The beginning and end

The beginning and end

A Poem by Opi

Let the end be the beginning, and the beginning the end. Life and love can be upside down that way, isn't that what they say? A roller coaster ride taking you all the way. For the years i have lived, i do not agree with this cliche'. Who says we can't have a say? Who says we can't make the best of life in our own way? Rules here and rules there, expectations from society and those from our inner selves. Thoughts in turmoil hearts in chains. Sometimes I sit and wonder, would God want it this way? I believe I was created for a higher purpose, an insanely happy life. One where I can visit National Museums and coffee houses by my self, without the constant need of having others around me. To learn about myself, improve myself and love myself more than any man can ever love me. It is only by doing this that I can touch those around me. It is only by doing this that I take control of my life. It is only by doing this that the beginning remains the beginning, and the end the end.

© 2016 Opi


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

sounds like a journey of self discovery.
insanely happy... I like that. :)
I think some of my happiest moments have been by myself. so maybe there's something to that.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 15, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016

Author

Opi
Opi

Nairobi, Kenya



About
Simple not so young, not so old human with a dying passion that needs rekindling. (writing passion lol) more..