Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by starfast
"

Prologue for the novel I'm writing

"

There are two kinds of people in Toltova: Those with powers, and those without. No one knew why this was. There were many theories, but none had ever been proven. Whatever the cause, powers were no strange thing in Toltova.

For many years the people lived together in perfect harmony. People with powers learned how to use their abilities to help others. All was well. But just like all good things, it did not last. People began to fear those with powers, making claims that they were dangerous. This hatred led to the formation of a group called the Patrol. The Patrol grew to be a fearsome group with one goal only: To rid Toltova of people with powers.

The Patrol dominated Toltova for over a hundred years. They killed anyone who was even suspected of having powers. No trials were ever given. Only death sentences.

The Patrol's dominance was diminished when King Matthew the First came into power. Hoping that he could return peace to Toltova once more, he abolished the Patrol. Many members of the Patrol fled to parts unknown,and although they were seemingly gone traces of their terrifying rule still lingered. People still openly expressed hate against those with powers, which caused people with powers to hide their abilities.

After King Matthew's death, children began disappearing. Sometimes their dead bodies were found, sometimes they weren't found at all. It was not until almost two hundred years later during the reign of King Matthew the 23rd that the disappearances of the children were no longer dismissed as common kidnappings. Looking further into the matter, Matthew the 23rd found that many of the missing children were known to have had powers. This discovery shed a new light on the matter and brought up a disturbing question: Was the Patrol back? Or had they even left at all?



© 2014 starfast


Author's Note

starfast
Obviously this is supposed to come before the first chapter, but I'm having a few problems with upoading this. Help is both welcome and appreciated.

I uploaded this a few months back, but it somehow got deleted when I uploaded chapter 1.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on July 24, 2014


Author

starfast
starfast

Canada



About
http://starfast99.deviantart.com/ more..

Writing
Meticulous Meticulous

A Story by starfast


Little Boy Little Boy

A Story by starfast


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by starfast