How to Buy the Right Garage Door Opener – Here are Some Effective Tips

How to Buy the Right Garage Door Opener – Here are Some Effective Tips

A Story by Garage Door Repair Brampton
"

Modern garage door opener comes with various features to fit your needs.

"
An automatic garage door opener helps to enhance the security of your house. When it comes to selecting the right opener for your overhead door, you may be confused about the factors of safety, security and quiet operation. A garage is a perfect place to store several items such as tools, lawn mower, bicycle, and vehicle. If your garage door does not close or open properly, the valuable items stored in it will be exposed and vulnerable. To prevent it and to open and close the overhead door properly, you need the right garage door opener.

Electronic garage door opener comes with a unique code that could only be accessed by a remote control. When you decided to buy a new opener for your overhead door, there are many different factors to take into consideration.

1. Drive options: Before purchasing an opener for your garage, you need to know the types of opener and difference between them. There are three types of garage door opener available such as chain, screw and belt. A chain drive opener is a less expensive, but it is noisier. A chain drive opener is a less noisy than a chain drive, but it is little expensive. A belt drive is the most expensive, but it is the quietest of the three.

2. Battery backup power: In case of power outage, it is crucial to have a power backup option for operating your garage door. All the models of opener come with a manual release that allow you to operate the door in the absence of power.

3. Reliability and size: Operation of your garage door depends on the opener. A high quality opener with the right size is crucial for both convenience and safety. Select the right size according to your overhead door. The size of a normal garage door is a seven feet high. It is a standard height. All the openers are designed according to this height. If you have a non-standard size door, make sure you understand the right size of opener.

4. Brand and prize: Only you know what is your budget and it allows you to spend more on a new garage door opener or not. Before going into the process, know your budget. Don’t go with a leading brand. You can find a garage door opener that provides you many features at a low price.

5. AC vs. DC power: AC motors will be less expensive as compared to the DC motor. The AC motor feature is included in a chain drive and DC is included in a belt drive opener.

If you are not comfortable with the above advice, it is best to hire a Garage Door Repair Brampton professional. You can ask him for various questions that you have in your mind. If you are confused with the different types of opener, get the help of our professionals at Peel Garage Doors in Brampton. They will assist you.

© 2016 Garage Door Repair Brampton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on July 14, 2016
Last Updated on July 14, 2016
Tags: Garage, Door, Repair, Installation, Cable

Author

Garage Door Repair Brampton
Garage Door Repair Brampton

Brampton, On, Canada



About
Peel Garage Doors provides professional, affordable & Emergency overhead door repair, parts replacement/maintenance, installation services across Brampton. more..

Writing