Words of Pity

Words of Pity

A Poem by Nicole Renee

 

Fake Suicide,
I want your attention.

Fake Suicide,

I don’t give a s**t what you think.

Fake Suicide,

I’m going to pull the wool over your eyes.

Fake Suicide,

 I have the blade and now I’m going to cut.

Fake Suicide,

No, I’m just kidding.

Fake Suicide,

Now let me sway you with my words of pity

Fake Suicide,

I want your words to fill me with a glee.

© 2008 Nicole Renee


Author's Note

Nicole Renee
My friend and I are talking on msn and she told me that this friend of hers is trying to get pity (and attention) out of everyone by saying stuff she wouldn't normally do. She then asked in a message to my friend that if she killed herself, would it make it all better (something to that effect). I hate it when people do that, it gets me so pissed off because people have no right or reason to say that they're going to kill themselves JUST for the attention (and the words of pity..oh geesh, I just thought of the title for this poem. O.o). So for the love of pete, don't say that to me. Ever. And I've never tried to do this, so don't think this is about me. By the way, this is another attempt at a experimental poem.
______________________________________________
4-17-08: Ok, I know that it seems incomplete, but I don't know what else to put for the ending...that's why it's the way it is. XD Lol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hate it when people do things for attention as well, especially something as serious as contemplating suicide.
As far as the poem..I thought it was intense and very to the point. A strong message, and very blunt.
Kudos.

Posted 16 Years Ago


*sigh* Oh yeah, people do crazy stuff like that. Someone I know tried to get hit by a car (and failed). You did a really good job if this is truly experimental. You definitely get the point across with repeating "FAKE SUICIDE" over and over again, and that's definitely a way to get people to listen. Although, I have to side with Frances L. Phillips when it comes to the feeling of it being incomplete. :P Oh well, there will be plenty of time for that creative mind of yours to make this thing better sevenfold!

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 16 Years Ago


The only thing I would like to see is it expanded on... seems incomplete for some reason.... I do like it though...

Posted 16 Years Ago


I see the anger in the poem...I can't quite agree with it because I don't take any threat lightly and I'd tell someone this "friend" is threatening suicide...well, anyway, I see an angry draft. I'd love to see you expand on the idea.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Great write I knew before i read your comment that this was a piece from anger the message was very clear great write!

~Frances~

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2008
Last Updated on April 17, 2008

Author

Nicole Renee
Nicole Renee

Anoka, MN



About
I usually write poetry and short stories, yet I always come up with good ideas for novels. I did have a long biography on here,but when Charlie deleted everybody's work off of here on Friday the 13th,.. more..

Writing
10 Days. 10 Days.

A Chapter by Nicole Renee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114