Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Nicole

Sakura didn't know what to do anymore. She thought maybe it was best to just ignore Jordan, and not care, but she knew she wouldn't be able to do it, no matter how hard she tried. She tried to catch his eye all day, but to no avail. She was walking home now, by herself. I always have tomorrow I guess... she thought. Suddenly, she stopped walking. She completely forgot, how could she forget? She almost collapsed again, but she steadied herself. Tomorrow was prom, he wouldn't be at school, and he was going to prom with her.

She kept walking home, trying to keep her breathing even. She wouldn't see him for 4 whole days...what was she going to do?

I could always call him, but he said he doesn't like talking on the phone...Maybe MSN? Hmm...He didn't always answer that. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! She smacked her forhead.

She was at the front door of her house all too soon, the whole time she argued with herself about what to do.

Sakura ate a snack, went downstairs and did her homework. Her parents were coming home late tonight, so she had to make herself dinner. She decided on mac and cheese. By the time she sat down in her room with the phone, it was 8:00pm. Jordan hadn't been on MSN all night, and she really wanted to talk with him, but she still hadn't decided. She put the phone down, then picked up. Up, down, up ,down.

Finally, she decided she wouldn't be able to get any sleep if she didn't hear his voice. He wouldn't be mean anyways right? She asked herself as she dialed his cell number with trembling fingers and a racing heart. Sakura heard her heartbeat more than the ringing of the phone.

"Hello?" What a magical voice he had.

"H-hi." He's deffinately going to hear my heartbeat, Sakura thought.

"Sakura?"

"Yea." She could barely speak, her heart was beating too fast, she couldn't breath right.

"Heyy, what's up?" He asked enthusiastically.

Sakura took a deep breath to try and calm herself. "Not much I guess, you?"

"Just chilling."

"I see, well, I called because...I never got a chance to see you today and...I just wanted to tell you to uhm have f-fun at prom tomorrow."

"Haha, I will."

Sakura could almost see the twinkle in his eyes as he said it. "Good, and please be careful. I want you to come home in one piece and healthy."

"I will, don't worry so much about me."

"I'll try." Sakura whispered.

"I promise, I'll come back fine." The assurance in his voice was amazing, there was no way I couldn't believe it.

"Okay. I...I..."

"Hmm?" He prompted me.

Do I say it? What do I say? Sakura's thoughts screamed out at her.

"I-I'll miss you." She finally whispered softly.

There was a pause. "I'll miss you too."

Another pause.

"I gotta go Sakura, I'll see you around."

"Yea see ya." Sakura mumbled.

"Good night...cherry blossom." Sakura could hear the smile in his voice.

He remembered! He remembered! Joy overcame her. "Haha, you remembered! Good night Jordan."

"Haha, later." Dail-tone.

Sakura hung up and smiled to herself. How many times had she attempted to make him remember what her name meant? He finally did! It was an amazing feeling of joy in the middle of all the despair and grief she felt, knowing very well that she wouldn't see him for 4 days, and that it was likely he'd be making out with the Kristen girl who disliked Sakura. I wonder what will happen next...She thought as she let her tiredness overcome her, and she fell asleep.


© 2008 Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great chapter full of emotions to keep me going, see what happens next. Been a long time since I read a romance and I am loving this one. Great writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
1 Review
Added on September 9, 2008


Author

Nicole
Nicole

Canada



About
i love writing and reading i really love jonas brothers (and joe jonas with my life!!) uhm twilight, hp, sisterhood series are some of my favs i also love empress of the world and so many books that i.. more..

Writing
Magic Magic

A Poem by Nicole


The Car Ride The Car Ride

A Story by Nicole


Imagine Imagine

A Story by Nicole