Abducted

Abducted

A Story by museeyoum
"

A perfect bike ride with a sister devolves into a harrowing tale of guilt and despair after her abduction, unraveling the protagonist's life and family.

"
The air was crisp that day, not many people around. Just the perfect day to ride bikes with my beloved sister. Her smile could cure millions of diseases. Her smile brought warmth to my chest, yet as fate would have it, that same smile slowly became the unwitting source of my pain. It was a paradoxical journey from euphoria to heartache. The very brilliance that once nurtured my spirit began to cast shadows that eclipsed the joy it once bestowed. Her screams pierced my ears like tires screeching on wet concrete. There was nothing I could do, there was nothing to do, there was nothing that could’ve prevented the abduction. It was futile, bound to happen from the start. In the face of adversity, I revealed myself to be a coward, hesitating and retreating when courage was most needed. I left her there, as her cries for help vociferated the dense forest. I dashed home, feeling the blood reach my throat and exit through my mouth with each sharp cough. The metallic taste of blood intensified once I arrived home. Who was I going to tell? My mother would be ashamed of the son she raised. The son who swore to protect his sister. Mother greeted me at the door with her usual smile, but it soon faded as she realized no one was beside me. “She’s dead”, I cried out as bile erupted from my mouth. I still taste it till this day. Mother hung her head in shame and slapped me across my cheek. “It should’ve been you”, she shrieked, making me jump back in horror. Mother’s words hurt me, but not like her fist. The authorities found her deceased, all her teeth extracted from her skull and fingertips gone, as well as toenails. They only identified her due to the overwhelming missing persons posters plastered in corner stores, boutiques, and salons. Mother's alcoholism spiraled, taking a toll on her mental health. Soon she began to hallucinate and have night terrors. One day, upon returning home from school, I found mommy, her lifeless body swaying to the rhythm of the wind. She had hung herself and slit her wrist. On a piece of paper, the text stained in blood read:“It should’ve been you”.

© 2024 museeyoum


Author's Note

museeyoum
What do you think of this story?? Please let me know and please be nice, this is the first time I have written something like this. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on August 5, 2024
Last Updated on August 5, 2024
Tags: Psychological Thriller, Guilt, Tragedy, Dark Fiction, Loss, Mental Health

Author

museeyoum
museeyoum

About
I love mysteries and dark fiction. Writing is my passion and I hope you all enjoy my work :3 Unlock the labyrinth: ECHO-4F8T-FRAG more..