Smile

Smile

A Story by Oscar Lopez
"

Just something to cheer the less fortunate.

"

Smile :)

I awake to the beams of sunlight dancing in my room creating a spectacle of beauty. 6 o' clock in the morning and you could only imagine how I looked in comparison to the beams of light; groggy with an attitude. Same routine, brush my teeth, a splash of water to my face and whatever was lying around in the kitchen to eat. I threw on some khakis and a polo shirt to get ready for summer school. If you're wondering,  I'm taking an art course to pass the time of summer and not because I'm behind.  My mother nagging my older brother and I to rush to the car or we'll be late, but we've heard that every day since the since the start of summer classes. She wanted to raise us right, so we'd be punctual and be helping members of society. She never saw it that way though, but only the vision of us growing up. My name is Oscar Lopez and I am a 16 year old boy who knows not what the world ahead has in store for him. I spend my days pondering on my dreams and silly ones to be truthful. The idea of Me being president is ridiculous or me being a well known engineer. In truth though, these dreams have been the reason for me to keep going. The existential question of what is are purpose? Why are we here? These question have not only popped into my mind, but into the mind of all those capable of dreaming. What if they might say, or Imagine if...  All I can say to those folks is that if you have the power to dream it, you can be it. Regardless of what anyone might say. This is written for the sole reason to get those who aren't in the best place a chance to see the beams of light I do. If it looks like things are getting tough, you hold on there and keep fighting for yourself because if you don't who will. Smile a little.

 

© 2016 Oscar Lopez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was a little something I came up with feeling a little down.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
1 Review
Added on August 1, 2016
Last Updated on August 1, 2016

Author