Chapter 6- A Few Chapters In And We're Just Showing The Main Character?

Chapter 6- A Few Chapters In And We're Just Showing The Main Character?

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas
"

Myles Originally Had A Different Name Then This...But In The End We Thought Myles Fit Best

"

The scene changes and Soren starts walking down an alley when he hears the sound of someone out of breath. Soren doesn’t hesitate to stop. As he continues to walk he turns at a corner. He sees the figure bent at the knees with his head down.

 

Soren: “I knew you’d be somewhere around this area. (The person turns to look at him). Myles, 2nd in Command of the Sunset Squad.”

 

Myles (out of breath): “Is that you Soren?” (Soren nods his head) “How did you manage to find me out in East Caesar?”

 

Soren: “East Caesar is a perfect training spot. From the alley ways, to the buildings, to the buses. (Soren sees a ladder attached to a building and decides to do a pull-up) The whole East side is just like one big weight facility. Besides you always were a workout buff.”

 

Myles laughs and agrees with him. Then Myles gets serious.

 

Myles: “Why did you come to find me? I figured you would hate me, along with the others.”

 

While Myles is catching his breath, Soren starts to speak.

 

Soren: “You’re our Leader. We aren’t exactly the kind of gang that can function well without someone behind the wheels.”

 

Soren then has a flashback to where a Sunset Squad member was about to eat a slice of pizza but Kidd comes out and grabs it.

 

SS Member: “Kidd you b*****d”

 

The gang member says as he picks up a chair and launches it at Kidd but it manages to hit Jax. Jax then kicks the guy into another gang member and then a huge brawl ensues. The flashback ends

 

Myles: “My goal was to get stronger before I came back. (Myles starts looking up into the sky and continues talking) You know with the boss gone every so often, I knew one day I’d have to take over. Never expected it to be so soon though”

 

While Myles is talking Soren is noticing something is out of place. He sees patches of ice on the ground & how the weather is noticeably chillier in this area. He makes note of it to himself.  Myles doesn’t seem to notice and continues to talk.

 

Myles: “It’s nerve wrecking. To carry on the legacy of the Sunset Squad is going to be a tough one. We’ve been top dog in Southern Caesar for almost a decade. I don’t want to run that into the ground.”

 

Soren: “You’re talking selfish Myles”

 

Myles looks confused but Soren continues to talk.

 

Soren: “You’re not the only one in this Myles. None of us want to see the Sunset Squad fall into the ground. We’ve been here from the start. We’re not going to let anything stop our rise to the top. Not me, not Kidd, not Kazuto, nobody. The only reason we came out to East Caesar was to take over Skymon’s territory and begin our rise. Once All That Radio gets a hold of it, they are going to spread it throughout the city.”

 

While Soren is talking he sees something unusual about Myles. He can see his breath while he is resting but before he can say something Myles starts to speak.

 

Myles: “You know Soren, you’re right. I’ve been looking at this the wrong way. Just because I’m going to be the head of this doesn’t mean I’m in this solo. I know that you guys will have my back that is if they aren’t pissed at me.”

 

Soren tell Myles he just needs to explain the situation. They begin talking some more about why they came over to East Caesar and how they were beginning to start their journey to the top. Myles then remembered Skymon and asked how they were going to bring him down. Soren tells him that Kidd was probably at the base right now. Myles seems a bit nervous about the idea.

 

Myles: “I don’t know if Kidd will be able to manage taking him down by himself. Skymon is a scary individual. I had to go all out just to come to a standstill with him when they tried taking over. And to be honest, I think it only came to a standstill because he was just getting used to his powers. Now that he has even better control over his ability, I can’t even gauge his strength.”

 

Soren tells Myles that he was planning on heading over to where Kidd is after he found Myles.

 

Myles: “So was it just you and Kidd that came?”

 

Soren: “No. Jax is with us but he went over to Sonic Park to crash a party that they were having. Kidd and I were going to go over there after we left Skymon’s base.”

 

Myles tells Soren there is going to be a change in plans.

 

Myles: “Soren, I want you to head over to where Jax is now. I’ll go over to the base and help out Kidd. And watch out for other members of Skymon’s crew. If Jax has already started to fight, no doubt some members will be headed back here to tell what’s happening over there. When we’re done we’ll be heading that way”

 

They begin to go their separate ways but Myles stops and reminds Soren to be safe. Soren gives him a thumbs up motion. They are about to part ways again, but before Myles can turn the corner Soren calls his name.

 

Myles: “What’s up?” 

 

Soren: “You know since I met you here I’ve been having this uneasy feeling. This area seems different from the rest of East Caesar and your presence has a different feel to it. It feels almost as if you’re a completely different person.”

 

Myles (confused): “What are you trying to say Soren?”

 

Soren: “Are those “Strange” abilities coming back to you Myles?”



© 2011 Ace D Portgas


Author's Note

Ace D Portgas
Writer's Secret: Myles Originally Had A Different Name Then This...But In The End We Thought Myles Fit Best...Thumbs up if you can guess his Strange power

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like Myles. I really enjoyed reading this chapter. Oh Jax picking fights as always. Kidd I hope he doesn't get into many fights later on. Myles is cool, but still my favorite is Soren. It's interesting Myles is the main character. I can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Mysterious mysterious Myles.
Is he going to turn into one of those charaters that everyone fangirls over??
I'm curious :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
This book is great! I'm dumping Mangafox

Posted 13 Years Ago


This story is really coming along

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oooh, now Myles was(is?) a "strange"? I was thinking (before I read the last line) that maybe it was an uneasy feeling because Myles was turning against them... Well, I shall read more to find out! Anyway, back to critiquing. This scene has lots of talking, not that it's a bad thing, but it's sort of a tense atmosphere between Myles and Soren while they're talking. Seems strange to me, but I suppose it's part of the story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought for sure Soren was the main character...

Ah well. Guess it cant be helped.

That last line has got me pumped to read on!!! This is really super f'ing addictive :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Soren's not the main character??? Wow, that's a curve ball! But hey that's still a good chapter. "Are those "Strange" abilities coming back to you Myles?" I like that line, it's so mysterious.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wait Soren isn't the main character? Huh I thought he was! Anyways great chapter! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmm, very intense. The conversation between Myles and Soren had me on edge all the way through, and that last line was a great way to end the chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
So... is Myles the main character? I always assumed it was Soren, but the title of this chapter says otherwise. That flashback made me laugh so hard. The Sunset Squad seems so lively. It's probably a gang that I would want to join into(if I had to join a gang). ^^ But I guess girls aren't aloud, huh? I can almost sense a HUGE battle scene coming. It might not be HUGE but I know it's gonna be awesome. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

817 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 18, 2011
Tags: comics, manga, force, powers, government, humor, comedy, adventure, fourth-wall

So Called Heroes


Author

Ace D Portgas
Ace D Portgas

MI



About
My name is Patrick and I'm currently working on a comic/manga entitled "So Called Heroes". My dream one day is for this to hit the shelves so everyone can get a look at it...Cause I Just Gotta Make It.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..