Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Nicole


"I'm sorry, but I have to go." Jordan's breath was on Sakura's face.

"Kristen?" Sakura asked. His eyes tightened. "Yea."

Sakura slowly released herself from him. "Good night, Sakura." He let his hand rest on her cheek before he disappeared around the corner, no doubt looking for Kristen. Crystal and Emmett were at Sakura's side in a flash.

"We saw and heard everything," Crystal told Sakura as she sat next to her. "I hope you don't mind."

Sakura shook her head.

"Our parents are going to freak out soon." She nudged Sakura in urgency.

"You're right." Sakura said, rising to her feet, with the help of Emmett.

"Your hand." Crystal winced again as she looked at it.

"Don't worry...Guys, I really don't feel like going home just yet." Sakura's mind was too clouded and she didn't want her parents worrying about her.

"Neither do we." Crystal nodded firmly, retrieving her cell phone from her pocket. "You think Chi is still hanging around?" She asked Emmett. "Most likely." He replied.

Crystal punched in a few numbers on her cell and held it to her ear. "Chi? Hey, are you still in the school?...Yea it's going to be fine...We'll tell you yes...No no...Wanna come with us?...Yea, we're going to call... Okay, bye."

Crystal glanced up at me and held out the phone. "Call your parents, Chi is going to meet us in this hall and we're all going to get some ice cream to cheer you up." She smiled.

"I don't have money." Sakura mumbled.

"We do." Emmett said firmly. Instantly, Sakura knew there would be no arguing, they were getting her this ice cream whether she wanted it or not. So she took the phone and called her dad's cell. "Daddy? I'm going out instead with my friends okay?"

"Why did you take so long to call?" He was shouting from the other phone.

Sakura couldn't take this right nowm she was already too fragile. She closed her eyes, though, and tried extremely hard to control herself. "Sorry daddy, I was...busy. I'm going to walk or get a ride home, okay?"

"Fine. See you at home." And he hung up.

Sakura took a deep breath and handed Crystal her phone back. She called her parents next, and by the time she hung up, Chi met with them in the hall. "Hey guys!" She tried to be upbeat, but looked solemn.

"So, let's go get some ice cream."

They walked, side by side, to Dairy Queen, where Emmett bought his girlfriend a blizzard along with Sakura. Chi had money and insisted on buying her own, Emmett just bought a vanilla ice cream. They sat at a secluded table near the windows.

"So, care to tell me what happened?" Chi asked.

"I'll explain if you want." Crystal offered. Sakura nodded, keeping busy with her ice cream. She needed time to think.

She barely heard Crystal recount each and every detail of what had happened upstairs in Chi's absence, she was too busy thinking. So maybe he does care, he certainly seemed to. Although, he says he doesn't care about anything...except her, she scowled at the thought, He showed concern anyway, and he apologized...

But it wasn't the first time, she fought with herself, how many other times had he apologized for whatever he did, and then just went and did it again. Maybe it really is just me? I must be over-reacting to everything and over-analyzing it. She tried to crush down the hope she was begining to feel, she didn't want to be let down again. She couldn't help but feel elated, though, He apologized! He held me! Her thoughts screamed out, bouncing around in her brain. She was surprised no one in the room could hear them.

"Wow." Sakura came back into reality to hear Chi's exclamation as Crystal's story ended.

"You have to admit, he's really confusing..."Crystal pondered. Everyone nodded their agreement.

"It doesn't seem like it's only been one night, it feels like it's been at lease three, for all of this to happen." Sakura said after a few minutes, breaking the silence.

"Yea." Chi agreed.

They ate and talked until Emmett looked at his watch and announced it was 11:00pm. "We have a test tomorrow!" Chi blurted when she heard the time.

"Oh my gosh!"

And they all rushed out of Dairy Queen.
***

The next day, the test went quite well, but that didn't make Sakura much happier. She had passed a poster advertising this year's prom, which was in 2 days. She had spent weeks hoping that Jordan would ask her to go, seeing as he was in grade 12, and was going. She was only in grade 11, so she would need to be asked in order to go. Now, it killed her even more to know he'd be going with Kristen, spending the weekend at the cottage too. She'd spend four whole days without him. What would that do to her?

She tried hard not to think about it all day, but it deemed impossible. She was making her way to lunch when she almost crashed into a really tall and bouncy figure. A quick glance told her he wasn't alone. She heard his ringing laugh, and her heart fluttered. She looked up again, but this time her heart stopped. Jordan's arm was around Kristen's shoulder, she was smiling, and glaring at Sakura. Jordan paid no attention to her, just kept walking. He did it again, she thought, he promised he'd be different. Her heart was raging. He looked so happy though, he never looks that happy around me. Her heart fluttered lighlty once more, and then all of her anger was gone, to be replaced by weakness. She had no energy now, no will to even move. She collapsed on the floor, her breathing coming in ragged, torn breaths. She closed her eyelids and tried to steady herself.

Her right hand flew to her chest, and instantly she cringed, her hand still hadn't healed, and it was really sore. There were three cuts on her fingers, where her rings were. Her knuckles were purple and bruised. She didn't care, though.

Sakura pushed herself back to her feet before anyone could come and see her being weak. She shook her head and composed herself, she'd be strong. Besides, she thought to herself as she pushed through the cafeteria doors, he probably just didn't notice me, he wasn't looking at me or anything.

It still hurt her unbearably, though...
***

"Hey."

Sakura looked up from her locker, shocked. That was so Jordan's voice.

"Hey." It was Jordan, she could see his big blue eyes looking at her.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Alright, yourself?"

"Tired. Uhm, how's your hand?" He reached for her right hand, and this time she didn't pull away. The feeling of his skin on hers made a fire spark inside of her. He gently brushed his fingers over the bruise and each cut, everywhere his hand touched, she felt a tingle.

"It's okay." She managed to choke out.

"It looks pretty bad." He pondered.

That's when she saw Kristen at her locker, it was only a few down from Sakura'sherself closer to her locker and crouched away from Jordan.

"What's wrong?" He asked. His back was to her so he didn't notice her.

Sakura couldn't answer, she didn't want him to leave, but she didn't want to cause him any grief. He saw she was looking behind him though, and turned around. "Kristen!" he called, instantly his face lit up.

He ran from Sakura over to her and hugged her. She looked happier to see that he ditched Sakura for her.

Sakura didn't know what to do, but she couldn't stay here and watch. She quickly closed her locker and bolted out the door, running half the way home, before she tired out and had to walk, gasping for air. A single tear trickled down her face, into her short hair, and finally dropped to the floor.


© 2008 Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow This is a gripping story! It has me hooked to see what happens next. The characters are interesting and I already don't know or like Kristen. Not sure how I feel about Jordan and I love Sakura. What a talent you have! I will read on and stay tuned but first I should go back and read the beginning. I am enjoying your writing. Thank you and God bless.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
1 Review
Added on September 9, 2008


Author

Nicole
Nicole

Canada



About
i love writing and reading i really love jonas brothers (and joe jonas with my life!!) uhm twilight, hp, sisterhood series are some of my favs i also love empress of the world and so many books that i.. more..

Writing
Magic Magic

A Poem by Nicole


The Car Ride The Car Ride

A Story by Nicole


Imagine Imagine

A Story by Nicole