Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by Autumn Takatch
"

Who knows man, who knows what it's about so you better read it and find out

"

Autumn Takatch






         Galloping across a deserted plain, nothing I'm hoping to gain. Wind whipping tendrils of hair into my face, dreaming of being in a better place. The look of sheer joy maring a lone girls features, flying across the forlorn land, on the back of a gentle creature who carries me away to memories once lost, making me shiver like fall's first frost. Newly awakened with life's blessing, my face in one's mane I closely nestle. Around me all worries cease as I am filled with everlasting peace. A serenade of years to come, a place where I have come from. The trees that sway and dance in the sun, a calling so deep under its rays, a reminder of the times I recalled those days. The tiny footsteps of a barefoot follower padding across the grassy earth from birth, at the time I knew it would never last. Staring up at the starry sky, dreams that are forever lost, a pain so searing that it could only come at a cost. Being so young with the cold earth seeping into my naked toes, feelings surrounded me containing so many lies. The happiness I felt was at one time undeniable, the only thing that was left of my spirit could possibly be liable. Pounding in the far off distance made me stop to listen, ears twitching to the hoofbeats of an imaginary song, a melody to which many coats glistened, Galloping treacherously hard and long. Flapping in the wind like summer grass under the willow, their names slapping hide like the waves of an ocean, In sync with one another in two different motions. A pony the color of burning amber trotting in the breeze, made me turn around, stop, and freeze. Three separate from the rest, all deciding to put me to the test. Older as the years go by, things come, go, and die. Now a teenager in despair, one one of the earth seeming to care. Head held high daring anyone to come near. If only they knew what was held inside was a succumbing fear. Looking backwards into the past, I've changed more than I can possibly see. The world's colors and images flying by into which the horses will always fill me with secret glee.

© 2017 Autumn Takatch


Author's Note

Autumn Takatch
not edited. grammar and how dialog is written is off.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 27, 2017
Last Updated on January 27, 2017

Author

Autumn Takatch
Autumn Takatch

About
Sometimes I write. more..

Writing