File 02: Strange

File 02: Strange

A Chapter by Nichole Angela

RIIIIIINNNGGG!

My peaceful sleep was destroyed by my freaking alarm clock.

I angrily slammed my hand to the head of the mechanical chicken that was hovering beside my bed. It was jumping and flapping its metal wings like a freak. It is shouting with a very sharp ringing voice that slowly drills a hole on your eardrums.

Though the moment that my hand slapped into its power censor, which is located at its head, it immediately shut up and calmed.

Even though it was already off, the sound that it makes still rings within my ear. Anyway, I'm still sleepy so I decided to sleep again.

Just when I am nearing the edge to being asleep, I nearly jumped out of bed when it rang again after a few seconds. It was as a deja vu just occurred.

While it was busy shouting its mechanical lungs out, I stretched my arm to its direction while I was still lying on my comfortable bed. I grabbed the noisy chicken effortlessly. I faced the back of the chicken to my eyes before making a smooth vertical swipe on its back. A holographic window suddenly popped in front of me.

That window contains the settings of the weird alarm clock. When I scanned it, my eyes landed on the Repeat Settings.

One sentence of frustration slipped from my mouth "Ugh...She changed the settings again."

The new settings states:

"Repeat alarm as many times as long as my brother goes backs to sleep."

"Wow..." I whispered. I salute her in these kind of things. You see, it takes a skilled technician to hack the original settings of alarm clocks like this (the new definition of technician nowadays: hacker).

She is really gifted in repairing gadgets or hacking systems even at a young age (envy strikes...huh? It's n-nothing never mind!).

It was flailing on my hand but I didn't pay so much attention to it. Something on the back of my mind tells me to look at the time so I followed what my instincts whispers.

The weird chicken is choking from my deathly grip but I don't mind (cold hearted mode). I gaped as I stared at the time.

7:30am

"Oh...my...God!" I threw the blankets away as I said the last word. I quickly jumped out of bed but one unfortunate event ruined my morning other than oversleeping.

Due to adrenaline rush, I didn't noticed that a part of the blanket fell down to the floor. Then...I tripped. I fell down and my face buried itself on the cold floor.

I moaned and lazily yawned before saying:

"Good morning world..."

~File 02: Strange~

Other than tripping after waking up, my morning was normal. Though throughout that time, my sister didn't stop teasing me about my clumsiness.

ARF! ARF!

I flinched as a small Shih Tzu dog suddenly started licking my feet.

"Good morning Andrew..." I patted the head of my pet dog, Andrew. Don't be fooled though. Although he looks like a normal cute stufftoy, he is actually a robot dog. Other than having supernatural speed and strength, he is normal. Trust me, he can be a great bodyguard at times.

Before me and my sister left for school, I made sure that I fed Andrew. He barked happily as I waved goodbye at him (Back then, I didn't know that I would miss my dog for years).

Me and my sister rode a car to school for 20 minutes. From the window, I can see the view of the city. Tall buildings and other structures were scattered all over the city. Humans and bio-humans alike walks in the city streets. Oh I forgot to mention that we are now traveling by air. Yeah, driving cars in midair. Traffic was no longer a problem because the drive ways are now suspended mid air.

We arrived at school at exactly 8:30am. Just in time before being considered as latecomers.

Inside our classroom, several high tech planes, realistic human models (no, not those im the magazines. What I mean is human anatomy), students playing video games, and geeks reading books (er--Book that has videos at each scene and interactive activities).

My sister and I seated ourselves at the last row of the room after being greeted by fellow classmates.

As our teacher entered our classroom, the lights automatically dimmed. At the same time, the students quickly ran to their seats.

"Good morning class, today we will be studying about the industrial history of our country."

A flat screen TV slowly went down from the ceiling (Cool...The TV is cool but the lesson is not).

"Not again..." I whispered in protest. This is one of the most boring and sleepy activities at class. Not to mention that the topic adds to the dullness of the activity.

I grabbed something from my bag to entertain myself while our teacher continues to talk in front.

30 minutes later...

I am busy solving a 15 sided mini Rubik's cube in my hands when our teacher suddenly called me. I quickly rose up to my feet to answer my teacher.

"Uh...what's the question again ma'am?" I asked.

"I'm asking what CPH is and what do they do." she said.

"O-oh..." Even without listening to the teacher, I completely knows this.

"CPH stands for CONFIDENTIAL PRISON HUNTERS. They were a group of people that are assigned to handle top class cases. Although they are well known, no one is still able to catch a glimpse of them."

Our teacher adjusted her glasses before she spoke "Good. You may sit down."

I sighed when I sat on my chair while my sister just smiled at me.  

*** 

During recess, my sister DID treat me but she was too clever and I got tricked.

She gave me a single petty burger.

"Umm..." I tried to react but she interrupted me.

"No more buts. I treated you. Now shut up."

"But!"

"Sssh!"

"......" to avoid a commotion, I decided to keep my mouth shut just as he said. Oh well... 

*** 

After classes, my sister got called by a teacher outside. Due to my overprotective mode (even though she doesn't have the nicest personality, she is still my sister that why...Ayiiieh!), when she did not returned within 20 minutes, I decided to look for her.

I went around the school. Even at the halls, rooms, labs and even under the closets and desks (just to be sure), but she is nowhere to be found. Soon, I decided to go out of the school grounds to look for her.

I finally found her in one of the shallow alleys on the street. The problem is, she is with a man clad in a black jacket. Due to the hood, it prevented me from seeing the guy's face.

I ducked behind a wall nearby to eavesdrop in their conversation (I'm a bad kid and I'm guilty) but I accidentally bumped through and old fat man who scolded me for bumping into him. That simple commotion caused me them to realize my presence.

I froze when she turned to look at me. Her eyes were emotionless and dull. As if she was hypnotized or something. Her cold stare froze me to my position.

That's when I felt a man's hand cover mouth. He was wearing a black hood and is standing behind me. When the wind passed by, his open jacket revealed a silver emblem with three letters on it.

The three letters that were engraved are:

CPH

At that time, I didn't know that those men will change our lives forever...

(Yeah I know this is fast paced but life at this age is also fast paced so it fits. Do not complain.)

 



© 2012 Nichole Angela


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"During recess, my sister DO treated me but she was too clever and I got tricked."
This sentence is a bit confusing. Try:
"During recess, my sister did treat me but..."

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lily Marie Tate

11 Years Ago

you fixed DO to DID but treated should be treat. It sounds awkward with treated.
Nichole Angela

11 Years Ago

oh sorry I forgot that one...
Lily Marie Tate

11 Years Ago

Its all good. Just trying to be as helpful as possible!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012


Author

Nichole Angela
Nichole Angela

Philippines



About
I just want to share what's on my mind more..

Writing