Line on the Light

Line on the Light

A Poem by Payton ThaProphet

I got a line on the lights, got em closin one eye. Left me bleedin for dead, surprised cause I'm still alive.. Workin plenty and love it, gettin bread on the water. Best respect me or kill me, yea that's one hell of an order.. People thought I was gone, vanished without a trace. People look at me now and sit back down in their seats.. I just came from the beach, trees'll sway with the breeze. Me, I bend but don't break, I'm here it's time to proceed.. From the top to the bottom, from the left to the right. Had me start from the bottom, now I'm kissin the sky.. Gimme all I deserve, I ain't takin no shorts. Had me swimmin with minnows but now I'm leadin the sharks.. I swung in it from start, two departments to flex. That's your head and your chest, protect your life with a vest.. That's if you're scared of death, that means you're scary to die. I live ahead of the rest, until I'm buried alive.. Got a line on the light, twisted fate in the shadows. I will never surrender, there's no retreat when I battle.. They say that death here is certain, but I'm livin immortal. Don't believe me then try and see if you can kill me I dare you.. Never fear what I see, never see any fear. Take a moment to thank the Lord for the things that He gives.. What's a life without conflict, what's a saint without sin, What's to come of the sinners, when the light becomes dim??

-Prophet

© 2016 Payton ThaProphet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on September 25, 2016
Last Updated on September 25, 2016

Author

Payton ThaProphet
Payton ThaProphet

baton rouge, LA



About
Cajun man from baton rouge more..

Writing