Gahiji's Three Wishes

Gahiji's Three Wishes

A Story by Alexandria

 

                “You think that by having a genie grant you three wishes will bring you great happiness, but it doesn’t work that way.  Most genies use their magic to bring you great unhappiness.  Heed my words and never use the three wishes.”

                Those were the last words Gahiji’s grandmother had given him before her death.  Gahiji, a man of about twenty years, had always wanted to find a genie, so when he found a magic lamp he had forgotten his grandmother’s words.  All he could think about were the three wishes.  Glancing down at the lamp, golden with a garnet on top, he began rubbing the lamp with much anticipation.

                  A mysterious blue fog suddenly rose up followed by a genie.  The genie was the size of two trees and the horns, hair, and eyes were all coal black.

                “Who dares disturb my five hundred year slumber!” The genie bellowed.

                “I did, and you will have to be awake for the next few days.” Gahiji commanded.

                “I suppose you expect three wishes, much like every other mortal human.” The genie growled. “How you humans offend me.  Expecting me to be their servant, I am the great Runihura and will not be manipulated ….”

                “That’s great in all, but I just want my three wishes.” Gahiji interrupted.

                “Fine, but you can’t wish for more wishes and more importantly you cannot wish to reverse any of your previous wishes.” Runihura rumbled.  

                Gahiji took a few seconds to think, and took his first wish “I wish to be king.”
                Runihura spoke the words in a spell before disappearing.  Nothing happened, when after a few seconds still nothing happened Gahiji walked home.  Disappointed nothing had happened he crawled into bed for the night.

                The next morning, Gahiji was surprised to find the royal guards in his yard.  As he approached them they all bowed before him, as they would the king.  One guard stood up while the rest remained bowed.

“It is my sorrowful duty to tell you that your uncle, the king, died last night.  In his last words he told me that you are to be the next king.” The guard said sadly.

                Gahiji stumbled back at the thought of being king.  Forgetting the genie and his uncle’s death, he followed the guards to prepare for his ceremony.

                After the ceremony, while Gahiji was resting Runihura appeared before him.

                “Hello Gahiji, how is it being king?”

                “It’s great, I don’t need to stress over family problems.”

                “You don’t feel anything for your uncle’s death.”

                “Why would I?”

                Runihura stared silently at Gahiji for a few seconds obviously he didn’t care much for other people.

                “Anyway your arrival is well timed; I would like to use my second wish.”

                “Any what is your wish.”

                “I wish to rule the world!”   

                “Yes, your kingliness.” Runihura said before disappearing.

                Over the next few days a war was fought until Gahiji’s army had conquered all of Europe, then Asia, Australia, South America, and finally North America.  The war lasted surprisingly a few days, but cost the lives of millions of people.

                “Good afternoon my king.” Runihura greated as he appeared. “Are you ready for your third wish?”

                “Yes, I wish I could see my grandmother and hear what she thinks of my success.” Gahiji said.

                Runihura disappeared, leaving a rotting corpse in his place.  Gahiji walked over to the corpse recognizing her as his grandmother.

                The corpse opened her mouth and sorrowfully said “I’m so disappointed in you.  You just threw away my words with no heed at all to them.  In the process you killed your uncle, along with millions of other innocent people and you have cursed me to wander the Earth as a rotting corpse for all of eternity.”

                “But I didn’t mean to, this is all a mistake!” Gahjij cried out, stumbling backwards.

                “This was no mistake; you made those wishes and will suffer for as long as you’ll live because of your greediness.”

© 2013 Alexandria


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on December 11, 2012
Last Updated on January 22, 2013