Glas   Chapter 2 - Riding

Glas Chapter 2 - Riding

A Chapter by Ninjaboy+Icecream
"

The city of Glas falls below the surface of the Earth. Whose stories are involved and how do they lead up to such a catastrophe?

"

Chapter 2 �" Riding

 

 

[3-5] March 5th, 1994  5:30 AM

 

            A man with a backpack speeds down the highway on his motorcycle while dawn approaches in front of him as a reddening sky. Confidence blazes in his eyes, and he blinks.

            The man is Merriweather Clark.

 

            “I have to do this,” he thinks to himself. “I need to know...”

 

 

[3-5] March 5th, 1994  12:01 AM

 

            A man slides out of the sheets covering himself and his wife. The man has short cut brown hair, brown eyes, and a clean-shaven face where you would not expect to see hair regardless.

 

            The man is Merriweather Clark. 25 years of age.

 

            Walking silently out of the bedroom, Merriweather gently closes the door behind him. He walks down the wide hall of the house and looks into the first room on his right where his son, a boy of only eight years, is sleeping. A few seconds pass and the man continues on his path down the hall and down the stairs and into the garage of the house.

 

            Merriweather already had a backpack readied with supplies as well as clothes layed out. He put on a suit, grabbed his backpack, and got a motorcycle. The garage door lifted with a whirr and the motorcycle’s engine started up.

            “I’m sorry for all the trouble I’m about to cause.”
            “I’m sorry I can’t stay with you, my dear, my son.”

            “I need to know,” Merriweather thought to himself. “I have to do this.”

 

 

[3-4] March 4th, 1994  7:05 PM

 

            “In other news, Eye Corp.’s once illegally demolished headquarters is now set to be resurrected. Eye Corp.’s CEO, Renald Goldbloom, and the mayor of Glas, John Rockfield, have both finally come to good terms as the mayor has stated that he will fund the construction of the new building. The new Eye Corp. building is set to be built in the very same plot of land that it was demolished on, as well as built with the same blueprint in hand that created the first one. It’s a monumental event for the world over as the medical corporation has not been able to live up to their old name ever since the disaster. The very timing...”

 

            The T.V. in the living room died out behind the thoughts of Merriweather as shock and surprise rose within him.

 

            “I really don’t understand this…” Merriweather said to himself.

            “What don’t you understand?” asked his wife as she passed by out of the kitchen, a woman with short cut red hair slightly longer than her husband’s.

            “Ah, it’s nothing, Cherrel, I was thinking out loud.”

            “Well, think a bit more quietly then,” she said as she took a light jab at him. “I’ll be on the computer upstairs; I’ve got some things from work to take care of.”

            “Right, good luck with that,” Merriweather replied, struggling to balance his thoughts and the small chat.

 

            “John would never have done that, not the John Rockfield I know,” Merriweather thought, “or perhaps, that’s just the John Rockfield I ‘knew’.”

 

            “Papa, I’m going to bed.” Merriweather turned around to see the child that had appeared at the top of the stairs, his son, an eight-year old with short, messy red hair and brown eyes. “Tell me a story, please.”

            “Of course, Henry, go get in bed, I’ll be up there in a minute.” The boy left to go to his room.

            “I need to know just what is going on,” Merriweather thought to himself. “This can’t be anything but bad. In fact, I’ve made up my mind. There’s just no other way to go about this. I’m going to Glas.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Ninjaboy+Icecream


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gah, I made a terrible mistake on the date of the third set of events in this chapter. It is fixed though! (One day earlier, heheheh...)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011
Tags: fantasy, adventure, mystery