Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Nicole

Sakura woke up with a sinking feeling. Today was prom, and Jordan was going without her, he was going with Kristen. Sakura's stomach lurched painfully. At least he remembered, she thought again, and it's not like he said anything mean to me...

It still felt like it didn't matter, though. No matter what she tried to do that morning before school, as she got ready for school, her heart gave painful tugs in her chest. Everytime she closed her eyes, she saw Jordan and Kristen slow dancing, Jordan and Kristen laughing together, Jordan and Kristen kissing together. It was just too much pain. She saw them at the cottage, drunk on the floor, Kristen laying ontop of Jordan. She quickly shook her head, trying to rid herself of the images. Everytime she blinked, however, she saw his face, his huge smile, his brilliant teeth shining in the light, those beautiful blue eyes...

Then, she slowly walked downstairs for some breakfast. She retrieved her iPod and her cell phone, and was about to put them in her knapsack when she noticed her phone was flashing. "One new message" It said when she flipped it open. From who? she wondered. It was a text message, sent at 1:30am, it said: "I promise I'll be careful at prom. I will see you on Tuesday at school. Meet me at my locker in the morning please. - Jordan".

Sakura blinked, and blinked again, and again. Could this be real? She must be dreaming...She slapped her face, no not dreaming. Then why would he want to meet her on Tuesday? I know she thought, he probably has to tell me something bad, like he can't talk to me anymore because of his girlfriend...

No matter how hard she tried to squash her hope, however, it still fluttered in her chest. Maybe he didn't hate her, he had been nicer to her since the concert. But you still can't let that get to you, remember what happened last time? she argued with herself, reminding herself of the last guy she had 'fallen in love with'.

She couldn't concentrate during school, and her friends were quick to notice. "Did something happen again?" Crystal asked after school. They were going to Wendy's tonight, and then to the mall to chill. All of Sakura's friends knew she'd need a distraction. Once Crystal made this comment, however, Sakura realized she had not recounted any of the previous night or this morning to her friends. She decided that, once they arrived at Wendy's, she'd explained everything in complete detail.

For now though, everything reminded her of him. She walked down the corridors searching for him, even though she knew he wouldn't be there. Then she heard Chi blurt out that one of their friends, Lina, was going to prom tonight. No! No! No! Sakura shouted inside her brain. I want to be there! I want to be near him! She placed her right hand over her chest again and gripped it tightly, instantly regretting it as the pain seared through her knuckles. She sucked in a breath, but remained silent, dropping her hand back to her side.

Right after school, they walked to Wendy's. Sakura explained everything in complete detail, just like she told herself she would.

"I don't believe it! Show me the text!" Chi exclaimed.

Sakura retrieved her phone and showed them all the text. "Unbeleivable" Chi whispered.

"I don't know what to think..." Sakura said softly.

"Let's not worry about it," Emmett cut in, "Let's just have a blast tonight."

They all went to the mall, and Sakura and Crystal bought denim shorts and a mini-skirt apiece. Chi bought an awesome sweater that was baby blue, and Emmett bought everyone soft pretzels. For most of the night, Sakura had so much fun. The whole night, however, Jordan was in the back of her mind and always present in her heart. Somehow he always came up, absolutely everything reminded her of him. Chi and Crystal could tell Sakura was still distracted sometimes.

"I'll be right back." Crystal said, and dashed towards the washroom.

"I guess she really had to go," Chi shrugged. She was smiling, like she always did when she was trying to hide something, but Sakura was too distraced to notice. Crystal came back about 10 minutes later. "Guess what?" She cooed.

"What?" Chi asked, as she nudged Sakura back into reality.

"Hmm?" Sakura looked up.

"We're having a slumber party at my house tonight! Girls only, sorry Emmett" she winked at her boyfriend.

"But, I don't have PJs, and my parents don't know and-"

"Relax Sakura, why do you think I took so long? I cleared it with all of the parents, and they're all bringing your stuff to my house." Crystal beamed.

Comprehension finally dawned on Sakura, she attacked Crystal with a huge bear hug. "Thank you." Sakura's voice was muffled.

"Anytime." Crystal laughed.
***
Crystal's house was so fun that night. Jake made waffles for everyone, even though it was midnight. Jake was Crystak's older brother. He was nineteen, but really short, probably only as tall as Sakura. He had long brown hair and blue eyes. This sometimes bothered Sakura because it reminded her of Jordan.

Crystal's parents had gone to sleep, even though the kids were still up, which was awesome. Sakura, Chi, Crystal, and Jake watched Juno, and then told stories. By that time, they all kicked Jake out because it was supposed to be "girls only" so they went up to Crystal's room, got comfy, and talked.

They talked about everything, but were careful to avoid the subject of Jordan, the point of this night was for Sakura to be happy. They didn't drift off to sleep until 2:30am. Sakura layed her head on the pillow and closed her eyes, and the last thing she saw before she fell into her deep sleep, was Jordan's face, smiling and happy. She felt the pain tug at her heart, but she let the drowsiness overcome her, and she fell asleep.


© 2008 Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is moving along nicely every chapter has something new happening that makes me want to read on to find out what's going to happen on Tuesday and why does Jordan want to wait until then to meet.... Very interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not really the sort of thing I read but it reads well, flows nicely and holds your attention.
~raven

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2008


Author

Nicole
Nicole

Canada



About
i love writing and reading i really love jonas brothers (and joe jonas with my life!!) uhm twilight, hp, sisterhood series are some of my favs i also love empress of the world and so many books that i.. more..

Writing
Magic Magic

A Poem by Nicole


The Car Ride The Car Ride

A Story by Nicole


Imagine Imagine

A Story by Nicole