Nexus: Polarity

Nexus: Polarity

A Story by Brian Weimer
"

This is an excerpt from Polarity, the 2nd book in the Nexus series, available for purchase in paperback directly from Amazon.com.

"

April Kessler awoke in the middle of the night. He husband was out of town for the second and last night, and would be returning home the following day. She had gone to bed at ten and had been sleeping well until the food craving hit her.

Putting on her robe, the expectant mother had two months left of her pregnancy, and now wanted leftover pizza.

Walking down the hall of her large home, motion sensor lights lit her way, until she arrived at one of the alarms. The device confirmed that the two-story house was locked and secure. Being in the isolated location of the forest, her husband had the best alarm system installed, if for no other reason than peace of mind.

Feeling that something wasn't right, April slowly walked down the steps and looked out the front door at the yard. Turning on the front porch light, the front yard was just as it always was. She had been trying to forget about the incident from the previous week when she and Tom saw an unknown flying object silently hovering above their home.

April turned the light off again and walked through the house, going into the kitchen. Taking the cold pizza from the refrigerator, she sat down at the table and began eating a slice.

Seconds later, all of the power in the house cut off, plunging it into complete darkness.

Hoping that the power would return any second, April took a few more bites of pizza before walking to a nearby window and looking out. Just then, a bright light began to filter into the kitchen from the outside.

Turning, she was forced to block her eyes from the intensity of the light, which moved outside the house. Thinking at first it was somebody with a flashlight, she continued to look, seeing the light hovering off the ground.

A floating orb.

April quickly ran into the living room. Before she realized it, the bright light began to shine through the blinds, having moved around to the front of the house. As her fear began to rise, she backed away and ran up the stairs as quickly as she could, holding her belly. With the downstairs brightly lit, she ran into the first room she came to, her husbands study.

Moments later, the light arrived outside the window, clearly following her. Leaving the room, she ran into another, the nursery they were preparing. It wasn't long before the light shined through, just outside the window, enveloping the room in brightness.

Accompanying the light was a strange noise that sounded like an electronic voice faintly speaking.

Running back into her bedroom, April got into their closet and closed the door. Inside, she found a corner and pulled several jackets off their hangers, covering herself in them, and closed her eyes tightly.

She waited for what felt like half an hour before slowly peaking, hoping to God that whatever it was had left. Looking at the bottom crack beneath the closet door, she saw light, which was now pulsating. April began to tremble at the sight, covering her head again and closing her eyes tightly.

There was nowhere else to hide.

A minute or two later, she heard a loud noise coming from somewhere in the house. Slowly lowering the jackets covering to look once again, she saw what looked like two legs standing outside the closet door.

Whoever it was had gotten inside the house.

Fearful for both she and her unborn child's lives, April began to shake. Without warning, the closet door was thrown open and she looked to see a large, humanoid form, the bright light blocking her from seeing it's features. She began to scream.

© 2015 Brian Weimer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on April 3, 2015
Last Updated on April 9, 2015
Tags: Brian Weimer, Nexus, Christian, Supernatural, sci-fi, horror

Author

Brian Weimer
Brian Weimer

Birmingham , AL



About
Hello. I'm Brian. I've written two novels, Nexus and Nexus: Polarity, which are supernatural, sci-fi thrillers available on Amazon.com. I'm currently working on a third novel to be released in 2016. I.. more..

Writing
Anathema Anathema

A Story by Brian Weimer


Collide Collide

A Poem by Brian Weimer