Monstrous

Monstrous

A Chapter by Nya Joy Simmons
"

This chapter speaks for itself.

"
I remember. People don't believe me, but I do. She had freezing blue eyes that shimmered under the sunlight. Her hair stretched downwards to her soft pale feet. She had creamy buttermilk skin and rose red cheeks soft as a petal.  Tall and slender she stood above several, an angel hovering above the crowd, the light shining behind her. She was probably sweet, and kind. She probably cooked good food too. I never will know.

 I remember chilling cries and screams. Lanterns of orange danced as the wind pushed us closer to the edge of the sanded road. Her breath fogged my eyesight as she ran, faster and faster by the second. Frigid breezes seeped through my thin ragged cover numbing my body as it grew blue. She held me tighter and whispered something in my ear, I don't reckon the words, but it sounded beautiful. The words tickled my ear as they locked into my memory.

 Her scream echoed in the air, and I was released from her grip. She reached for me but chains pulled her back.Night had grown cold and lonely. Pitch black sheets draped over the earth and there wasn't a lightbulb in the sky. Frost sprinkled over  dead grasses and the whispers had grown silent. I was alone, but I didn't cry. I lay silently on the solid white grounds and waited, for anything.
 
I was awaken by the bright star that had risen behind the mountains. Thin, faint clouds hung over it, but it shined right threw. I was deserted on the edge of a blue-black body of water, just a couple feet away from it's beginning. I'd no idea what it was. It looked living to me, like a big black monster. It scared me, a lot.

 As I neared it and my hand had entered into where the monster and sand met, it grabbed me. It's cuffs were wrapped around my wrists loosely and playfully. I released my hands and wrinkles began dancing in it. Did I hurt it? I put my hands back in and the wrinkles slowly disappeared as the monster grew still.  I was nude and cold, but my attention had grown towards the mysterious abnormally sized monster. As I released my hands once more, something stared back at me. It was repulsive and sagged. I couldn't bear to look at it any longer and crawled back to the dirty shores.
 
Days had passed and I was alone, still. The monster was my only companion andi had grown to feel safe with it. It even spoke to me at times. I couldn't speak back, but I giggled  and laughed in return. As I enjoyed the monsters company, two arms reached behind me and grabbed me. I screamed and grabbed for my monstrous friend, but the arms pulled me back. I would never see my monster friend  again. Or would I. 


© 2013 Nya Joy Simmons


Author's Note

Nya Joy Simmons
Please tell me if parts didn't make sense and how I can make them better and what you really liked about it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I must add that your writing is very descriptive as well. That adds to the reader's experience. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Another great piece! You're writing really draws the reader in. Continue to explore your imagination and document your stories! The world will celebrate, and appreciate, them! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: Water, monster, Orphan


Author

Nya Joy Simmons
Nya Joy Simmons

Boulder, CO



About
"You have to be in the dark in order to see the stars." more..

Writing
Dearth Dearth

A Story by Nya Joy Simmons