesbian, autobiographies, poems, novels, teen and young adult, and strictly adult. I'm silly.. more..

Writing